Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Chainsawman is pretty good. It took awhile to get going, but I’ve been enjoying it a lot lately and stuff has actually been happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The most dangerous mission, next time on SpyxFamily

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ania will save them.

Yor is a perfect lying machine

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

Ania will save them.

Yor is a perfect lying machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyoElzBhbXg

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I forgot to tell you :colbert:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
This is the angriest I have been at a cliffhanger in a long time.

Also Yuri seemed to take Loid just mentioning that he's an uncle surprisingly well, unless Yor told him beforehand over the phone or he was just too drunk to notice.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Being adorable runs in the family it seems.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

:hmmyes:

Also appreciating the genre shift to josei at the end, terrible cliffhanger though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yor is a true master of deception.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Brought To You By posted:

I forgot to tell you :colbert:

I forgot that I forgot to tell you :colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yuri is just gonna zonk out from alcohol right before they actually kiss, both go "whew that was close (but i wouldn't have minded)"

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Light Yagami eat your heart out!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Are the pages out of order for anyone else using Manga plus on their phones? It's been lIke this for a while for me.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Are the pages out of order for anyone else using Manga plus on their phones? It's been lIke this for a while for me.

On the official MangaPlus app or through the link on the front page? I use the latter on the Awful app with the vertical reading style, and although I've had the occasional page out of order, it's usually fine for me. It does make it annoying when that happens though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nondevor posted:

On the official MangaPlus app or through the link on the front page?

The link on the front page. This week I was confused why the talks over the wine seemed to be jumping forward and backwards.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yor's lying skills are almost as impressive as her intellect.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The site is terrible on my phone (iPhone 6s). Sometimes it will start repeating pages or messing up the orders for me. Occasionally it will also stop scrolling. :shrug: I usually fix it by reloading the page.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
This taste is of a lie...Loiloi!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
https://twitter.com/RaafGL/status/1164489687488012288

Viz is licensing this series. Also this means I'm fired because I don't work for Viz and they're bringing in their own translators. This is the last chapter I will have worked on.

It's a fun series and I'm extremely glad I got a chance to be a part of it for the brief moment before everyone realized it would become insanely popular.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
You did absurdly good work. The Anya and other children dialogue translation choices were so good.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Clarste posted:

Viz is licensing this series. Also this means I'm fired because I don't work for Viz and they're bringing in their own translators. This is the last chapter I will have worked on.

It's a fun series and I'm extremely glad I got a chance to be a part of it for the brief moment before everyone realized it would become insanely popular.

Thank you for your service to Westalia.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Thank you for what you've done, Clarste.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Thanks, Clarste. Tharste.

Looking forward to the name changes again in the Viz volumes :v:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, you did good.

Tho i'll be completely honest and say as long as i can still read it online without being American/English, i don't care too much who licenses it

Don't you loving dare make me have to go back to kissmanga :argh:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Thanks for the excellent work, Clarste.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Love to lose a job for doing it too well :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

You rock, either way. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Thanks for the excellent translations and insights. I hope you find something else to translate soon.

Does that mean it's going to disappear from the Manga plus site?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

No but it will probably follow suit and only have the first and last few chapters available. Thanks for the excellent work Clarste.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Darth TNT posted:

Thanks for the excellent translations and insights. I hope you find something else to translate soon.

They already gave us something else to work on, and since there are a bunch of back-chapters to do first, it's actually making me more money.

But it just feels sad to no longer work on Spy x Family.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thank you for all your hard work on this series, Clarste! It feels cool to know a goon worked on this cool series. :shobon:

As for the chapter itself, it's cool that it acknowledges that while Yuri seems to be a talented counter-intelligence agent, Loid's experience and talent still puts him way above Yuri's level. Looks like if Yuri will ever get a hint, it'd be if Yor and Ania do or say anything suspicious.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mulderman posted:

No but it will probably follow suit and only have the first and last few chapters available. Thanks for the excellent work Clarste.

It's already done that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I don't know why Vizmanga would license a manga about such a mundane family, but there you go.

Fake Edit: But seriously though, this has been a fun read on the side as I chipped away at Berserk, thanks for the translation.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

They already gave us something else to work on, and since there are a bunch of back-chapters to do first, it's actually making me more money.

But it just feels sad to no longer work on Spy x Family.

Okay, that's good. :)

Mulderman posted:

Isn't that the whole deal of MAngaplus? Only the first like5 and the last 5?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The better keep Anyas speech :colbert:
Thanks Clarste, you did a real good job of keeping the dialogue natural and flowing.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for your hard work, Clarste!

God, I just realized what a sucker I am for mega-badasses who are woefully out of their depth when it comes to matters of love.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003745

Warning, lewd make out session inside.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So I was having kind of a crappy day but then I saw this thread with that title and that premise and started reading, so basically I have to say to Nondevor and to Clarste thank you so very much for getting today back on track.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yor and Yuri are powerful siblings. Loid better watch out.

Even Anya just waking up for a moment is precious :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whuzzat a nuke!?

Nahh. Papa will stop it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 8, 2019