Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ZombieCrew posted:

Those ground meat kebabs are pretty good. Usually made with seasoned ground lamb and beef roast in a charcoal can. I worked with a Turkish guy in a kitchen a while back and he made them every once in a while. They were pretty awesome.

I wish I were talking about the good, well-made, seasoned, my mouth's watering just thinking about them ground meat shish kebabs, although I'd say whole chicken hearts are my favorite.

I should have been clear that by "here" I mean "in the US", it's just badly seasoned meat paste broken up into squares, somewhat grilled if you're lucky, fried if you're not. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Come to Boston, there are great doner/shawarma/gyros to be found at all price points. Also souvlaki, which is my favorite of the marinated grilled meats of the Mediterranean.

Ground lamb kebab is a different dish entirely from doner/shawarma/gyros. It’s called adana kebab in Turkish. Really good if you get it at a good place.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Wtf that's a fine-rear end looking Wurstsalat, what's it doing here

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/dR3DRtL.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon posted:

Wtf that's a fine-rear end looking Wurstsalat, what's it doing here

I didn't know what it was :ohdear: I thought it was some sort of salad with way too much meat

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Randaconda posted:

I didn't know what it was :ohdear: I thought it was some sort of salad with way too much meat

It's the wurst

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Croatoan posted:

It's the wurst

:frogout:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Wurstsalat, more like worst salad

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

its irish guacamole and a grilled chicken sandwich with a melted white cheese, nothing wrong here

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I think we often lose sight of the apparent fact that in the mid-century, most food was just generally so unpleasant that people had to be tricked into eating.

50s Americana cooking:

Step 1: Boil all the vegetables into oblivion
Step 2: Garnish meat with vegetables
Step 3: Eat just the meat because the vegetables are gross and boiled into oblivion and are just garnishes anyway

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

50s Americana cooking:British Cooking

Step 1: Boil all the vegetables into oblivion
Step 2: Garnish meat with vegetables
Step 3: Eat just the meat because the vegetables are gross and boiled into oblivion and are just garnishes anyway

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I feel like I'm getting pancreatic stones just looking at that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

50s Americana cooking:British Cooking

If that's the case...

Step 4: Throw it all out and go get curry instead

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

The laziest molten lava cake in existence.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I've never seen a lava cake with digestive problems before.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXwNrob5qw

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Randaconda posted:

The standing dressing at the bottom was what put me off.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

I've never seen a lava cake with digestive problems before.

I have a name you know

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down...

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I scanned over this and was really puzzled about why the method left out half the ingredients. Then I realised that "Nut-sweet Swiss Flavor
Cheez Whiz Pasteurized
Process Cheese Spread"
Isn't actually three different things.

That is quite a mouthful of a Brand Name.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Where is this on the Bristol stool chart?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ultimate Mango posted:

after all you can eat bbq pork night

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Aug 28, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

It's Stool Zero

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pookah posted:

I scanned over this and was really puzzled about why the method left out half the ingredients. Then I realised that "Nut-sweet Swiss Flavor
Cheez Whiz Pasteurized
Process Cheese Spread"
Isn't actually three different things.

That is quite a mouthful of a Brand Name.

I'm guessing it's from an ad by that brand so you bet they're putting the full name of the brand in there!

It sounds like a lazy version of turkey divan.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

AlbieQuirky posted:

Come to Boston, there are great doner/shawarma/gyros to be found at all price points. Also souvlaki, which is my favorite of the marinated grilled meats of the Mediterranean.

Ground lamb kebab is a different dish entirely from doner/shawarma/gyros. It’s called adana kebab in Turkish. Really good if you get it at a good place.

I grew up eating delicious Greek Gyros from the shops in Seattle, broiled lamb and beef mixed meat on a stick shaved into a pita, topped with beautiful fresh lettuce/tomato/onion, and fresh real yogurt-based tizitki with fresh dill and cucumber, and a crumbling of Feta cheese, best eaten as a hearty lunch, you use the pita to eat the whole thing as a taco.

The UK kebab is a different animal entirely, though nominally the same, giant slabs of grilled meat paste, slammed onto a poor pita that has no hope of containing it whatsoever, and serves to collect grease and sauce like a sponge, wilted lettuce and tomato are an afterthought, then the whole pile is coated with garlic mayo and hot sauce, best eaten at 1am after drinking the bar next door's entire stock of Glenlivet.

They're both delicious in their own way, and I love them because the Mediterranean spice mixture is music to my taste buds, and I will shovel as much of it down my fat meat hole as I can get my hands on.

A miscommunication at a Kebab shop once had me leave with 5 kebabs instead of one, fortunately I was able to pass the other 4 off to coworkers who had to stay late instead of getting piss drunk, total cost was like 18 pounds.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ultimate Mango posted:

I think it is the Bristol stool chart.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I was thinking more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brf5w1hFNlw

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/zee_zok/status/1166544448777572358?s=21

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Randaconda posted:

It is

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm just wondering what delicious food Randaconda is gonna post today and act like it's gross.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Croatoan posted:

I'm just wondering what delicious food Randaconda is gonna post today and act like it's gross.

:ohdear:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

It actually doesn't have enough meat.

A Wurstsalat is 50/50 meat sliced thin + raw onions, and basically pickled live in front of you in a shitload of vinegar + oil (with some water to take the edge off). Eaten with dark super crusty proper bread.

Something like this. All other ingredients are optional and can enhance (pickles), supplement (cheese, then it's the Swiss variant) or make weird (eggs and tomatoes, so I grant you that) the Salat. And yes, the picture is garnished with radishes.

Serve with beer in a Biergarten in the evening and it's the best thing you'll ever have.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Here we call that a "saure Wurst" and the Wurstsalat has more stuff than just sausage and onion.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

If that opening piano flutter doesn't put you on high alert, you haven't played enough of that game

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Here we call that a "saure Wurst" and the Wurstsalat has more stuff than just sausage and onion.
Unsurprisingly, the Austrians call stuff weird and gross (Eitrige!) and make it bad in general

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

7-11 does make some okay yogurt raisins. Or buys them from a company that doesn't suck at them, whatever.

Where the gently caress is the Obvious Plant logo. There's no way this is a real product that people were sold.

EDIT: Oh some jackasses just make photoshop boxes as "gag wrapping". Somehow I'm almost disappointed, now.

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Aug 28, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Oh this would so happen to me. The many misadventures of attempting to bake around allergies.

Eggs are friggin miraculous, I'll just say that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh this would so happen to me. The many misadventures of attempting to bake around allergies.

Eggs are friggin miraculous, I'll just say that.

Are you allergic to blood? Because it can apparently replace eggs 1:1 in baking recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Are you allergic to blood? Because it can apparently replace eggs 1:1 in baking recipes.

I personally use only the finest of bloods in my baking.

I have standards.