Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's probably one of these.

Unfortunately it's hard to find a specific video because a bunch of the names are in Japanese and a bunch have been lost to the internet. I just remember the Ichirin Burning Down The House video.

Oh wait, I found his Nico: https://www.nicovideo.jp/user/45465

This is probably it: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10055958

Yes that's the one exactly, thank you

A lot more surreal than I thought, but definitely it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

nyttyn posted:

Fantasic Danmaku Festival Part II is a extremely pretty sort of remake of Perfect Cherry Blossom, and is worth the buy for the visual/audio experience alone, but it's pretty solid as a shump.

Thanks for this recommendation, I bought in for the pretty bullet patterns and got my money's worth from stage 6. I'm not sure how much of it is me being rusty vs. playing a whole new game with new bullet patterns to learn, but there's a pretty significant jump from Easy to Normal in this one, and I haven't gotten past stage 3 without using continues on it yet.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The FDF games are like, cool, but they take too long, and I find myself particularly annoyed at the changes made vs. the original games. They are gorgeous, though.
please get your original character bleimu out of here

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They do some really creative stuff, especially in the bonus spellcards you can access from the main menu. Each boss gets around 5 unique attacks that are more in line with the ones from the decimal numbered side games. A particular favorite of mine is one that starts normally then up and creates a second hit box that orbits around you.

And yeah Rumia maybe an irrelevant minor character but deleting her for OC notRumia felt weird. I do like stuff like jack o' lantern themed Koakuma and outer god themed Yukari though.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This thread made me boot up Imperishable Night for the first time in a decade to get back into danmaku and now I'm pricing out the parts for a custom stick build.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Tokyo Active Neets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0x75OkD48

They’re still making stuff.

There’s also Swing Holic if you want another jazz recommendation

Active NEETs also streams live jazz via youtube every Thursday at 8-10 PM Japan time. Not purely Touhou stuff but a good listen.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Wolf spirit for best new character

cergos
Apr 23, 2019

The hush of the night sky is the silence of a graveyard.
Why does 80 percent of the character art in the games look terrible? I know ZUN did everything but honestly, couldn’t he have just contracted that part out to someone else?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cergos posted:

Why does 80 percent of the character art in the games look terrible? I know ZUN did everything but honestly, couldn’t he have just contracted that part out to someone else?

Zun's art is unimpeachable and perfect.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

as someone who rags on zun's art every single game i will die for zun's art

i love all of the guest artists (Fairy Wars, the fighting games, mangas, etc) but touhou wouldn't be touhou without it

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

cergos posted:

I would like to know what 20% you consider to not be terrible.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

cergos posted:

because the mainline games are pretty much one-man projects. that's part of the charm.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

cergos posted:

The reason is to spite you, specifically.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Decoy Badger posted:

mima

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

rannum posted:

as someone who rags on zun's art every single game i will die for zun's art

i love all of the guest artists (Fairy Wars, the fighting games, mangas, etc) but touhou wouldn't be touhou without it

:same:

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

cergos posted:

:toughguy: You take that back. ZUN's art is a treasure and I don't think I'd like Touhou as much as I do if it contracted to someone "better"

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
ZUN has never drawn Mima because Mima isn't real.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

zun's art is genuinely good

If his art is endlessly mimicked by others, he must be popular!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Decoy Badger posted:

I would also like to know.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ZUN is a good character designer and has a good eye for detail. He is still terrible at drawing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
He's certainly getting better though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He's better than me that's for sure

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Zun: alright folks ive heard your cries, ill bring back the pc98 witch

*yuki appears to thunderous applause*

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Should've been Mai.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How dare he snub Ellen like that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
next touhou will have teams again and nitori's partner will be rika

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If there's one aspect of the PC-98 stuff I want back, it's Reimu's thirst for getting married.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a mim mima

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is the Reflections game on psn any good? It's going for like $15.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I finally have all of the recordings I need, so work on my project has fully begun!! :toot:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

If there's one aspect of the PC-98 stuff I want back, it's Reimu's thirst for getting married.

I sincerely doubt ZUN's gonna make the series protagonist straight at this point, and that's on top of his seeming lack of interest in writing romance or romantic comedy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You don't have to be straight to get married

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
In a plot twist, it's revealed Reimu has been married to Miera since Touhou 02 or whenever.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

You don't have to be straight to get married

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3377048

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

I sincerely doubt ZUN's gonna make the series protagonist straight at this point, and that's on top of his seeming lack of interest in writing romance or romantic comedy.

lol

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

being extremely into the idea of being married is a pretty straight thing to be honest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How long is a full playthrough of the FMW Complete Box likely to take? How many weeks of my life should I be prepared for this video game to consume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

How long is a full playthrough of the FMW Complete Box likely to take? How many weeks of my life should I be prepared for this video game to consume?

I have 63 hours on my post-credits save.