Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

So is the canon ship now Chris x Maria or still Tsubasa x Maria? Or the forbidden Chris x Maria x Tsubasa?

It's still Tsubasa and Maria, but Chris did unison with Maria last season so they are at least friends with benefits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

chumbler posted:

So is the canon ship now Chris x Maria or still Tsubasa x Maria? Or the forbidden Chris x Maria x Tsubasa?

I wouldn't ship chris with boring characters like tsubasa and maria

in fact don't ship her at all

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 25, 2019

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

i mean this is how every symphogear season goes, you mentioned ver and dunked on or undunked on he still accomplished every single goal he had, the protagonists just went 'lol no' and beat up nephilim and then miku threw the cane of solomon 1000000 yards into the air. fine activated the tower of babel, carol activated the chateau, etc. every season has the villain accomplish all their goals until the very end when the protags make everything okay by singing. this season is doing the same thing

Yeah the gears have a literally 0% success record on derailing their antagonists' plans until pretty much the final step in every single season. Even in cases where the protagonists outright destroy the only method the villain should have for accomplishing their plans(like the relic in the undersea vault in GX), the villains get to bullshit up an alternative that keeps their plans on track.

It's a universe where "pulling miracles out of your rear end" is a universal trait for both bad and good guys.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maria may be over the moon for Tsubasa, but Chris is the one Tsubasa still has regular dinner dates with and goes with for awkward reunions with old friends.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope Shemha makes Hibiki cry next episode. I want to see Maximum Bullying, bring ALL the knives out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Endorph posted:

i mean this is how every symphogear season goes, you mentioned ver and dunked on or undunked on he still accomplished every single goal he had, the protagonists just went 'lol no' and beat up nephilim and then miku threw the cane of solomon 1000000 yards into the air. fine activated the tower of babel, carol activated the chateau, etc. every season has the villain accomplish all their goals until the very end when the protags make everything okay by singing. this season is doing the same thing

It sucks that after this long our heroes are nothing but a reactive force (the same could be said of all heroes). It felt very neat and refreshing when they decided they were going to track down noble red this season and what do you know they unlocked amalgam based on that decision. That also gave us a moment of feeling like Hibiki was reaching the evil group faster than she did before since the other times she ended up failing but even that moment where I thought it'd start paying off where Vanessa told Millaarc to waste that dude was part of Fudo's plan.

edit: this is all on me getting excited about carol coming back and thinking that'd throw a wrench into things

Lessail fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 25, 2019

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

You know, I'm actually curious what Fudo's overall plan is here. I don't understand at this juncture how he's planning to control what he's unleashed to serve his purpose of "protecting" Japan. He doesn't seem to be a secret alchemist or wizard or something or otherwise he wouldn't need to have hired the losers from Noble Red to do the alchemy stuff.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Spiritus Nox posted:

There's still five more episodes of this

I loving know :swoon:

weird that fudou thinks he can beat the god-killer by becoming a god, but I want to see where he goes with this. And why he has eyes like that.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Billzasilver posted:

I loving know :swoon:

weird that fudou thinks he can beat the god-killer by becoming a god, but I want to see where he goes with this. And why he has eyes like that.

:bahgawd:: I will become the very thing she kills in order to beat her. She will never expect it, the perfect plan.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

You know, I'm actually curious what Fudo's overall plan is here. I don't understand at this juncture how he's planning to control what he's unleashed to serve his purpose of "protecting" Japan. He doesn't seem to be a secret alchemist or wizard or something or otherwise he wouldn't need to have hired the losers from Noble Red to do the alchemy stuff.

I would assume Tsubasa has to factor in somewhere, but I sure can't figure out how

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I would assume Tsubasa has to factor in somewhere, but I sure can't figure out how

Not ruling out that her creepy dad is going to try bodyjacking her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Not ruling out that her creepy dad is going to try bodyjacking her.

...You know, I hadn't given that possibility that much thought, but the series *has* kind of established that the female form is supposed to be The Pinnacle Of Humanity in some way, particularly with the Illuminati in AXZ, so I suppose Grandpa Dad wanting Tsubasa's body in some attempt to get closer to the divine is probably more likely than I had been giving it credit for...

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 25, 2019

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I figured he was just going to have her murder Miku

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Yeah the millarc eye thing has to come in to play eventually. At first I thought she was going to eye possess every symphogear, but then she kept losing fights :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao, the post-episode preview

https://twitter.com/miyuki708/status/1165324445369565184

"Hey it's me, Shem-Ha! Man, being back in the world sure is great! At least I thought so, but suddenly I'm surrounded by weirdos and in big trouble! Next on Symphogear XV: Instead of Heiki Hecchara it's ***CHA-LA! Don't miss it!"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
what in the

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shem-Ha is a good girl

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shem-Ha is a good girl

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hibiki should fulfill Fine's mission IMO

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Endorph posted:

Instead of Heiki Hecchara it's ***CHA-LA!

Egao urutora zetto de

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/max_tevo/status/1165947679064645632?s=21

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I don’t know how every single episode gets more gay than the last, but it keeps happening

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next episode preview is up and Grandpa's smile is infectious

https://www.symphogear-xv.com/next/XVnext09.php

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Next episode preview is up and Grandpa's smile is infectious

https://www.symphogear-xv.com/next/XVnext09.php

The picture shakes when you mouse over it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

The picture shakes when you mouse over it.

Every PV has had one like that!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
how can a preview video have a picture that shakes when you mouse over it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I can't wait for Hibiki to kill him with kindness

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Fudou is loving this poo poo

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man in hindsight the opening really gives the wrong impression about Noble Red doesn't it?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Justin_Brett posted:

Man in hindsight the opening really gives the wrong impression about Noble Red doesn't it?

They really cannot catch a break.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh look it's Noble Red again I wonder what they- HOLY poo poo

Those have to be the most brutal and unceremonious on-screen deaths in the series, right? Though maybe Vanessa isn't dead since she's mostly robot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drat, called it (mostly). Shem Ha may have some god bullshit to resurrect them somehow as servants or something though, who knows. Or maybe just everyone dies in symphogear XV.

Fudou izuna dropping Genjurou was good. Also there is a little bit after the credits, but it's just the moon activating.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 31, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That whole fight was great. My favorite part was Fudou's almost last words being how much he loved that sword.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really love how explicitly worst grandpa is coded with all the bad nationalist right wing tropes, down the loving gun he uses

He's like the Japanese version of Senator Armstrong. Well, the version of Senator Armstrong that would originate in-universe from Japan. You know what i mean!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Honestly though I really do hope this isn't the last we see of Noble Red, especially given there are 4 episodes left. It would be pretty cheap of them to build up some degree of attachment to the characters and then just say nope they were irrelevant pawns the entire time and end as such. I'm still a little annoyed at how the alchemist trio last season kinda went out without much fanfare. But again, 4 episodes left so this probably isn't too realistic a fear.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Symphogear is probably destined to be forever paced just slightly faster than I would like for it to be, but this ep was still a ton of fun. Pleasantly surprised at how the Bad Dad Saga's been handled so far. Also I don't think they'll matter again this season, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Noble Red survives that, especially with Divine Bullshit involved.

4 episodes left to cover like 1, maybe 1 and a half remaining major subplots. Hope we stick the landing in plenty of time for a nice epilogue and wedding

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo, rest in pieces, distintegrated wolf girl

She definitely did not deserve that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Squiddycat posted:

She definitely did not deserve that.

Well no she kind of did. They kind of all did.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

chumbler posted:

Honestly though I really do hope this isn't the last we see of Noble Red, especially given there are 4 episodes left. It would be pretty cheap of them to build up some degree of attachment to the characters and then just say nope they were irrelevant pawns the entire time and end as such. I'm still a little annoyed at how the alchemist trio last season kinda went out without much fanfare. But again, 4 episodes left so this probably isn't too realistic a fear.

:psyduck: The alchemist trio went out with a trio insert song with half of an episode dedicated to all of the heroines watching them singlehandedly stuff a nuclear missile strike and save all of their lives, followed by them being instrumental in helping beat the bad guy by giving Hibiki golden armor.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well no she kind of did. They kind of all did.

Yeah absolutely gently caress Noble Red super hard. They have a sad backstory but they're also mass-murdering monsters with no regrets(Vanessa chortling to Maria/Chris a couple episodes ago about how she doesn't care how many innocents die) who definitely deserve to be punished for what they've done. Let's not forget Millarc brutally impaling a child onscreen and laughing about it for the sole purpose of gutting Tsubasa emotionally! Wolf girl is the least openly guilty of the three but she's still enabling and abetting all of the poo poo they're doing.

Even Saint Germain from last season had the good grace to at least feel bad about all the people she had killed.

e: The funniest moment of the whole episode was the entire mind control thing getting shattered by Maria slapping Tsubasa across the face and basically saying "hey, cut that out". :allears:

Kanos fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Fudou greatly underestimated the power of being scolded by your mom