Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

It's nice to see ana smile :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah OG has a 100% win rate with core Io this tourney

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

MelancholyMark posted:

As someone who was at almost every game at TI4 no one will ever be as dominant as Newbee

Yeah everyone forgets Newbee because the format meant they only played 3 series on the main stage, and two of those were on the same day at the start of the week.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This reminds me when Wings won TI. Almost the same feel.

OG chant now as well in the arena

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BioThermo posted:

Standings before today:

My man Universe hanging on to the top 10 but probably not after today :(

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Carry io was used three times and only lost once by Secret. It went undefeated in groups used by OG. You are definitely 100% wrong. It is most definitely the best hero in the game at this moment.

Given that only Secret and OG played it at all. Secret went 1-1 using it and OG 1-0. They bodied with it in groups though. EG were the first autoban it vs them iirc.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

And now Ana must hibernate before the next ti

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how do I make this avatar sized

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think they had to first round the Meepo. It would have be rough, but it would have been a counter. I really don't think they had anything else worked out.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Taffer posted:

that was an artifact of a flawed patch that one team broke - playing the exact same thing every game. IMO showing huge breadth of strategy proves OG is by far the best and more dominant

That isn't really why Newbee won per se. They didn't break the patch, they broke the VG strategy and VG just didn't have any other strategies prepared because they were so confident in their deathball.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"They had a mediocre year, still ended up winning TI" lmao

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
n0tail won four majors as a core and two TIs as a support.

Might not mechanically be the best, but to win across two roles, then win two TIs as captain, has to be the DOTA GOAT.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

there wasn't really a big moment in this grand finals, just 20-30 minute long highlight reels

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

OG have broken THREE streaks, West vs East turns in TI8, no second-time winners and (gets overlooked but wouldn't be if we had 2 time winners before) two BACK TO BACK wins. That's just insane.

And this time the looked like the best team there at every step. (Though it was close to call in groups)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why were the crowd bracelets glowing yellow when the ti color is purple

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TheRat posted:

"They had a mediocre year, still ended up winning TI" lmao

:hmmyes:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Majestic posted:

n0tail won four majors as a core and two TIs as a support.

Might not mechanically be the best, but to win across two roles, then win two TIs as captain, has to be the DOTA GOAT.

n0tail is a phenomenal player mechanically

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Pee

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Yeah n0tail was the original meepo god

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

that was loving awesome, OG is loving awesome. It's insane how they don't just play super good dota but they completely change the way the game is played - they pull out weird rear end strats and playstyles that nobody else is prepared for, and their breadth and depth of heroes and strategies makes them uncounterable.

anyway i'm insanely tired so i'm gonna sleep, thanks for party posting for OG everybody :yaycloud:

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
now where's my roster shuffle drama

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

kaci is pure, the flower boys confirmed best of all time, all is right with the world

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

They're much cheaper LEDs.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm glad the most fun team won

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Remember when people were calling notail washed up back when he was playing a core

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TheRat posted:

Yeah n0tail was the original meepo god

I remember n0tail meepo stacking every camp perfectly

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

Sampatrick posted:

When I say "might not be the best" I mean "might not literally be the #1 player in the world based on raw mechanics", not "is not good".

I wouldn't say he's more impressive mechanically then Ana for instance, but the ability to play at the highest level across multiple roles has no real equivalent in the game.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I wonder how LGD would have done against OG in the grand finals if they made it through.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
remember the keys to OG's win:
-have fun
-surround yourselves with friends and people you love
-take big holidays
-be some of the most mechanically gifted players of all time

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

uh oh pancho! posted:

there wasn't really a big moment in this grand finals, just 20-30 minute long highlight reels

In Ti8 you had that incredible Ceb Axe call, and I believe there was an amazing Jerax Echoslam as well, but I forget if that was GF.

What's so cool about this entire Ti9 is that OG didn't just win the games, they basically broke DOTA2. Io carry, diffusal Gyro, fountain dives all that nonsense. OG isn't even playing the same game as the rest of the teams.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jen X posted:

I'm glad the most fun team won

Yeah skill and teamwork aside, no other team shows up to TI and goes "you know what, let's do something entirely new and untested (I bet it was actually tested)."

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

yeah his original fame was because of what a micro god he was. Meepo, visage, chen, even an old-time staple of the notail-fly days of microing the summons of other players on his team while still playing his own hero. The dude is incredibly good mechanically and technically, in addition to being the undeniably top-tier captain.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TheRat posted:

Game 4 was literally just a timer waiting for Io aghs + 15. Liquid had to win before that or have such a big lead it didnt matter.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/1163723301170176000

this video was a summary

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ElNarez posted:

-have fun
-take big holidays

im 3/4 of the way there

just gotta start playing dota

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Frankfurt Major
Manila Major

Boston Major
Kiev Major

TI8

And now TI9

The best team in Dota 2 history. Hands down.

Increíble

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ElNarez posted:

-have fun
-take big holidays
-adderal

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Dota really is the best Esport

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Original_Z posted:

I wonder how LGD would have done against OG in the grand finals if they made it through.

loving shadowfiend

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Original_Z posted:

I don't think they'd do much better. In their last set OG threw a big lead then clowned them twice. OG were simply just the best team there this time and it wasn't that close. Which makes TI 8 finals still the best ever! But watching OG highlight reel Liquid was fun too :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Ana is the biggest chad in esports. Fucks about all year, comes back for the biggest tournament, yolo plays a fuckin IO carry cause he wants to, proceeds to destroy any other teams chances of out drafting OG and lifts the aegis.