Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
This is Rkid giving the enemy a PROPER ENGLISH WELCOME.

https://i.imgur.com/peB6Tu6.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With the new physics engine, is there a killstreak that lets you goatse someone?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

With the new physics engine, is there a killstreak that lets you goatse someone?

I don't believe they have implemented realistic anus physics

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pacerhimself posted:

I don't believe they have implemented realistic anus physics

CoD launching on PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will hopefully be the time for this.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Wazzit posted:

This is Rkid giving the enemy a PROPER ENGLISH WELCOME.

:britain:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

eonwe posted:

man the animations in this game are sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmRp58sePT4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh poo poo reloading while ADS

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny cause watching that video it pretty much just looks like normal rear end game gun animations but while actually playing it I can sympathize with his excitement. The whole time I was like "goddamn these gun animations just slap!"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

eonwe posted:

oh poo poo reloading while ADS

:rip: Siege

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ubi is doing a good job killing Siege with their new Battle Pass.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Ubi is doing a good job killing Siege with their new Battle Pass.

Literally anything is an improvement on their current reward system, which amounts to:

- some bullshit currency from every match and most challenges
- a random roll on a chance at an alpha pack if you win a match.
- a gun camo/charm celebrating a particular operator/country upon completing a challenge

I'd be very happy if the free track in the battle pass gives me renown boosters, guaranteed tchotchkes, or premium currency on top of that.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 26, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really loved Infinite Warfare's campaign and dropped off of CoD after that, this one looks to be right back up my alley. Gonna get this on PC and make an rear end of myself, but at least it will sound incredible!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Only Javes outperforms me, and not all the time, either.:colbert:
Otherwise you literally described me :haw: :ironicat:

Well Macys you've done it. I pulled the trigger and bought one. The new features are just too drat appealing. Now the irony of me bitching about XIM cheaters comes full circle.

The thing that is going to be really funny is that it's going to blow up in my face spectacularly, because I am loving horrible at games with a M&K and some of you guys will probably be witness to some pretty funny tantrums as I fumble around incompetently and wish I had just stuck with a controller.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh god

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah Gary you better get off your butt and get your PS4 fixed or you are going to miss out on some comedy gold, son.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't suppose you could re-edit this for 16:9 could you?

The Community tools will only let me use about half of the image, so I can't get the full phrase.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not bad...

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 29, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
oh its funny because gay. lolling over here at some gay stuff

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

updated the discord link because i am but a puppet and sun god whatever is my master https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

updated the discord link because i am but a puppet and sun god whatever is my master https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Thank you friend!!!!!!

Yeah created some webhooks so news drops there too. Just follow the thread here and join up there and pray to the masterful OP Stubear.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really want to get goons playing this and in voip for beta

lets have fun buddies

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am gonna do a giveaway for the game too. I’ll explain later. I’m incredibly pumped for the game. Crossplay and no DLC gating and the “classic team” taking over just has me incredibly ecstatic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder how much the gritty tone is going to get hosed up as pressure builds for cheesy neon guns and clown suits via loot boxes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Already in development... maaan :350:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Best COD Infinite Warfare kept things to ally consistent and never too gimmicky. I think the most out there we had were the zombie characters as MP models? Variants and camps were pretty plain all around which didn’t detract from the style it had going.

I doubt they’re going to pull a Treyarch and bring a ton of dumb poo poo. Some dumb poo poo sure I bet you’ll be able to create some real goofy guns with gunsmith.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder how much the gritty tone is going to get hosed up as pressure builds for cheesy neon guns and clown suits via loot boxes.

Just do this in the battle royale and leave MP boring

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I want my character model to look so bad that the enemy instinctively flinches away, giving me an advantage in combat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Just do this in the battle royale and leave MP boring

Tbh if they actually do a BR it's one of the things I'd least like to see. Don't get me wrong I like customization but I'm tired of how dumb everything looks in Blackout.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nighthand posted:

I want my character model to look so bad that the enemy instinctively flinches away, giving me an advantage in combat.

So an outfit that’s so bright and reflective that it blinds the person looking at it?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That would be acceptable, but also a garish combination of horrible colors, a goatse camo, and that kind of thing also works.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh if they actually do a BR it's one of the things I'd least like to see. Don't get me wrong I like customization but I'm tired of how dumb everything looks in Blackout.

The hell is the point of playing call of duty if I can't make my character look dumb as hell?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Literally anything is an improvement on their current reward system, which amounts to:

- some bullshit currency from every match and most challenges
- a random roll on a chance at an alpha pack if you win a match.
- a gun camo/charm celebrating a particular operator/country upon completing a challenge

I'd be very happy if the free track in the battle pass gives me renown boosters, guaranteed tchotchkes, or premium currency on top of that.

Better than Black Ops 4 where you get a random loot box item and a battle pass tier every hour of gameplay regardless of your performance in the game. And the loot boxes have stupidly OP weapons in them that get nerfed after two months when enough people have unlocked them so they can release another new OP weapon to tempt you to buy more loot boxes.

Can't wait to see Modern Warfare's monetization when cosmetics-only microtransactions are not encouraging enough people to buy COD Points to satisfy Activision executives.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Superanos posted:

Better than Black Ops 4 where you get a random loot box item and a battle pass tier every hour of gameplay regardless of your performance in the game. And the loot boxes have stupidly OP weapons in them that get nerfed after two months when enough people have unlocked them so they can release another new OP weapon to tempt you to buy more loot boxes.

Can't wait to see Modern Warfare's monetization when cosmetics-only microtransactions are not encouraging enough people to buy COD Points to satisfy Activision executives.

I wouldn't know, I stopped playing The Bad CoD in February. :smug:

I didn't even spend my free CoD points in the last two games because it wasn't even worth the time to get their palette swapped garbage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Recently they talked about that new guns will be added to the game but refused to say how. It is gonna be good when the first round of new weapons are in loot boxes again and everyone spends hundreds to get those guns because this is the best most realistic call of duty ever played.

In recent weeks they have said they want to make microtransactions more consumer friendly. Although they did say most weapon camos will be available through in game challenges or promotional events, but also want then to be "status symbols".

Luckily they said they are revealing the microtransactions and mxt system closer to launch.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 1, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

In recent weeks they have said they want to make microtransactions more consumer friendly.

:lol::lol:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is gonna be supply crates with limited time perks that let you do 2x damage or some poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To make microtransactions more consumer friendly they'd need to put in more work than any AAA has shown me they are willing to put in, i.e making it so I feel like my money isn't completely wasted. Until then, just keep it totally inconsequential to the gameplay and I will neither bitch about them or buy them. BLOPS 4 has never had me even remotely tempted to spend real money o (I only play Blackout though. I guess some guns are paywalled in MP?). Like, everything you can actually buy in BLOPS is so unbelievably lame I just don't give a flying gently caress if I'm not playing enough that week to get through the tiers.

At least Battlefield paywalls really cool looking unique skins, which is way more tempting. Too bad they are so comically, obscenely overpriced at $10-$15 a pop it completely ruins it.

Mr Hootington posted:

It is gonna be supply crates with limited time perks that let you do 2x damage or some poo poo

:stare:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did anyone else feel like the killcams/deaths in this were actually like, good? Possibly the first time in COD history where I would die and watch the killcam and consistently be like “yup I hosed that up” instead of “RU loving serious?!” Half of the time.

Playing a bunch of regular BLOPs 4 multi this week for the first time in ages, and it’s just so goddamn bad. It triples down on everything I don’t like about COD and Modern Warfare cannot come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Did anyone else feel like the killcams/deaths in this were actually like, good? Possibly the first time in COD history where I would die and watch the killcam and consistently be like “yup I hosed that up” instead of “RU loving serious?!” Half of the time.

Playing a bunch of regular BLOPs 4 multi this week for the first time in ages, and it’s just so goddamn bad. It triples down on everything I don’t like about COD and Modern Warfare cannot come soon enough.

They're one to two seconds too short, they need more lead time. Especially the final kill.

Also, if it's accurate to the other player's actual experience, then man, they must have a good half second advantage compared to what it seemed to me.

That said, it never had that "loving bullshit!" feel the last half dozen games have had, even when we switched party hosts to the opposite coast.

Very much appreciate trades being in this game.