Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
god anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I love this show so much. Every week it's an absolute treasure to look forward to.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This week can only be summed up as one

WELL THEN

:getin:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I've never been happier to be owned so hard by wishing a show would do something and then the show does exactly what I wanted it to do and it's absolutely amazing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I swear the staff has a list of things that fans have requested and are just using it to plot this season

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I swear the staff has a list of things that fans have requested and are just using it to plot this season

Then Fine had better come back despite being double super dead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

GX had a great seasonal cast that was mostly not utilized super well so I'm glad they got/are getting a second chance.

chumbler posted:

Then Fine had better come back despite being double super dead.

Countdown to Shirabe manifesting the weird energy barrier stuff again.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i love that they call hibiki a god slayer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't loving believe how good this show is

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Certainly a topical episode given last week's discussions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Elfnein is heckin' cute. The Autoscorers are heckin' cute.

I'm glad I caught up so I can talk about how cute the show is (in between the buckets of blood)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1164863700588781568

XV

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just lean even more into grandpa being a super villain show!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Grandpa has the meme eyes...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There's still five more episodes of this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of figured Miku would of got her Mobage gear this way but it still sucks. But Carol and Elfnein best team
Also Symmetrical docking is back baby

Having to wait a week is mean

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's really jarring when Hibki calls Miku just a friend

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Don't do this to me again Symphogear.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris had better have just a straight up gundam by the end of this season.

Also villain trio just can't catch a break, huh. Everyone clowns on them in a fight, they try to go up against maybe the strongest individual in the series, and Fuudou naturally betrays them. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just die off screen. And I'm glad Carol is back and chilled out a bit and will probably return later. Now we just need Fine to make an appearance somehow.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I know, jesus christ. This would have been a finale fight in the other seasons.

chumbler posted:

Chris had better have just a straight up gundam by the end of this season.

Also villain trio just can't catch a break, huh. Everyone clowns on them in a fight, they try to go up against maybe the strongest individual in the series, and Fuudou naturally betrays them. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just die off screen. And I'm glad Carol is back and chilled out a bit and will probably return later. Now we just need Fine to make an appearance somehow.

I absolutely love how Carol is still just an unstoppable final boss in terms of power. "How did you escape our labyrinth?" "Yeah, uh, I'm still the alchemist who literally carved the planet into its component pieces before that got fixed, guys."

Noble Red being the most pathetic squad of villains makes them oddly endearing. No antagonist organization in Symphogear, not even FiS from G, has ever seemed so utterly outclassed and completely screwed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Noble Red has a weird dynamic in that you want them to lose to Symphogears cause they have been totally evil to them but you still want them to come out okay in the end or help beat the bad guy cause they are such under dogs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

Noble Red being the most pathetic squad of villains makes them oddly endearing. No antagonist organization in Symphogear, not even FiS from G, has ever seemed so utterly outclassed and completely screwed.

Yeah, like you always believed that Maria or Kirika or Shirabe could go one on one with one of the A-team gears and, if not *win*, at least hold out for a while. All three of Noble Red's members just get dunked on any time they get into anything even vaguely resembling a fair fight.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This loving show

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

And where the gently caress are we going from here, because holy gently caress.

iospace fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 24, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alternately:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Befriend shem-ha so that It has a part of grandads beating

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this episode didn't really feel earned

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Befriend shem-ha so that It has a part of grandads beating

I really expect this to get wrapped up in 2 episodes given the original one only last 2 episodes and this season has had a brisk pace and also heck yeah everyone needs to beat up Fudou

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

feel like shem-ha!miku should've been the final villain instead of, like, the penultimate (maybe even pen-penultimate) one. like, where do you go from the protagonist fighting a literal god possessing their best friend from Season 1?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

remember when ver got owned by berserk hibiki that ruled can we go back to that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elephant Parade posted:

feel like shem-ha!miku should've been the final villain instead of, like, the penultimate (maybe even pen-penultimate) one. like, where do you go from the protagonist fighting a literal god possessing their best friend from Season 1?

Gramps is going to be the final villain, as he's driving this whole mess.

Though who the gently caress knows, all the stops are being pulled out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i suppose it is only fair that if the heroes can pull miracles out of their rear end then the villain gets to have plans that can never be stopped but i am still mad

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

iospace posted:

Gramps is going to be the final villain, as he's driving this whole mess.

Though who the gently caress knows, all the stops are being pulled out.

I know. What I'm saying is that it's kind of lame that he's (probably) going to be the ultimate villain, given that he only became a major player this season.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fudou's been an rear end from the start though and everyone really wanted him to be taken down a peg

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah he's been a prominent shithead since GX

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This seems like setup so Miku and Hibiki can deliver a combination attack with a display of friendship so platonic that it gets banned for obscenity in several countries.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Really entertaining fightin' in this episode but man I hate grandpa as a villain

fake edit: also please let the power couple live long and happily

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So is the canon ship now Chris x Maria or still Tsubasa x Maria? Or the forbidden Chris x Maria x Tsubasa?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lessail posted:

i suppose it is only fair that if the heroes can pull miracles out of their rear end then the villain gets to have plans that can never be stopped but i am still mad
i mean this is how every symphogear season goes, you mentioned ver and dunked on or undunked on he still accomplished every single goal he had, the protagonists just went 'lol no' and beat up nephilim and then miku threw the cane of solomon 1000000 yards into the air. fine activated the tower of babel, carol activated the chateau, etc. every season has the villain accomplish all their goals until the very end when the protags make everything okay by singing. this season is doing the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

So is the canon ship now Chris x Maria or still Tsubasa x Maria? Or the forbidden Chris x Maria x Tsubasa?

Yes.