Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, give Poe a special one and paint it black.
I see an X-Wing and I want to paint it blaa-aack...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Obi-Wan show takes place eight years after Revenge of the Sith.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Here are some stills from the Episode IX sizzle reel shown at D23.

Edit:

Gonz fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 24, 2019

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

"Hey we introduced these three new characters, maybe we should, I dunno, have them go on an adventure together? How many more movies do we got of this so we can really maximize their relationships and have a nice arc? ... Oh, this is the last one? ... Well, gently caress."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Legitimately can’t remember if Rey and Poe have ever spoken to each other

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

El Burbo posted:

Legitimately can’t remember if Rey and Poe have ever spoken to each other

Literally the last scene of TLJ

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Watching ESB and something about it has always bothered me. If Admiral Ozzell hosed up by dropping out of lightspeed too close because he felt that surprise was essential, how did that alert the rebels to the attack more than dropping out further away and approaching at sublight speed?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Something something hyperspace signatures.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1165314313789165568
What lol

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Flavius Aetass posted:

Watching ESB and something about it has always bothered me. If Admiral Ozzell hosed up by dropping out of lightspeed too close because he felt that surprise was essential, how did that alert the rebels to the attack more than dropping out further away and approaching at sublight speed?

When you're in hyperspace you're basically non-existent in terms of being tracked (except for how they were tracking the resistance in Last Jedi which was a huge deal in the movie itself). So Ozzel wanted to pop up right in front of them and catch them off guard. The difference was that the rebel's new in advance this was happening because between Luke/Han they realized the probe droid almost certainly already broadcasted their location to the empire. IIRC they learn that and are already assuming it's time to prep for leaving before the empire gets there.

That other guy instead of saying Ozzell was going for surprise could have just been like "Ozzell had a great plan but the rebels spotted our droid" so in a roundabout way he threw Ozzell under the bus. :lol:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

LMAO of course

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Who the gently caress knows anymore.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That sounds dope. You guys will LMAO of course literally anything that isn't PT levels of wtf or stupid.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, per Disney and Entertainment Weekly, the D23 sizzle reel will drop on Monday for the public.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165314577115934720

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Evil Rey is likely a Palpatine induced hallucination to show her how dope she would be in black.

I mean who knows but that’s what I think.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Evil Rey is likely a Palpatine induced hallucination to show her how dope she would be in black.

I mean who knows but that’s what I think.

I think this is probably correct, too.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I love me some Senate in this here Star Wars.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
When I heard the name of the new movie is The Rise of the Skywalker I muttered to myself, without thinking, "they should loving kill themselves"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

That sounds dope. You guys will LMAO of course literally anything that isn't PT levels of wtf or stupid.

The double sided lightsaber is straight out of the PT tho...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That poster is missing something...

Oh good, they fixed it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
There's no way they'll make Rey evil, but her saber staff sounds awesome. This sizzle reel sounds great.

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh good, they fixed it

Lol

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh good, they fixed it

Such an obvious joke, still so funny.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Captain Splendid posted:

I know these characters are underwhelming, but they weren't a broom and a small child, c'mon now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Captain Splendid posted:

There were like six of them, so you may want to be more specific

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dominicknero/status/1116813447143088130

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lol

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Star Wars: But It's Just Three Hours of Ian McDiarmid Laughing

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gonz posted:

Who the gently caress knows anymore.

No one is going to remark that this tosser compares the saber toss with "calling it back like Thor"? What a wanker

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Star Wars: But It's Just Three Hours of Ian McDiarmid Laughing

When does ticket pre-order begins?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If this is what it takes for me to see Rey finally wield a double-blade lightsaber, so be it. I still would've preferred a saber staff though, to be different at least.

[edit] Also, this is very obviously a force vision or some poo poo. But if Rey is like, still a good person but wears black robes and uses a red double-bladed saber, I'm down I guess.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 24, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Sith Rey would be dumb as poo poo but giving Rey a double saber has been two movies coming considering her staff and poo poo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lol if The Rise of Skywalker involves a Heel-Face turn with Rey and Ben.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If other impressions from the room are accurate, it's not even really in the maul style though. Supposedly it's a lightsaber tuning fork

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

No Mods No Masters posted:

If other impressions from the room are accurate, it's not even really in the maul style though. Supposedly it's a lightsaber tuning fork

I'd say this is dumb as hell, but there are many dumber lightsabers in the EU than that.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

poo poo, the folks at gillette started making star wars movies

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hate to keep harping on this, but it also seems clear evidence that george lucas would have been owed 25% of any darth maul style lightsaber toy

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

McCloud posted:

No one is going to remark that this tosser compares the saber toss with "calling it back like Thor"? What a wanker

As the Struggle Session guys put it at the end of their Last Jedi commentary, "these aren't Star Wars movies, they're Marvel movies" with Star Wars paraphernalia strewn about for toy purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Flavius Aetass posted:

poo poo, the folks at gillette started making star wars movies

Gillette is bush league. My Barbasol has six blades plus a trimmer on the back. I dream of the day when the same can be said of a Jedi’s elegant weapon.