Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
For a second I thought that Nyx might be a good counter to carry wisp but break doesn't remove the passive spirits lmao

Carry Wisp is definitely getting nerfed into the dirty though lmao. It lost one(?) game at TI and Secret still almost won a game winning fight from a 14k deficit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

For a second I thought that Nyx might be a good counter to carry wisp but break doesn't remove the passive spirits lmao

Carry Wisp is definitely getting nerfed into the dirty though lmao. It lost one(?) game at TI and Secret still almost won a game winning fight from a 14k deficit.

it's called a spirit vessel and these dumb teams didn't build one, or at least not early enough to have charges to do anything when it mattered

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Remove the talent and boom, balanced.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

it's called a spirit vessel and these dumb teams didn't build one, or at least not early enough to have charges to do anything when it mattered

Saksa had a 16 minute spirit vessel and NiP had an 8k gold advantage and it just didn't matter. You don't actually know what you're talking about.

Also, just wanted to remind you again that you're banned from dota threads for being a racist chud.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Spirit vessel is clearly not good enough to beat all the busted healing strats. AA also got banned every game iirc.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

Saksa had a 16 minute spirit vessel and NiP had an 8k gold advantage and it just didn't matter. You don't actually know what you're talking about.

Also, just wanted to remind you again that you're banned from dota threads for being a racist chud.

Liquid- no vessel
Newbee- no vessel
VP - no vessel (though two in progress)
Fnatic - no vessel

literally every game of ana IO at TI

You're just wrong. They had Solar Crest CMs, but no spirit vessel. The teams didn't counter it at all.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

Liquid- no vessel
Newbee- no vessel
VP - no vessel (though two in progress)
Fnatic - no vessel

literally every game of ana IO at TI

You're just wrong. They had Solar Crest CMs, but no spirit vessel. The teams didn't counter it at all.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/4969485474

pls work on your reading comprehension

also, spirit vessel doesn't actually counter carry wisp in any meaningful way whereas solar crest is actually extremely good versus wisp until wisp gets to level 20.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

also, spirit vessel doesn't actually counter carry wisp in any meaningful way whereas solar crest is actually extremely good versus wisp until wisp gets to level 20.

This is a beautiful own.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

did not know that spirit vessel will counter a long-range magic nuke that doesn't cost mana or even have a cooldown

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hard to believe dota is over for another year. what will we do.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

can't wait to see what OG talked about after game 1 in True Sight.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Reality Sinner posted:

Hard to believe dota is over for another year. what will we do.

I've been trying to play some after watching TI and that clearly was the wrong idea

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Yeah, I'd go for a TI6 comparison over a TI4 comparison: there were cool things happening, but it was mostly just OG outplaying the gently caress out of Liquid, and in general being able to play every overpowered hero and comp discovered at TI (including carry Wisp which Ana pulled out of his rear end in the group stages). OG didn't play a tempo draft 3 games in a row because that was the only thing they could play (like VG in TI4); they played a tempo draft because Liquid had to choose one of the OG strats to play against and that's the one they chose.

The "moment" isn't always the winning team: Na'vi had The Play and then lost, so we could just say that Ana loving up in game 1 was the TI Moment. TI6 had Shadow putting on a goddamn Faceless Void clinic, at least.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
TI6 had the w33 timbersaw play

edit: wait no it didnt lmao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Does Io last one patch before nerf to see if a counter can be found organically? Or does icefrog kill it ASAP?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Does Io last one patch before nerf to see if a counter can be found organically? Or does icefrog kill it ASAP?

There is no counter. Carry wisp is just alch lite but better late game and also harder to gank and also with a larger power spike.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Just got caught up and all I gotta say is that TWO TIME TI WINNER BIG DADDY N0TAIL is one of the few who knows what it takes to truly be a top player in the DotA community.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The talent will get moved to higher level and the aghs will get nerfed and that's it

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
my prediction is that wisp is going to get removed from captain's mode and reworked again and probably have a drastic rework a la earth spirit

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Sampatrick posted:

TI6 had the w33 timbersaw play

edit: wait no it didnt lmao

Had this play though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXOcNloQGI

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

why do you link a carry potm ppd game as some sort of relevant match? (ps, lol, it's not relevant, ppd drafts sucked rear end)

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I watch DOTA2 once a year and it's the loving best. Thank you for being entertaining and knowledgeable throughout.

See you next year!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

why do you link a carry potm ppd game as some sort of relevant match? (ps, lol, it's not relevant, ppd drafts sucked rear end)

why are you so bad at reading

that was a support mirana

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

looking at this match even further, lol, armlet bkb sange WK? LOL. 0 initiation, radiance tick damage isn't killing a core IO. dumpstered for the greedy poo poo it was.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

why are you so bad at reading

that was a support mirana

She went 12-3 with most hero damage because she was the only thing in that awful make-up who could do anything. ppd having her build a greave was hilarious. 0 awareness with that captain. didn't they not even make it out of group stage?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
yes im sure that mek is actually a bad item on a deathball lineup, genius analysis from excellent dota player jollypubjerk

if there's one thing you've gotten right, it's that ace played like poo poo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

She went 12-3 with most hero damage because she was the only thing in that awful make-up who could do anything. ppd having her build a greave was hilarious. 0 awareness with that captain. didn't they not even make it out of group stage?

drat why don't you go compete and win with this next level knowledge you're laying down

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taffer posted:

drat why don't you go compete and win with this next level knowledge you're laying down

????????????????????????????????

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

????????????????????????????????

Sorry let me rephrase that in a way you can understand.

You're a loving idiot and your analysis sucks. Never post again, thanks.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Io will just get a str gain nerf and call it a day. maybe a HoD ms nerf

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

Io will just get a str gain nerf and call it a day. maybe a HoD ms nerf

please stop posting in threads you are banned from chud

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sampatrick posted:

please stop posting in threads you are banned from chud

TOP DEFINITION
Chud (C. H. U. D.)
Originally from the old 1984 awesome horror flick and is the acronym for Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller.

This term is regarded as the WORST possible insult you can dish out on the social media circles today. When you call someone a CHUD you're basically calling them a flurry of cocktail of foul names. Synonyms would be foul, lethargic, morally bankrupt, severe physical unattractiveness, mindnumbingly stupid, brainwashed, probably has terrible hygiene, unable to comprehend sufficiently, or probably an unread zombie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
jpj lets game at ignite next weekend

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My main regret after watching this first series of Dota 2 for me ever, is not having watched the True Sight episode about last year's 2018 TI finals until after all the post-game scheduling yesterday.
The only things I knew about OG came from several thescore esports highlights and recaps. So the whole anime-betrayal of N0tail's friend abandoning the team for EG ending up making it the greatest cinderella story in esports was already a lot to get me emotionally invested in yesterday's series, and watching "What is Lakad Matatang?" only about a week ago gave me a proper basis for OG's goofiness.

But the insight into the player's mindsets during TI9 that True Sight gave me would have made yesterday even more incredible. I'm currently watching OG's reaction to the episode from their private screening, and it's somehow like I'm watching an entirely new video.

Overall, really fun series yesterday, and as a layman that knows nothing about the game itself outside of watching it, I can honestly say it was exciting as all hell.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The worst posters always crawl out of their holes during TI

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Andrast posted:

The worst posters always crawl out of their holes during TI

The real way to shut down bad posting is to just ignore it instead of thirty people all trying to have an argument with the person. Just never respond to them and they'll get bored and stop posting

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The real way to shut down bad posting is to just ignore it instead of thirty people all trying to have an argument with the person. Just never respond to them and they'll get bored and stop posting

People not responding to idiots has never happened in the history of SA internet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Join us Duzzy we're way better than league of legends

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

current levels of posting aside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012