Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Asuron posted:

Except in that video he says he wasn’t, shows texts to support that and that he had been trying to divorce her since 2018. Like I said watch the video, it’s a he said/she said situation. It’s a moral failing if he did it, but at the end of the day their love life isn’t our business.

Shut up, ProJared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also tons of his defense boils down to 'she has head trauma' and 'look at them, begging for donations for gender transition surgery'

like does he belong in jail, maybe not. is his ex-wife lovely, possibly. does he still suck, yes. obviously. it's insane to me that like 90% of the internet seems to be taking his side but i guess 'no consequences ever for dude who makes mediocre final fantasy reviews' is pretty standard internet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

He never blames the head trauma itself, he just says the two stories don't line up because one the stories places Charlie at home getting talked to and the other story places them in the hospital where they don't remember anything and says that they themselves have no memory of anything around that point.

Endorph posted:

The fact is that even if his marriage sucked and he was trying to divorce her, and even if everything was consensual, a grown married man going into 18 year old's DMs to talk to them about 'building a healthy space where we can all express ourselves sexually' and then showing them his dick is creepy as poo poo.

Yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so why are you posting in defense of him

i assure you the entire internet already has calling his ex-wife a lying whore on lockdown, your talents arent needed

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

so why are you posting in defense of him

i assure you the entire internet already has calling his ex-wife a lying whore on lockdown, your talents arent needed

Don't put words in my mouth, it's really not needed champ.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

The fact is that even if his marriage sucked and he was trying to divorce her, and even if everything was consensual, a grown married man going into 18 year old's DMs to talk to them about 'building a healthy space where we can all express ourselves sexually' and then showing them his dick is creepy as poo poo.

No one is arguing it isn’t creepy he did that jesus christ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, sorry. I'm just insanely frustrated that this poo poo works. His sub base is rebuilding, 90% of his old youtube friends are refollowing him, tweets mocking his ex-wife have thousands of likes. Dudes don't get punished for anything, any time it seems like they might is pure illusion. Even if he didn't commit any actual crimes he still doesn't deserve to be in any position of minor social power or fame with that kind of behavior, but here we are.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He never blames the head trauma itself, he just says the two stories don't line up because one the stories places Charlie at home getting talked to and the other story places them in the hospital where they don't remember anything and says that they themselves have no memory of anything around that point.

Shut up Justice Kavanaugh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Yeah, sorry. I'm just insanely frustrated that this poo poo works. His sub base is rebuilding, 90% of his old youtube friends are refollowing him, tweets mocking his ex-wife have thousands of likes. Dudes don't get punished for anything, any time it seems like they might is pure illusion. Even if he didn't commit any actual crimes he still doesn't deserve to be in any position of minor social power or fame with that kind of behavior, but here we are.

I get that, but also a honest question- when I click her trending tag on twitter I just see people believing her and also sending her cat pictures. Everyone else is just saying "wow this is turning into he said/she said I'm out." which is kind of where I'm at personally. Where are you seeing all the angry tweets and the like?

(I swear I'm not calling you a liar or anything, I don't use twitter all that much so I genuinely don't see much of it)

E: Went back and it's mostly people just saying she blocked them now and that people shouldn't jump to believe everything right away, so it is shifting from when I looked earlier. I didn't see anything calling her names or anything though.

StealthArcher posted:

Shut up Justice Kavanaugh.

Stop

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 28, 2019

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
Famous youtuber pressures teenagers into sending him sexually explicit images, but some of them Were No Angels so it's fine, really.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I get that, but also a honest question- when I click her trending tag on twitter I just see people believing her and also sending her cat pictures. Everyone else is just saying "wow this is turning into he said/she said I'm out." which is kind of where I'm at personally. Where are you seeing all the angry tweets and the like?

(I swear I'm not calling you a liar or anything, I don't use twitter all that much so I genuinely don't see much of it)

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/1166449995156983809

one of the biggest youtubers for starters

and also the replies to every tweet she made

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Ah, I stopped looking at replies to tweets after Etika due to most of them just being clown emoji's and people acting like human dumpsters.

Keemstar just stirs the pot so I'm not really surprised. The one video I saw of him was when this started and he was calling Holly a "side ho" and kinda never wanted to look at him again so hell, fair.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Maybe trying to justify a creepy guy getting into the mental health of 18 year olds he quite obviously used his position of power/influence to creepily interact with is a bad look.

Maybe we should not do that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

outside of everything else, i don't really think a forty minute video posted to your business channel weeks later is really the best way to clarify for the record that in these two specific instances you very definitely did not break the law while sexually predating your fanbase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*while sexually manipulating a mentally ill teenager* now, are you eighteen? *cops and soldiers throw a huge parade for me, mayor gives me the key to the city, shake hands with john cena and michael jordan*

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Endorph posted:

*while sexually manipulating a mentally ill teenager* now, are you eighteen? *cops and soldiers throw a huge parade for me, mayor gives me the key to the city, shake hands with john cena and michael jordan*

It's called ephebephilia and it's totally natural ron paul 2004

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Say it to a mirror, Brett.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He was in a open relationship that for a good while Heidi apparently supported. It's been awhile but I don't think anything happened once they were told to knock it off other than just contacting each other as friends?

I honestly might be getting mixed up or miss-remembering in which case please do correct me but I think she was seeing another guy too, he was just never name dropped.

the story was that they tried the polyamory thing, she started up some kind of online relationship, realized that she wasn't comfortable with the polyamory thing cause of holly, and then stopped all of that

idk seem to think that singular screenshot he puts in the vid are really damning but. i absolutely believe that the guy who created a space for soliciting nudes from his fanbase, and then kept escalating it in secret, would cheat on his wife. like he has seemed pretty duplicitous and vague throughout all of this and this video just continues the trend, making a 1 minute explanation of "well....I guess I shouldn't have done that" coupled with 30 minutes of shifting focus onto these two teenagers who, tbh, did anyone care that much about these two in particular? nice magic trick

Also he says "dont harass heidi" but then is just perfectly fine with keemstar calling her a lying whore lol. idk. gently caress him. he has a cool looking room.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
Yeah, but their divorce took multiple months instead of normal divorces where a woods witch casts a magic spell and rewrites the past so you were never married in the first place so clearly it's his wife's fault.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even if you are in a polyamorous relationship the point of that relationship is communication and trust. seems to me he could have at least told his ex-wife about his tumblr sex ring, and also opened every interaction with his tumblr sex ring is 'btw im married, my wife is cool with it but let me know if you aren't', which he doesn't seem to have done because while him being married wasn't a hidden secret or anything he doesn't seem to have made a point of emphasizing that he was

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dang ol' big dick jared, can't bring him down.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Guy's got an ugly dick, big or no.

No, I didn't go out of my way to see it either.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait, what!? Mieville too?

This is the set of allegations against Mieville that I've seen.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Endorph posted:

pretty much. from my readings it seems like it ended like all open marrages do and he said gently caress it and started breaking all the boundries for bird lady and detroyed another marrage. but yeah, the dude is a gross weirdo who gaslight women and girls for nudes. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Endorph posted:

and also tons of his defense boils down to 'she has head trauma' and 'look at them, begging for donations for gender transition surgery'

like does he belong in jail, maybe not. is his ex-wife lovely, possibly. does he still suck, yes. obviously. it's insane to me that like 90% of the internet seems to be taking his side but i guess 'no consequences ever for dude who makes mediocre final fantasy reviews' is pretty standard internet.

i am sadded that people are taking his side now. its clear that even if the open marriage was anthony burch levels bad, it doesn't give him the right to pressure women/girls into nude pics and other creepy poo poo. it also doesn't help he is basically pulling the kavanaugh defense.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

To be frank, really incompetent reporting and perspective certainly helps this poo poo fester. Placido Domingo spent several decades sexually harassing women under the threat of blacklisting. How do you cover this "fairly"? Spend way more time on someone describing what he did to someone, center on how he bemoans his actions and how "you can no longer do things like nowadays" and hope for a "witch hunt" perspective that glosses over what happened if they said "no" to his advances. Hope no one bothers to actually read the full piece in English and if someone let's say, bothers to translate that into Portuguese and post it on a newspaper, have a pundit "go on leave" and then whine about it to another competing newspaper about them going "Full feminazi".

God I hate Portuguese newspapers so much. At least US pundits actually get poo poo for pulling stuff like this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

YouTube keeps recommending me the backlog of Jim Sterling's loot box critiques from 2017. It's wild how much the AAA industry added to that mechanic in such a short amount of time before EA ruined the party for everyone with Battlefront II. Before discovering his channel, I was under the impression that 2017 was the year that video games were starting to turn the corner after the previous year was rather underwhelming, but I was wrong.

Granted, it's been confined solely to Western AAA publishers, but they still hold enormous influence.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

Granted, it's been confined solely to Western AAA publishers, but they still hold enormous influence.
Let me tell you about a thing called gacha.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
seriously if anything the joke is how far behind we are in getting 'loot boxes' at all considering how many asian games incorporate gatcha stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mobile games, once poised to threaten thirty-year Nintendo’s grip on the handheld market, quickly fell apart when publishers approach them as evergreen revenue sources than like, a product.

Finding games for your phone that aren’t inundated with microtransactions or grindy elements that turn the game into a loving chore.

A good 7-8 years ago, I had like ten folders filled with games I bought on the app store. Now I rarely get anything except older stuff I missed or ports of older console games. It’s telling that I can’t even play goddamn Mario without being forced to undergo a fifteen-minute tutorial on how the game has been gutted so you pay for the chunks.

And it was supposed to be a game you just paid ten bucks for once to unlock all the stages.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endorph posted:

I know Keemstar is trash, but why does he censor himself?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This ProJared guy doesn't seem very professional!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Leal posted:

This ProJared guy doesn't seem very professional!

What do you mean he's just a sweet boy that loves birds!

https://twitter.com/hollyconrad/status/1166709662013509633?s=21

:chloe:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I know Keemstar is trash, but why does he censor himself?

Twitter has a YouTube like algorithm for how much it shows off your tweets except even dumber somehow. A lot of people even self-censor words like "kill". Supposedly saying "slut" or "bimbo" in a reply, in any context, gets you automatically instantly suspended.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Google is very dedicated to making sure it never has to pay people to do a task.

Literalman
Jul 31, 2019
Off topic, but Todd in the Shadows is gonna be uploading exclusive content to his Patreon starting next week , so that should be interesting. Who knows maybe we will get another top ten list as another tier.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Todd seems to already be putting 100% into the stuff that goes on YouTube, and he didn't seem to be saying any of his regular reviews would be going behind the paywall. My guess is the exclusive stuff will be more low-effort stuff like vlogs, commentary, or Q&A. Basically stuff he where he doesn't have to spend hours scripting, editing, doing multiple takes so he can pump it out in a day and get back to agonizing over the new Taylor Swift single or whatever.

Also, "off topic"? Your post was more on-topic than like the last 20

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It is still funny to me that a bird loving woman found a bird looking man to have gross weird sex with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Macaluso posted:

What do you mean he's just a sweet boy that loves birds!

https://twitter.com/hollyconrad/status/1166709662013509633?s=21

:chloe:

"but puddin, i love the birdies". "be quiet, holly".

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Geossi13/status/1166440753876361218

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Who's Guts in this scenario? It's Ross isn't it.

(Shaun is Skull Knight)