Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
$50 to see my boys at JFL in Toronto? yeeeeeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

I have to say for the crowd who couldn’t care less it was a funny episode to me
It really picks up once the guests come in but for a minute I thought Nick was trolling Mitch, playing up the petty bickering in front of a crowd that was not feeling it.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I was listening to the Double with Fran and thinking "man, Fran is such a five-star fuckin' guest, I don't know why they don't have her on more often" and then they're like "by the way, thanks for coming on at the last minute, Fran." The hell?

Doesn't she live in New York now? I imagine that makes it hard to get her into a record when she's in town.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

drainpipe posted:

Doesn't she live in New York now? I imagine that makes it hard to get her into a record when she's in town.

Didn't know that, but yeah, I guess that would account for it!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I was listening to the Double with Fran and thinking "man, Fran is such a five-star fuckin' guest, I don't know why they don't have her on more often" and then they're like "by the way, thanks for coming on at the last minute, Fran." The hell?

She's worked at SNL the last few years.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

mennoknight posted:

$50 to see my boys at JFL in Toronto? yeeeeeesh

If you already have a pass for a headliner you can use one of your credits for it. I was already seeing Mulaney and HDTGM so I didn't have to pay extra for Doughboys

Curious what they'll review. Tim Hortons is the obvious choice, could also be Swiss Chalet, Harvey's, Pizza Pizza or A&W for big chains. If they go for a smaller local chain maybe Burger Priest?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't reflexively skip the first ad read today

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't reflexively skip the first ad read today

That ad was one of the funniest things I've heard on doughboys in forever, and I saw them live.

For the curious: Amazing ad read

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yusong is movin' up in the world

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Get the gently caress out of here with this “I like a middle bun” bullshit. Worst Doughboys opinion.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Doughboys is on fire lately. The Pemberton and Weiner episodes are both all-time greats.

caligulamprey posted:

Get the gently caress out of here with this “I like a middle bun” bullshit. Worst Doughboys opinion.

I dunno what you have against middle buns, but their worst opinions are their opinions on any movie.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Weiner ep was really good. I like how he broke Mitch by the end by complimenting Wiger.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Really enjoyed the dynamic in this episode where they’d call someone fat, get called out for fat shaming, then get called fat themselves.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
No peaking!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Doughboys is best when the power dynamic between hosts and guest isn't loving insane.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Idk if anyone else is still listening to How Did This Get Played but, and I'm not sure whose choice it was, maybe Wiger shouldn't have done the ad read for Bluechew on the Moonwalker episode.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Bible Ian Black posted:

Idk if anyone else is still listening to How Did This Get Played but, and I'm not sure whose choice it was, maybe Wiger shouldn't have done the ad read for Bluechew on the Moonwalker episode.

Because he clearly doesn’t need it because he’s hard as gently caress?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Wiger hypothesizing that the laziness in Mitch's eye eventually traveled to his brain is a good burn

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Crindee posted:

Wiger hypothesizing that the laziness in Mitch's eye eventually traveled to his brain is a good burn

You know it's good when even Mitch was laughing instead of immediately calling Wiger a piece of poo poo.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Doughboys were on Culture Kings yesterday.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Having been to Boston a couple of times, I don't understand why they haven't done a good chain like Legal Seafoods. With their backgrounds you'd think they'd both like seafood. But you never know. I can't remember if it's come up ever? Thoughts?

Edit: They are both garbage monsters that wouldn't know good food of it jumped in their mouths, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fezz posted:

Having been to Boston a couple of times, I don't understand why they haven't done a good chain like Legal Seafoods. With their backgrounds you'd think they'd both like seafood. But you never know. I can't remember if it's come up ever? Thoughts?

Edit: They are both garbage monsters that wouldn't know good food of it jumped in their mouths, though.

don't give boston a win

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I want to say Mitch has mentioned Legal Seafood once or twice? But if there wasn't a location within a block of his Dad's office then he's probably never been and has no nostalgia for it, therefore it's trash.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm going to the show in DC on the 3rd, and it looks like Carl Tart and Christine Nangle will be the guests, so that'll be fun.

I think I need to buy a Nang Gang shirt.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

God dammit. JFL Toronto moved the show from Friday to Saturday and now I can't go because I already have John Mulaney tickets.

gently caress.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The stretch after Mitch accidentally says he was a black guy is maybe my favorite Doughboys moment ever

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Today's drop got me laughing hard in public, Mitch really got savaged

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dacap posted:

God dammit. JFL Toronto moved the show from Friday to Saturday and now I can't go because I already have John Mulaney tickets.

gently caress.

Just discovered the show got moved so CBB could have their time slot. This is all your fault Scott Aukerman!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A truly bizarre performance from Nick on today’s Double

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
He was without a doubt stoned

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Andrew Ti is so boring, goddamn.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Whenever Doughboys book a guest whose primary remit is being Very Online, it's going to be a saggy episode.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
The second DC show has Jamelle Bouie as a guest instead of Nangle. Is he funny? The only thing I know about him is that he does political tweets.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Magissima posted:

The second DC show has Jamelle Bouie as a guest instead of Nangle. Is he funny? The only thing I know about him is that he does political tweets.

I've never heard of him, glad i'm going to the first show, even if I don't actually like Ben's Chili Bowl.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah I understand Ben's Chili Bowl, but I don't love their choices for DC. I actually didn't even know Cava was a local chain, I guess I'll have to try it before the show.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Whenever Doughboys book a guest whose primary remit is being Very Online, it's going to be a saggy episode.

A+ drop though. No peeking!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

A+ drop though. No peeking!

Shaq Week was great.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

These motherfuckers better do Primantis before ending the show

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

Magissima posted:

Yeah I understand Ben's Chili Bowl, but I don't love their choices for DC. I actually didn't even know Cava was a local chain, I guess I'll have to try it before the show.

I can save you some trouble: it's a very mediocre Chipotlization of greek food, and it's gonna be a two-forker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

heckyeahpathy posted:

I can save you some trouble: it's a very mediocre Chipotlization of greek food, and it's gonna be a two-forker.

I've only been there once, and I thought it was pretty good. But I do agree that Chipotle broke people's brains and every restaurant is trying to do it with their own culture's food.

There was an Indian restaurant in Nova called Banyan Tree that tried to do it, and it just didn't work. It only lasted for about a year before it closed.