Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Sinner posted:

Join us Duzzy we're way better than league of legends

It’s true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The real way to shut down bad posting is to just ignore it instead of thirty people all trying to have an argument with the person. Just never respond to them and they'll get bored and stop posting

but thirty 2ks is 60k mmr total intelligence!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao. I was rewatching OG vs LGD game 3 and Blitz literally says "Ame has so much armour I don't think he even cares about tide anchor smash" one minute before Topson pretty much two-shots him

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Craptacular! posted:

Can’t wait until next TI when that goblin grandmother of the year is the hero teams dread to face head-on.

I think people don’t like when grand finals look suspiciously similar to pubs, and so the complaining and reflections to TI4 over these stomps are mostly because OG used low cooldowns that do moderate amounts of damage and denied Liquid the high cooldown moves associated with big plays like ravage and black hole.

We like that poo poo because we can’t actually hear the players talk, so seeing a team hiding smoked in the trees waiting to spring a big move is about the only time the audience is witness to the strategy discussion. OG’s strategy, without the comms, just looks like a bunch of diving and clowny manfighting. Obviously they’re a super talented team and conformed to the winning playstyle, but the vulnerability they found in Icefrog’s design this year was a pretty stupid one.

Holy poo poo, how do you keep being so wrong? Yes, there are people who will complain about boring finals, but even on the loving reddit, most people seem to have enjoyed the series, especially games 1-3.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TheRat posted:

Lmao. I was rewatching OG vs LGD game 3 and Blitz literally says "Ame has so much armour I don't think he even cares about tide anchor smash" one minute before Topson pretty much two-shots him

Lmao yeah. Honestly seems like nobody except on OG expected that much damage cause they didn't calculate the sheer amount of negative armor on the slark

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
For a thing that actually sucked, closing ceremony. Since we are all "esports are real sports", can we copy from the real sports and give the guys some time after winning a game?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Andrast posted:

The worst posters always crawl out of their holes during TI

:smith:

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Congratulations to OG! Overall a very entertaining TI with lots of kills and comebacks. OG themselves were also very entertaining, they had incredible team fight execution and relentless aggression. Some cool picks as well, nobody else played pugna or monkey king on their level.

I think their playstyle is somewhat different to last year, this time they had less late game carries and more focus on fighting compared to farming. There was some stat that they had the least average cs of all 18 teams in the groupstage.

Looking forward to the roster changes.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
It's funny how NiP probably got the closest to beating carry wisp and even then OG had most of their outer towers up thanks to Treant

edit: against OG I mean, forgot about Liquid vs Secret lol

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
hell ya rumour mill time
https://old.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/cvbr4a/roster_change_rumors_and_leaks_summary/

quote:

Secret.Arteezy

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Has anyone compiled a list of all the games with links to timestamps of the different streams somewhere, wanna catch stuff I missed but it's hard to dig thru these huge vods

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

-Rumor that Sumail wants to play with his brother Yawar,if so there is a chance of CCNC joining EG

Seems weird that yawar wouldn't just join EG if this was true

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ccnc to EG would be loving hilarious

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God i love team shuffle drama

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Indecisive posted:

Has anyone compiled a list of all the games with links to timestamps of the different streams somewhere, wanna catch stuff I missed but it's hard to dig thru these huge vods

Dota 2 channel on youtube has all the games

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

Dota 2 channel on youtube has all the games

this should probably be in the OP considering how many times it's come up

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Indecisive posted:

/r/DotaVODS/ on reddit has a TI thread at the top of the page with spoiler-free links to every match. Maybe there's better/easier sources, but it's what I use :shrug:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/Febbydota/status/1165666138669420545?s=19

Yall missing the real drama

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/VICI/status/1165671706494525440

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

God i love team shuffle drama

:hai:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

quote:

Fy the Fgod is considering leave the Dota scene Source: rotk’s live stream
fy is considering going to LOL :(

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

top 10 anime betrayals

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG and Liquid beat the dota out of Fy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I love and hate shuffle drama cuz almost all of this could just be fake or real.

E: like the Adam/343 “steam chat logs” was fake for example

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

DOTA penis cutting bets have no substance ever since Bulba never followed through on his

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
what sort of hosed up rear end in a top hat would choose to play league just because they're only on the third best dota team in the world?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Third best is a fancy term for losing, so I kinda get it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vando posted:

what sort of hosed up rear end in a top hat would choose to play league just because they're only on the third best dota team in the world?

Yeah there is no way that’s real lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It being real would be really funny so I want to believe it

same with secret.rtz

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If all the rumors aren't 100% bullshit then Secret wanting to move on from Nisha and Sumail wanting to play with Yawar sort of makes the whole Secret.RTZ thing make sense. That is a huge if though.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Why would Secret want to move on from Nisha? That doesn't make any sense.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno I read it somewhere. It probably isn't true, just like everything else.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
rtz with Secret makes sense because of his past time with Puppey and Zai. But I’m not sure how he would fit with a player like midone. The cool thing about nisha was that they were able to make both of them work in game. Idk what other team Nisha would join

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love this nonsense

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Craptacular! posted:

What I was getting at is that TI is usually defined by some sort of big play: the play 2012, the million dollar dreamcoil, the whatever million dollar echo slam, etc. Someone after TI4 derisively referred to the main event as “the [$] tier one tower push” because there wasn’t a single big highlight teamfight. Part of the problem was the meta of giving big rewards for T1s and the lack of a bounce back for a bad start, but ultimately it was just a team outplaying another team hard by doing everything well. This TI’s meta wasn’t really at all like TI4, the only comparison was one team outplaying another by doing everything well. You could kind of say game 4 had a fifteen million dollar Diffusal Blade, but that was kind of overshadowed by how broken Wisp is.

All I wanted to say was that OG probably worked harder than people comparing to TI4 are giving them credit for, they compare it to TI4 mostly because the see any attempt at a big memorable play is constantly rebuffed by just charging in and murdering the Tidehunter and then running away, which is is effective but unsatisfying.

Not to take anything away from OG. They have all the strategies and make use of them, they didn’t just always play this one game this way and wait for the meta to shift their way. They’ve shown they can do anything.

I'm late to this but come on this is stupid. I'm going to remember Topson Pugna, Topson Gyro diffusal, Ana carry Io - all of these things - forever. It's not one play but this poo poo was absolutely incredibly memorable.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

reddit has a redditwiki for team shuffle rumors now https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/shuffle/ti9

bunch of interesting stuff from v1lat's podcast

EG may pick up a CIS player (possibly Resolut1on or Ramzes) to replace S4.
Fly and S4 are rumored to leave EG.
ALOHADANCE may return to competitive Dota as position 4, but not for a T1 team.
Pasha may be a replacement for Blizzy. Crystallize, Sonneiko, and MagicaL are expected to stay.
VP is rumored to make drastic changes with Ramzes and Pasha leaving.
Gambit is supposedly in talks with Na'vi for Zayac to replace Immersion.
Gambit is rumored to part ways with Afterlife and Immersion.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

rtz with Secret makes sense because of his past time with Puppey and Zai. But I’m not sure how he would fit with a player like midone. The cool thing about nisha was that they were able to make both of them work in game. Idk what other team Nisha would join

I just want the rtz cycle meme image to be relevant again

Carrier
May 12, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Fly and S4 are rumored to leave EG.

When are we getting the Fly redemption ark

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The big lesson coming out of this TI is that teams should be filled with players that enjoy each other’s company and can form a good bond of trust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Carrier posted:

When are we getting the Fly redemption ark

arc

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The big lesson coming out of this TI is that teams should be filled with players that enjoy each other’s company and can form a good bond of trust

I wouldn't really overreact to this kind of thing tbh. It's more that all of OG are incredibly good players whose playstyles complement each other extremely well.