Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

TI goes to the reigning winning region.

TI

on a deserted tropical island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
My predictions have been 100% correct so far.

We will have Liquid OG finals.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My predictions have been 100% correct so far.

We will have Liquid OG finals.

You are a bad person for wanting that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Liquid loses to LGD so Matu can have some justice

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
loool apparently every team's talking about/think OG are hopped up on adderall this ti and ti8

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

loool apparently some ppl/coaches think OG are hopped up on adderall this ti and ti8

Wasn't that what everyone kept saying about Arteezy back in the day?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

loool apparently some ppl/coaches think OG are hopped up on adderall this ti and ti8

Oh nooooo. They're definitely the only ones.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

loool apparently every team's talking about/think OG are hopped up on adderall this ti and ti8

Holy poo poo do you have any links lol

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

As if half the players aren't on it lol

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Holy poo poo do you have any links lol

its from v1lats (russian) podcast. he said every team's talking about it, and also the VP coach said he started having suspicions about it after watching TI8 true sight .

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Winners* don't* do drugs

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

As someone who's using adderall with a prescription I'm wondering what the gently caress these people think adderall does. Sounds like they're confusing it with speed or modafinil

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Winners* don't* do drugs

They do though

and also the losers

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zurreco posted:

You are a bad person for wanting that.

Yeah hate to see two teams that play fun dota play fun dota with each other. Much rather watch LGD get steam rolled again.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

its from v1lats (russian) podcast. he said every team's talking about it, and also the VP coach said he started having suspicions about it after watching TI8 true sight .

This is some loving popular girl level jealousy and I'm here for it

TheRat posted:

As someone who's using adderall with a prescription I'm wondering what the gently caress these people think adderall does. Sounds like they're confusing it with speed or modafinil

Look VP's coach is just saying VP is a really good team and they did so poorly cause the people doing good are clearly cheating.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

TheRat posted:

As someone who's using aderall with a prescription I'm wondering what the gently caress these people think aderall does. Sounds like they're confusing it with speed or modafinil

Same, and it could also have a pretty negative impact on performance if it’s something they don’t take already. Increased heart rate in an already stressful situation can cause some real big problems.

It’s a thing that gets abused because it’s legal meth, it doesn’t give you better reflexes or some poo poo. It just gives you more energy to, ostensibly, be able to focus when normally you would just scatterfocus and stare at a wall or something.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wait, they don't do drug tests? :confused:
I thought that was common in high level esports nowadays

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If you're taking enough adderall to be "hopped up on it", you're so jittery and strung out you'd never be able to play a good game of dota.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
seems like the suspicions are also cause of how notail acted in his post win interview today, lol.

anyway apparently next season 1 major in USA and 1 in Moscow have been also confirmed for the insiders

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It sounds more like they’re because VP can’t understand why they lost.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Wait, they don't do drug tests? :confused:
I thought that was common in high level esports nowadays

A bunch of nerds, likely with some form of ADHD. Testing for Adderall would be dumb as hell and expensive. Plus, in terms of"performance enhancers" for playing video games, are you going to start not allowing caffeine or nicotine?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Nasgate posted:

A bunch of nerds, likely with some form of ADHD. Testing for Adderall would be dumb as hell and expensive. Plus, in terms of"performance enhancers" for playing video games, are you going to start not allowing caffeine or nicotine?

Not saying what they should or shouldn't do, just thought they already did it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Not saying what they should or shouldn't do, just thought they already did it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah sorry the tone seems to point at you. I mean "you" as in the governing bodies of teams and non valve tournaments. Lmao even if drug use becomes an issue, Valve certainly won't step up to the plate.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

If they do it’d be during a training camp or something, most likely.

Like, adderall in a prescriptive form is pretty much like a steady drip feed of caffeine in terms of how it affects you. If you’re taking more than that you’re just getting high on meth and will be too jittery to do anything well. It’s not a thing you can abuse for in the moment performance any more than a can of Red Bull.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

seems like the suspicions are also cause of how notail acted in his post win interview today, lol.

anyway apparently next season 1 major in USA and 1 in Moscow have been also confirmed for the insiders

This man just won a video game an won millions of dollars and he's so happy he's crying from the stress relief.....no that doesn't make sense that's not how emotions work. Clearly drugs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If they do it’d be during a training camp or something, most likely.

Like, adderall in a prescriptive form is pretty much like a steady drip feed of caffeine in terms of how it affects you. If you’re taking more than that you’re just getting high on meth and will be too jittery to do anything well. It’s not a thing you can abuse for in the moment performance any more than a can of Red Bull.

Yeah, basically. People seem to think adderall does what modafinil does. It really doesn't.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

actually Adderall is literally speed. it's literally four different amphetamine(speed) salts. two are active and two are inactive

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

TheRat posted:

Yeah, basically. People seem to think adderall does what modafinil does. It really doesn't.

Well, it does promote wakefulness -- it's a stimulant after all -- especially for people who are taking it for ADHD, which can involve bouts of daytime sleepiness for complicated reasons involving dopamine levels and a phenomenon called theta wave intrusion, as well as circadian rhythm disorders that are often comorbid with ADHD. :science:

Adderall would absolutely help people stay more alert over the course of long sets or when they're sleep deprived, but not significantly moreso than if they're just drinking caffeine, which nobody seems to take issue with. The other things that Adderall does neurophysiologically, like helping to sustain effort with unengaging tasks, or to prioritize less stimulating activities over more stimulating activities, don't really apply to playing a competitive video game.

e: postin about brain drugs in the dota thread

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 24, 2019

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

So for someone who hasn't seen much of the event because of time zones is there a list/sheet of the good games? Are there any must see series before the finals?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

CampingCarl posted:

So for someone who hasn't seen much of the event because of time zones is there a list/sheet of the good games? Are there any must see series before the finals?

There have been an absolute poo poo ton of incredible games this TI. Seems like every day there have been at least two series that are just completely incredible.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I knew og were cheating

Carrier
May 12, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

If nothing else, you should watch game one INCLUDING THE DRAFT of OG v NiP from the group stages.

EDIT: gently caress it watch game 2 too

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Sampatrick posted:

Imagine how much it sucked for Chinese fans over the last 8 years

no

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ana is more pharmaceutical than man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Adderral admiral

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

I think esl claimed they did drug testing for csgo players a while ago

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Addy Ana Annihilates All

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

would anyone really be surprised if it came out that OG is hopped up on pills? esports as a whole and TI in particular are insanely high stress environments and completely unregulated in this regard

what is actually suprising is v1lat/the rumor mill trying to pretend that this is some exceptional circumstance and that only OG is doing it, lmao get outta here with that disingenous crock of poo poo

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ojetor posted:

would anyone really be surprised if it came out that OG is hopped up on pills? esports as a whole and TI in particular are insanely high stress environments and completely unregulated in this regard

what is actually suprising is v1lat/the rumor mill trying to pretend that this is some exceptional circumstance and that only OG is doing it, lmao get outta here with that disingenous crock of poo poo

Imo the drug OG actually uses is smoking some phat dabs. Explains their ability to remain calm and just have fun playing dotes.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
im imagining eternalenvy somehow qualifying for ti again and getting into hijinks trying to fool the drug screen.

bulba in the hotel room taping pissbags to players' legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Good ol boys lgd handle stress the way for intended it, with cigarettes