Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I need those socks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Crew-Socks-Delicate-loving/dp/B01HSL1LOW

lol

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/aLC9XxK.gifv

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
top lads

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Thanks for hanging out for two weeks my dudes. Now I have to turn up 3 hours late to a family BBQ :sun:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
ROSTER SHUFFLE TIMEEEE

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006

Robo Turnus posted:

im so glad the good guys won

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

ROSTER SHUFFLE TIMEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-sMJZTYf0

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Maybe some teams figure out trying to build a team where everyone trusts and likes each other is more important than just throwing the "best" players in one team.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Goodnight/morning goons. It's truly been a pleasure watching this crazy tournament with you.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man I'm going to be so lost for a while now. This was a fun tournament

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

OK Game 2 now, wow. What a stomp.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Went to sleep while LGD was huskaring Liquid into the ground (guess there was some mistakes involved), wake up to see OG running over Liquid with yet another io. That hero is going to eat some nerfs (given it's 7-0 I think as a carry) I think.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

lurksion posted:

Went to sleep while LGD was huskaring Liquid into the ground (guess there was some mistakes involved), wake up to see OG running over Liquid with yet another io. That hero is going to eat some nerfs (given it's 7-0 I think as a carry) I think.

Secret lost once with it, won once with it, OG won every game with it and had it banned out for half the event.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Is it too early to start predicting the patch?

Never!

-The talents that buff Alch's autoattacks before level 25 will probably be nerfed.
- Carry Io will get butchered
- Enchantress will get her armor buff reverted at least
- Radiance may see a nerf to its burn aura or there will be some other balancing between Radiance/Mjolnir/Battlefury (if they don't redo gold bounties again entirely)
- Solar crest will be made more expensive or the shine buff will lose some of its attack speed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The game secret lost with it, they had an awful comp with it

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

I think OG is stronger this year than last.

Last time around, they were playing on the knifes edge (especially ana) and had almost no breathing room their entire run, barely making it into the UB, and only the series vs VGJStorm being clean. There was no room for this stuff at all <CLIP OF OG TEAMKILLING>
And this turns out to be true.

Unlike last year, OG was not in any danger at any point in time. One of the most dominating performances in TI history.

I'd rank (defining dominance as "most likely to win their TI again")
1) TI6 Wings / TI9 OG tie (points down for Wing's group stage, points down for OG for legitimately losing a few serious games)
2) TI3 Alliance (actual danger of losing the finals)
3) TI5 EG (went LB from UB winners finals, but was dominant otherwise)
4) TI7 Liquid (dominant lower bracket run, but they ended up there early)
5) Going to lump everyone else in here (TI1 Navi, TI2 IG, TI4 Newbee, TI8 OG) - it's hard to assess TI1/TI2 given the large presence of BO1 in the bracket stage, and TI4 was just weird. TI8 OG was in actual danger multiple times.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Please eat something, Ana.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lurksion posted:

Unlike last year, OG was not in any danger at any point in time. One of the most dominating performances in TI history.

1) TI6 Wings / TI9 OG tie (points down for Wing's group stage, points down for OG for legitimately losing a few serious games)
5) Going to lump everyone else in here (TI1 Navi, TI2 IG, TI4 Newbee, TI8 OG) - it's hard to assess TI1/TI2 given the large presence of BO1 in the bracket stage, and TI4 was just weird. TI8 OG was in serious danger multiple times.

I gotta agree with this

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Kaiju15 posted:

Please eat something, Ana.

he doesnt have to hes on adderral

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Which player do you wish had the aegis?

Imo i will always be so sad that Burning never lifted it up 😭

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the gently caress did OG manage to do what they did in Game 2 (and to a lesser extent, Game 3). They made Liquid seem like a group of random pub players. It was loving amazing how OG just never stopped running at Liquid, and they did stuff like the "oh lifestealer tp'd mid to escape a gank, let's all go mid and kill him. no tp on him"-moment. Absolutely bonkers.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

EorayMel posted:

Remember when notail had to support EE's dumb rear end and go down with his ship no matter what

Remember when notail broke away from EE and formed his own team shortly after then eventually won TI and may do did so again

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Maybe Tiny gets a nerf? His win rate wasn't extraordinary but his abilities are so powerful in team fights that at times it didn't even matter if he was properly farmed, an AoE rolling stun and huge positioning ability will change any fight.

They need to fix sidegunner working in Chrono.

Lone Druid went 0-6 and Mars went 1-7. Venge went 0-5. Doubt that means an automatic buff, but I'd love to see more Venge buffs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Maybe my boy Clockwerk will get some buffs

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Which player do you wish had the aegis?

Imo i will always be so sad that Burning never lifted it up 😭

The DK choke at TI4 is probably the saddest individual failure, but I think the cumulative chokes of VP are worse. Solo even gave us the most enduring meme of the game!

but if fy retires without winning, then he's #1 in my heart.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lurksion posted:

5) Going to lump everyone else in here (TI1 Navi, TI2 IG, TI4 Newbee, TI8 OG) - it's hard to assess TI1/TI2 given the large presence of BO1 in the bracket stage, and TI4 was just weird. TI8 OG was in actual danger multiple times.

TI8 OG never played an elimination game until game 4 of the GF so I feel like you still have to slot them above EG and Liquid regardless of their "knife's edge"

I otherwise agree

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
HonTrash and Pupstars are now definitively the best players in Dota history and that is The MOst Dota thing.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

BioThermo posted:

but if fy retires without winning, then he's #1 in my heart.

Fy is my choice as well. I hope he lasts long enough to lift one, he sure as poo poo deserves it.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

lurksion posted:

I don't think ti5 eg is nearly that high, but not going to make a firm ranking decision cause I'll get zoomed for it in 2 years.

e: Actually I'm mixing up half of ti4 eg games, nevermind.

gangnam reference fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 25, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ravus posted:

All this time jerking off ... OG ...

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

:fap:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Either way I'm more satisfied/happy with this TI than I am upset and I'm glad I at least live watched that one Liquid vs TNC game with the Tiny happy wheels sword throw at its finest while groundbreaking dota 2 history was made in the grand finals

In the end

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I expect hope that the CD on Tiny's aghs gets nerfed, otherwise I am mostly okay with letting him be as is.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Xarn posted:

I expect hope that the CD on Tiny's aghs gets nerfed, otherwise I am mostly okay with letting him be as is.

I'm sure it will be

I love it existing, personally, it makes tiny even more fun than he already is, but it absolutely needs a cooldown reflective of its ridiculous damage

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

One of the only things I strongly desire is a nerf to Radiance. It's the laziest item but so many picks rush it.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Jen X posted:

I'm sure it will be

I love it existing, personally, it makes tiny even more fun than he already is, but it absolutely needs a cooldown reflective of its ridiculous damage

it should get sick animations like in hon instead of the kinda slow big thing comin at ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1zGjS_AIo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

gangnam reference posted:

it should get sick animations like in hon instead of the kinda slow big thing comin at ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1zGjS_AIo

Completely agree. The animation right now is pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

is there a way to watch old pre-reborn TI replays yet?