Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

You know since my last post it occurred me... there are literally NO BAD RESULTS left for this TI. Either OG win again (MEGA YAY), Fy gets an Aegis (yay) or Liquid completes one of, if not THE, most impressive LB runs in TI history (perty kewl).

These are all good story lines. Now we just need good dota. Or any dota. START THE loving GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

thank you

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ravus posted:

You know since my last post it occurred me... there is literally NO BAD RESULT left for this TI. Either OG win again (MEGA YAY), Fy gets an Aegis (yay) or Liquid completes one of, if not THE, most impressive LB run in TI history (perty kewl).

These are all good story lines. Now we just need good dota. Or any dota. START THE loving GAME.

TOTES DOTES FOR THE GOATES

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Thank you redeye for your point about the home crowd and their reactions. Always been a sensible man

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Ravus posted:

You know since my last post it occurred me... there is literally NO BAD RESULT left for this TI. Either OG win again (MEGA YAY), Fy gets an Aegis (yay) or Liquid completes one of, if not THE, most impressive LB run in TI history (perty kewl).

This is how I feel too. There's no result I'd be sad about so I'm just excited for it to loving start

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lb finals should be starting soon, according to arteezy he just needs a few more minutes to farm and then he'll leave the booth

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Commentary desk just whipping some people in this thread

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Professor Latency posted:

How's the audio quality for casters been in client? That's always been the one thing keeping me from doing it

They had some clipping issues in the first day of the group stage but it's been pretty good since. Spotty caster audio because no one cares about the client stream still one of the biggest drawbacks of watching tournament dotes in the client, along with missing the additional overlays and any multiple camera cuts some tournaments do. The client also has extremely lovely commentator audio processing if you change the playback speed, but that's not very relevant for live matches.

On the plus side: I get to watch in my nice ultrawide aspect, at native resolution, with no compression, I can get tooltips for abilities that I don't remember, and I can mute the loving chat wheel spam.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

little munchkin posted:

lb finals should be starting soon, according to arteezy he just needs a few more minutes to farm and then he'll leave the booth

... this joke went from funny, to zzz, and now it's back to funny again cus I laughed like a bitch at this post. :eng99:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still have no idea who Katie Kate is, I had never heard of her before she performed at TI, and this is the first time I've seen her mentioned since then.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

We have a draft

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

PICKS. AND. BANS. Bring tha dotas.

edit: lul alch ban. FOOL ME TWICE ETC

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Bahaha first ban Alch, second ban Chen. I think OG may have hurt LGD deeeep inside.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

You know since my last post it occurred me... there are literally NO BAD RESULTS left for this TI. Either OG win again (MEGA YAY), Fy gets an Aegis (yay) or Liquid completes one of, if not THE, most impressive LB runs in TI history (perty kewl).

Liquid already has the most impressive lower bracket run in history. No team has ever finished as high as they will when starting from the lower bracket.

But also everything you said is still true

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

imo tiny is the best initiator in the hero pool atm

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

Bahaha first ban Alch, second ban Chen. I think OG may have hurt LGD deeeep inside.

Like I was saying earlier, Liquid can also play those two heroes super well and LGD doesn't play them at all. Chen doesn't need to be paired with Alch to be effective.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

imo liquid have already won the draft

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

They had some clipping issues in the first day of the group stage but it's been pretty good since. Spotty caster audio because no one cares about the client stream still one of the biggest drawbacks of watching tournament dotes in the client, along with missing the additional overlays and any multiple camera cuts some tournaments do. The client also has extremely lovely commentator audio processing if you change the playback speed, but that's not very relevant for live matches.

On the plus side: I get to watch in my nice ultrawide aspect, at native resolution, with no compression, I can get tooltips for abilities that I don't remember, and I can mute the loving chat wheel spam.

It really loving sucks that in-game is broken right now.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Banned Tide as well, Liquid drafting well, strong picks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if LGD will still ban Io and if Liquid will pick it for GH if they don't

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Lgd picks their supports first phase. Liquid get both cores.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

TOOT BOOT posted:

I still have no idea who Katie Kate is, I had never heard of her before she performed at TI, and this is the first time I've seen her mentioned since then.

She was a local Seattle musician, who had a pretty good vibe imo but she wasn't for everybody by any definition. but she was hired to be the opener for loving Darude for a bunch of dota geeks after TI4's early GG ending. It's a production misstep meme, kind of like them shoving 2GD and sheever into being hosts together for that same day; both were fine but they didn't really work together.

e: fy Rubick :fap:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if LGD will still ban Io and if Liquid will pick it for GH if they don't

Liquid run support IO really well, but I only have love for core io so I hope they don't pick it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Lgd can still go gyro io

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

like tiny fills so many roles right now its incredible

can solo gank anyone early game, provides incredible movement tossing cores into battle, denying escapes, stuns, can siege towers super quick, and lategame tree toss is a murder skill

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

Yeah if Valve still put a lot of effort into this game they'd integrate all the cool stream stuff right into the client - multi-cam views, custom overlays, etc. And of course the loving awful caster audio which is hilariously bad after 9 years.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

BioThermo posted:

She was a local Seattle musician, who had a pretty good vibe imo but she wasn't for everybody by any definition. but she was hired to be the opener for loving Darude for a bunch of dota geeks after TI4's early GG ending. It's a production misstep meme, kind of like them shoving 2GD and sheever into being hosts together for that same day; both were fine but they didn't really work together.

That ending makes me sad to this day. TI4 was over before I even got fully erect!

BioThermo posted:

e: fy Rubick :fap:

Which won't be a problem today :fap:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Professor Latency posted:

It really loving sucks that in-game is broken right now.

Game is live in client too, first game under watch -> live.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Taffer posted:

Yeah if Valve still put a lot of effort into this game they'd integrate all the cool stream stuff right into the client - multi-cam views, custom overlays, etc. And of course the loving awful caster audio which is hilariously bad after 9 years.

valve? effort?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

like tiny fills so many roles right now its incredible

can solo gank anyone early game, provides incredible movement tossing cores into battle, denying escapes, stuns, can siege towers super quick, and lategame tree toss is a murder skill

Tiny does too much, he's facing some perty big nerfs. But I've loved watching him this TI, outside of player-specific heroes (ana, Chris Luck's slark) he's been the most entertaining pick. Everyone can make fun as gently caress plays on the tiny!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reality Sinner posted:

Lgd can still go gyro io

LGD hasn't run Io a single time this tournament, it wouldn't shock me if they don't play it. I know it's a meme that Chinese teams don't/can't play wisp but honestly it's seemed to hold true this TI

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

That Darude set was some deep cuts I loved it

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Do LGD have a save for Chrono yet?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

omg tinker

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pick SD Liquid

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
BOOOOO LIQUID BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lgd could still pick io

Lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lmao tinker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Liquid;s draft just went into hyper drive, this is going to be gooood.