Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mastershakeman posted:

Tlj obviously ended with the resistance fleeing like obiwan and Yoda did, waiting for a new generation to rise up and be trained by the hidden old guard

Except ep 9 is coming out not about that so who the gently caress knows. Hell, it's inexplicable how the trailer has all those b, y, a and xwings

I don't understand why they didn't just make the time gap between TLJ and Episode 9 roughly 5 years instead of 1 year. The actors have aged about that much since the filming of TFA anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mastershakeman posted:

Except ep 9 is coming out not about that so who the gently caress knows. Hell, it's inexplicable how the trailer has all those b, y, a and xwings

Time travel.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Basically some suit in Disney Creative saw randomly saw some of Star Trek Discovery season 2 and Avengers Endgame and the Terminator Dark Fate trailer and was like HOW COME YOU MADE YOUR SCI-FI THING WRONG BY NOT HAVING TIME TRAVEL I THOUGHT IT WAS SCI-FI SPACE poo poo OR WHATEVER BUT THEY DON'T TIME TRAVEL?!???!!!! THE OTHER GUYS AND US HAVE TIME TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will laugh so hard if RLM’s random guess of time travel in this movie is accurate

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You idiots there’s not going to be time travel in Star Wars. Not now not ever.

Now force travel? Baby get ready for it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

A lot can happen in a year though

I'm sure they'll explain in the movhahahahahaha

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Red eyed C-3PO lol kill me now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I actually did not recognize that that was C-3PO due to his red eyes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Some folks on reddit think Dark Side Rey is a clone. Lol.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

teagone posted:

Reeeey

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Man these fan movies are stepping it up.

ILM should hire this person but give them at least 12mo of training before working on a production shot.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Neo Rasa posted:

This means that Little Annie put red LEDs in there just in case he turned evil someday.

“Well, no, because, you see, droid ocular lighting technology is based on an AI algorithm to blow it out your rear end NEEERRRRD”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The red eyes and red arm are supposed to clue you in that it's not the real C-3P0, it's Venom C-3P0

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The red eyes mean he probably wants to.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

evil c-3po rules

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neo Rasa posted:

Force Awakens made more than $4 billion in box office, by itself.

The Force Awakens' box office, worldwide, was a tad over $2 billion. Domestically it was about $900 million and change.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I love how she can't even wield this cumbersome piece of poo poo as it unfolds, it looks so sad as it droops at the end. Nothing quite says bad-rear end like struggling to wield a weapon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

sigher posted:

I love how she can't even wield this cumbersome piece of poo poo as it unfolds, it looks so sad as it droops at the end. Nothing quite says bad-rear end like struggling to wield a weapon.

If she ignited it with a flourish like the temple guard in Rebels does, it would've looked cooler.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can’t imagine that Dark Rey is anything other than a vision of some kind

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Timby posted:

The Force Awakens' box office, worldwide, was a tad over $2 billion. Domestically it was about $900 million and change.

You're right, when I checked I must have misread something referring to multiple Star Wars movies or some other thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sigher posted:

You know they're going to brag the gently caress about how that opening hilt is a fully practical effect, like how they bragged about that stupid inflatable bread from TFA.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t one of the storyboard leaks mentioned an “evil” C-3PO that got uploaded some combat poo poo?

teagone posted:

LMAO if Episode 9 just straight up copies The Force Unleashed.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

You know they're going to brag the gently caress about how that opening hilt is a fully practical effect, like how they bragged about that stupid inflatable bread from TFA.

I've eaten that kind of bread and it's some of the best poo poo I've ever had

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn’t one of the storyboard leaks mentioned an “evil” C-3PO that got uploaded some combat poo poo?

It did. It also went on to say that he ends up using Chewbacca’s bowcaster to, spoiler warning, comedic effect.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neo Rasa posted:

You're right, when I checked I must have misread something referring to multiple Star Wars movies or some other thing.

You might have been thinking about Disney forking out $4 billion to purchase Lucasfilm and how they've made back their investment and then some since then.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can’t imagine that Dark Rey is anything other than a vision of some kind

Honestly, it doesn't look like Rey at all. My first thought was that it was Keri Russell.

But I agree it's some sort of Force vision.

Timby fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 26, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Timby posted:

Honestly, it doesn't look like Rey at all. My first thought was that it was Keri Russell.

It is Rey. It's just a really poorly done shot. I'm not even talking about the double dildo her face just doesn't look right.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

It is Rey. It's just a really poorly done shot. I'm not even talking about the double dildo her face just doesn't look right.

Disney’s female leads aren’t allowed to emote. It’s in their contract to never use their eyebrows.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Disney’s female leads aren’t allowed to emote. It’s in their contract to never use their eyebrows.

And yet they hired Emilia Clarke for Solo...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
C3PO's back and this time he fucks

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Schwarzwald posted:

C3PO's back and this time he fucks

He's louder, angrier, and has access to a time machine.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Vinylshadow posted:

I've eaten that kind of bread and it's some of the best poo poo I've ever had

That kind of bread was an inedible prop inflated with air.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Timby posted:

You might have been thinking about Disney forking out $4 billion to purchase Lucasfilm and how they've made back their investment and then some since then.

But I agree it's some sort of Force vision.

The merchandising from Force Awakens probably put them in the black. Star Wars toys and bedsheets are very lucrative. I’m pretty sure that’s why they made Christmas the release window for these movies instead of keeping them in May like the previous six had been.

I mean, more than $4 billion worldwide box office would have made it far and away the most successful movie of all time, it would have been trumpeted like the climax of Revelation and we wouldn’t have had Disney scratching and crawling to top Avatar months after they became the owners of it, since Avatar didn’t quite reach $3 billion itself.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/heathdwilliams/status/1166056192113876994

Mooey Cow posted:

That kind of bread was an inedible prop inflated with air.

What a waste of instant bread product placement

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 26, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

8/10 tails

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bowcaster 3vil PO is probably going to be a result of latent left over poo poo being turned on that was stuck in his programming from when his head was soldered to a battledroids body back on Geonosis at the start of the Clone Wars.

And it's going to make me chuckle when it happens because that will rule.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

The Cameo posted:

bedsheets are very lucrative.

Disney only buying fandoms that ruin bedsheets?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So does this mean the LIGHTSABER THROW move from every video game since 1997 is now canon?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hazo posted:

So does this mean the LIGHTSABER THROW move from every video game since 1997 is now canon?

LIGHTSABER THROW has been canon since 1983, laserbrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Hazo posted:

uh Vader did it in ROTJ so it’s been canon for longer than that