Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kortel posted:

TI8 was more entertaining. These last two games were just kind of.. boring?

Uhh.... did you watch the same games as us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

EG made the exact same run at ti-5. Won the finals 3-1 as well.

But OG has won TI twice...so...

EG won from lower bracket

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
YOUR TI9 BACK-TO-BACK CHAMPIONS ARE OG!!!

Ana, Topson, Ceb, Jerax, and Notail have now cemented themselves as not only the greatest dota 2 team at this moment, but are the greatest dota 2 team to ever live. Two TIs! Back to back!!!! This is actually incredible

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I feel like what I learned tonight is the game is super loving swingy with gold leads. Game 1 and 4 turned on a dime and one of the LGD games did, too. See everyone next time, barring a global catastrophe happening. But hey at least OG can afford a huge underground shelter if it does.

This is still way, way cooler than if EG had won.

Game 4 was literally just a timer waiting for Io aghs + 15. Liquid had to win before that or have such a big lead it didnt matter.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Andrast posted:

notail is now officially the most succesful esports player of all time

he loving deserves it, what a god

yes. it was the most perfect game of dota ever played

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
OG is the best Dota team of all time

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vando posted:

they still have the full stack of papers

All the papers just say "Win Ti9"

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Sampatrick posted:

EG won from lower bracket

you're right sorry

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kortel posted:

TI8 was more entertaining. These last two games were just kind of.. boring?

:wrong:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

So is this the most dominant TI win by a team? Like Wings were great and Alliance was as well until the finals but OG just seemed on another level the whole way through.

Liquid ti7 still the only final to go 3-0.

But OG could easily have done it this time but for that massive miscalculation on buybacks.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

Newbee was probably more dominant, but was loving boring to watch.

VG was much better than Newbee in general, Newbee won specifically because they had the strat that beat VG's deathball

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Newbee almost got knocked out in groups, this was way more dominant

the last team to take top spot in their group, upper bracket finals and grand finals was Alliance

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
guys I woke up and io was fountain diving ti finals is this real?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The exact same roster. And I really feel like everyone contributes at a crazy level. Just incredible.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheRat posted:

Game 4 was literally just a timer waiting for Io aghs + 15. Liquid had to win before that or have such a big lead it didnt matter.

How many times was Io used on the main stage?

It felt like the entire thread was having a different feeling about than I did, but I didn’t watch group stage this year.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Liquid ti7 still the only final to go 3-0.

But OG could easily have done it this time but for that massive miscalculation on buybacks.

they needed something to fuel their power

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

So is this the most dominant TI win by a team? Like Wings were great and Alliance was as well until the finals but OG just seemed on another level the whole way through.

As someone who was at almost every game at TI4 no one will ever be as dominant as Newbee

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TheRat posted:

Like every othertime they played it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

VG was much better than Newbee in general, Newbee won specifically because they had the strat that beat VG's deathball

Yeah I meant the grand finals specifically. It was a really boring, but totally unstoppable deathball.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I feel for kuro trying to draft against OG when one of his cores has a hero pool of 2.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Instead of the Aegis, it should be Dendi sitting on the throne for the entire Tourney and if you win you get to take him home for the year and just hang out with him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

It felt like the entire thread was having a different feeling about than I did, but I didn’t watch group stage this year.

OG only got to use it twice on the main stage (against newbee and in this game) because it was banned all the time

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
If you're gonna have the GF be a one sided stomp this is the way to do it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

TheRat posted:

Yeah I meant the grand finals specifically. It was a really boring, but totally unstoppable deathball.

:wrong:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

Oh then yeah that's totally reasonable

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Its Rinaldo posted:

guys I woke up and io was fountain diving ti finals is this real?

Its real

And it's amazing

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

All the papers just say "Win Ti9"

All the papers just said run at the enemy and poo poo talk them win or lose. Any hero every hero.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

OG only got to use it twice on the main stage (against newbee and in this game) because it was banned all the time

Secret used it and won the game, also I think Liquid, but they lost that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

Three times before today, I think. Maybe four if Liquid used it as a support. Also that second part of your post provides important context to your confusion.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Andrast posted:

notail is now officially the most succesful esports player of all time

Standings before today:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

You liked TI4 grand finals? Yikes

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Io is going to get murdered in the post ti patch

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
i love this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I assume he was talking about the newbee win which in that case is accurate except the more dominant part. Newbee lost a game without it being a fluke.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

parabolic posted:

The exact same roster. And I really feel like everyone contributes at a crazy level. Just incredible.

:sun:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Carry io was used three times and only lost once by Secret. It went undefeated in groups used by OG. You are definitely 100% wrong. It is most definitely the best hero in the game at this moment.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

TheRat posted:

that was an artifact of a flawed patch that one team broke - playing the exact same thing every game. IMO showing huge breadth of strategy proves OG is by far the best and more dominant

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Craptacular! posted:

Go back and watch all the OG games from group stage, come back to thread at ok gg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
this was 100% worth watching almost 12 hours of a stream for. seeing n0tail happy makes me happy :unsmith: