Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

High Lord Elbow posted:

Gillette is bush league. My Barbasol has six blades plus a trimmer on the back. I dream of the day when the same can be said of a Jedi’s elegant weapon.

Star Wars '77, only instead of being a genuine surviving Jedi, Obiwan is a hipster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The 'evil Rey' thing is such an obvious dream thing that they would put in the sizzle reel. Considering they could have gone that route in TLJ and didn't, because we wouldn't want to make her character actually interesting

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ruddiger posted:

The double sided lightsaber is straight out of the PT tho...

Technically it's straight out of the EU :smug:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It’s kinda funny that every trilogy ends with Sheev chewing an increasing amount of scenery

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so where are all those people who were like 'no palpatine isn't back disney wouldn't be that stupid'

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

so where are all those people who were like 'no palpatine isn't back disney wouldn't be that stupid'

They joined Greedo inside the butthole

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They’ve unanimously decided that this is good, actually, and cool, and what did you snobs expect, again? and movies are just supposed to be fun

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

FlamingLiberal posted:

The 'evil Rey' thing is such an obvious dream thing that they would put in the sizzle reel. Considering they could have gone that route in TLJ and didn't, because we wouldn't want to make her character actually interesting

I still think it’s such a missed opportunity they didn’t have Rey join with Kylo in TLJ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'd say this is dumb as hell, but there are many dumber lightsabers in the EU than that.

Are they both red though or will they go the galaxy brain route and have one be red and one be blue, leaving grey scorches in their wake.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'd say this is dumb as hell, but there are many dumber lightsabers in the EU than that.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

Are they both red though or will they go the galaxy brain route and have one be red and one be blue, leaving grey scorches in their wake.

The only way they could make it worse is if they suited Rey up in...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’d take this over the Knights of Ren’s cricket paddles and whatnot.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I’d take this over the Knights of Ren’s cricket paddles and whatnot.

True, it has a kind of quiet dignity compared to the bullshit that JJ&Co came up with for Ep IX.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

High Lord Elbow posted:

Gillette is bush league. My Barbasol has six blades plus a trimmer on the back. I dream of the day when the same can be said of a Jedi’s elegant weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAZnGeBcgg

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Mike N Eich posted:

I still think it’s such a missed opportunity they didn’t have Rey join with Kylo in TLJ

Well, the ‘good’ news is that Episode 8’s been effectively retconned out of existence. What do you miss from skipping it, besides Luke dying?

It’s even been revealed that the Snoke hologram was Sheev all along.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well, the ‘good’ news is that Episode 8’s been effectively retconned out of existence. What do you miss from skipping it, besides Luke dying?

It’s even been revealed that the Snoke hologram was Sheev all along.

Porg, idiot.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I have a bad feeling about this.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Darth TNT posted:

so new lego sets have leaked which include sets for rise of the Skywalker

In case anyone was worried we wouldn't be getting a sandbarge fight. You can put those worries to rest now

Next time throw the drat pictures on imgur and post them. Cause they might get taken down like this poo poo.

El Burbo posted:

Clearly giving the Falcon a new dish was too radical, so it's back to being a circle

I forget, did the rectangular one get knocked off when Chewie and Rey were flying the porgs through all those caves and poo poo on salt planet? There were a few tight fits iirc.

The Cameo posted:

"Hey we introduced these three new characters, maybe we should, I dunno, have them go on an adventure together? How many more movies do we got of this so we can really maximize their relationships and have a nice arc? ... Oh, this is the last one? ... Well, gently caress."

that's what I've been saying, man... they should just audible during post and make this thing a quadrilogy, so we won't have to have Palpatine possession bullshit be literal ending to the Skywalker story, leaving a sour taste in our mouths for like... forever...

Flavius Aetass posted:

Watching ESB and something about it has always bothered me. If Admiral Ozzell hosed up by dropping out of lightspeed too close because he felt that surprise was essential, how did that alert the rebels to the attack more than dropping out further away and approaching at sublight speed?

I read it as they were planning on knocking out the shield generator from a long distance away (out of sensor range) followed by a massive orbital bombardment. Instead, he got too close to Hoth and the Rebels freaked and immediately put the shield up, forcing a potential costly ground invasion. Well, that was Vader's assumption, anyway.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Payndz posted:

So after looking at all those, one thought comes to me...

"Why do the shuttles need such huge gently caress-off wings when everything in the Star Wars universe can hover?"

usually wings in starwars/sci fi get explained as being essentially heatsinks, or places to put the repulsorlifts

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

People are saying that the video shown at that con confirms a bunch of leaks that got posted, including this ending stuff:

Its more like tearing up space but that stuff doesn't show up until the end of the movie during the final fight between Rey and Kylo Ren and its mostly happening because of Palpatine's spirit. Rey manages to hack Palpatine's power to do what he does like how she hacked into Kylo Ren in the first movie. She's like a sponge. The characters clash on the ruins of the Death Star but every time their lightsabers touch it sends them to a different moment in history on a different planet, like how Rey got swooped into those realistic visions in Force Awakens when she touched Luke's lightsaber. The end result is a "happy ending".

Kylo Ren and Rey clash for the last time. During the clash they keep shifting through time. Palpatine is becoming more powerful but so is Rey. Rey with the help of a struggling Kylo Ren is able to subdue Palpatine by creating a tear in the Force sucking him and Kylo in a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But Rey refuses to let him die so she uses her newfound ability to alter space and time to change destroy Palpatine's spirit itself which causes countless of moments and planets to flash before Rey and the film ends with a narration telling the story of Luke which clips showing where the characters are now in some kind of epilogue. Showing Finn living on his homeplanet with his family, Leia and Han holding each other while looking over a balcony, Luke looking over the horizon and looks back to see a large cone-shaped building behind him and Rey is on Tatooine at Luke's old home walking towards the double sunset and looks at it the same way Luke did. She's then joined by Kylo Ren who puts his arm around her shoulder and the film irises out

lol

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 25, 2019

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wait so she alters time and creates a new reality? This keeps getting crazier.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

People are saying that the video shown at that con confirms a bunch of leaks that got posted, including this ending stuff:

lol
Ah, it sounds like they're Mass Effecting their trilogy.

Not with the same story, but with an ending that makes everything that led up to it utterly pointless. Bioware set up that series telling you "the choices you make for your characters matter" and ended it with "actually it doesn't' with an ending that ignored every theme and plot they'd developed in not just the previous two games, but right up to the very ending of the third.

Mass Effects ending was so offensively thought out and incongruous to everything they'd set up, that I regretted every minute I ever put into it. It made me retroactively hate the whole series.

This ending for IX would do the same for me with the sequel trilogy and possibly all Disney movies and shows. I can live there rest of my days believing there were only six Star Wars movies and a Clone Wars tv show.

In Disney terms, I'd change from a guaranteed Disney Plus subscription for The Mandalorian alone to a non subscriber.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
lmao no way are they gonna retcon the whole ST.

Kanine posted:

usually wings in starwars/sci fi get explained as being essentially heatsinks, or places to put the repulsorlifts

They've been technologically stagnant for thousands of years so you'd think they could put features on ships just because it looks cool.

Some manufacturer calls up the Empire, "hey we built this shuttle that folds out its wings into this badass triangle shape, check it out!"

Empire: "Fucken SOLD we'll take 50000"

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kingtheninja posted:

Wait so she alters time and creates a new reality? This keeps getting crazier.

RLM is right?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I dug around a bit and it looks like he might've posted a screencap image of a Mountain Trooper from the con footage a month ago. The image itself doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the net. Guess we'll know whenever we see that footage!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
All this time travel explains why they had spaceships and poo poo "a long time ago".

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Palpatine is Thanos I guess, you heard it here first

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Its more like tearing up space but that stuff doesn't show up until the end of the movie during the final fight between Rey and Kylo Ren and its mostly happening because of Palpatine's spirit. Rey manages to hack Palpatine's power to do what he does like how she hacked into Kylo Ren in the first movie. She's like a sponge. The characters clash on the ruins of the Death Star but every time their lightsabers touch it sends them to a different moment in history on a different planet, like how Rey got swooped into those realistic visions in Force Awakens when she touched Luke's lightsaber. The end result is a "happy ending".

Kylo Ren and Rey clash for the last time. During the clash they keep shifting through time. Palpatine is becoming more powerful but so is Rey. Rey with the help of a struggling Kylo Ren is able to subdue Palpatine by creating a tear in the Force sucking him and Kylo in a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But Rey refuses to let him die so she uses her newfound ability to alter space and time to change destroy Palpatine's spirit itself which causes countless of moments and planets to flash before Rey and the film ends with a narration telling the story of Luke which clips showing where the characters are now in some kind of epilogue. Showing Finn living on his homeplanet with his family, Leia and Han holding each other while looking over a balcony, Luke looking over the horizon and looks back to see a large cone-shaped building behind him and Rey is on Tatooine at Luke's old home walking towards the double sunset and looks at it the same way Luke did. She's then joined by Kylo Ren who puts his arm around her shoulder and the film irises out

lol

They can't come up with an ending so they just erase the whiteboard and play the end credits.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

This is the SW version of shark riding dudes in aquaman, it will increase box office by 50 millions. DO IT

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

lol

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

lol

If there a George Lucas laughing hysterically gif to express my feeling of this plot?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

lol

Uhh...

:sigh:

Please be wrong.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
If there's a narrated epilogue can't it please just be: "They died." ?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Perfect, now everyone will have to admit The Last Jedi was a good movie

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Captain Splendid posted:

If there's a narrated epilogue can't it please just be: "They died." ?

Jar Jar narrates.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Rocks falling could work here. Just make sure every last sequel character is in the same place and they'd have a clean slate going forward.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Everything I heard about the footage literally contradicts or the spoilers neglct some of the imagery so whatever.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
So the reason why the Emperor looks so odd and plastic on the poster is because it's actually just a picture of a toy:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

lol

Isn't this the last part of the Lavos battle from Chrono Trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Isn't this the last part of the Lavos battle from Chrono Trigger?