Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Glad the dogs beat UMass so my wife can't brag about being from a better hockey school than me. Now back to hoping umd sinks into the lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

BUG JUG posted:

Glad the dogs beat UMass so my wife can't brag about being from a better hockey school than me. Now back to hoping umd sinks into the lake.

It's on top of the hill.

edit:

I assume that UMD will have to rebuild the D corps again this year after Mikey, Samberg, and maybe Scotty leave. Wolffy doesn't seem to get any NHL interest, so maybe he'll be the C next year. Perunovich might stay one more to put on weight, but if the Blues ask I'm sure he'll go.

Our forward group loses a ton of leadership that will be tough to replace. That said, unless Noah Cates and Swaney bolt the forward lines should be very productive. Reinforcements for forward on on the way. If you hate watching UMD grind your team into a fine dust in the corners you will absolutely hate Luke Loheit. The 19 class will be better than 18, and I loving love the 18 forward class.

If we can win another Natty before 2021 I will be ecstatic. Because in 2021 we get Blake Biondi and Jack Smith, and those guys are going to break college hockey for 2 or 3 years.

edit2: Tufte is gone. Brady Meyer is his replacement as Big Guy From Northern Suburbs Who Scored A Lot in Highschool.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 18, 2019

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It's on top of the hill.

edit:

I assume that UMD will have to rebuild the D corps again this year after Mikey, Samberg, and maybe Scotty leave. Wolffy doesn't seem to get any NHL interest, so maybe he'll be the C next year. Perunovich might stay one more to put on weight, but if the Blues ask I'm sure he'll go.

Our forward group loses a ton of leadership that will be tough to replace. That said, unless Noah Cates and Swaney bolt the forward lines should be very productive. Reinforcements for forward on on the way. If you hate watching UMD grind your team into a fine dust in the corners you will absolutely hate Luke Loheit. The 19 class will be better than 18, and I loving love the 18 forward class.

If we can win another Natty before 2021 I will be ecstatic. Because in 2021 we get Blake Biondi and Jack Smith, and those guys are going to break college hockey for 2 or 3 years.

edit2: Tufte is gone. Brady Meyer is his replacement as Big Guy From Northern Suburbs Who Scored A Lot in Highschool.

Hills erode.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

True enough.

If we lose guys like Mikey, Samberg, Wolff, and Perunovich, we have some good players in the pipeline like Quinn Olson, William Francis, and Darian Gotz who could all get called in. Ideally they'd have some more time to develop before we need them, but on the other hand if next year ended up largely burned due to developing new players, the 2020 season could be lit.

Not that guys like Samberg and Anderson can really be replaced. Those two are good as gently caress at both ends and should have solid NHL careers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BGFalconHockey/status/1119601618599546880

Pretty much expected. Eigner was one of Bergeron's asstants for a long time at BG, maybe for Bergeron's entire BG stretch.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jurgen Klopp coaches hockey too?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

the best NCAA tournament gif remains:

https://i.imgur.com/romhSUT.mp4

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Jurgen Klopp coaches hockey too?

lmao goddamnit how have I never noticed that

Neodoomium posted:

this is a legit all-timer lol

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Scooter Vaughan is black. It's almost guaranteed angry North Dakota guy is yelling something racist at him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Neodoomium posted:

https://i.imgur.com/romhSUT.mp4

only because the other gif is in the WCHA tournament

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

only because the other gif is in the WCHA tournament

I know exactly what one you're referring to and that's exactly why it isn't #1

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

went back to the first page to get it

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/843820190915854336

also found:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

hot take: aha is going to be a "good" conference this year insofar as their autobid won't be a complete embarrassment

:colbert:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

As long as you get to play SCSU or MSU in the first round you will never truly be an embarrassment. A couple Husky fans at my office say they are most disappointed they didn't get to play UMD in the Championship, but deep down they gotta know we would have broken their hearts again.

In other news, UMD Stores ordered some of these for folks who need to complete their collections

:getin:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Samberg, Wolff, and Shepard are all staying for 19-20. We lost Mikey and that stings bad, but if Perunovich stays and Roehl can step up we should be ok. The 2nd defensive pairing will lose production, because Roehl is absolutely not on Mikey's level, but he's still good.

A three-peat is absolutely on the table. UND and Denver should be good, SCSU will probably look way different even if they don't suck, UMass will definitely suck and maybe Providence.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

most of the WCHA is fed up with the distant teams of the WCHA

BGSU posted:

Seven prominent NCAA Division I men's hockey playing institutions have announced the exploration of a new Division I men's hockey conference that would begin play with the 2021-2022 season. The seven institutions include: Bemidji State University; Bowling Green State University; Ferris State University; Lake Superior State University; Michigan Technological University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; and Northern Michigan University.

The group is comprised of institutions rich in history and tradition with a strong commitment to academic and athletic excellence. They are like-minded in their goals and aspirations for the potential new league with a focus on improving regional alignment and the overall student-athlete experience while building natural rivalries within a more compact geographic footprint.

The potential new conference is also committed to providing the best possible collegiate hockey experience for its student-athletes, fans, and all stakeholders. Finally, the group would plan to establish itself as an elite hockey conference that would have the highest standards for overall competitiveness and rigorous non-conference scheduling, along with a level of institutional investment that demonstrates significant commitment to their hockey programs and facilities, while also establishing relationships with corporate partners and others that create a high degree of visibility and positive media exposure for the league.

As current members of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) men's league, the schools have independently submitted formal Letters of Notice to the conference office, initiating the withdrawal process in accordance with WCHA Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. The institutions will continue to play in the WCHA during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons.

The seven institutions have engaged Dr. Morris Kurtz, a long-time athletics administrator and noted athletics and hockey consultant, to serve as spokesperson and to assist them as the group sets out to transform the college hockey landscape.

During these initial stages of developing the potential new conference there will be no further comment from these institutions, including Presidents, Athletic Directors, and Coaches. Media inquiries should be directed to Dr. Kurtz.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Not great for college hockey overall but obviously smart for the 7. I think you could keep Alabama Huntsville. But I get not wanting Alaska's teams.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's going to be hilarious when they kick Huntsville out for ASU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

👏BRING👏 BACK 👏THE👏CCHA👏

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

It'll be like the NCHC except the best team is WMU and every other team is Omaha.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

gently caress Notre Dame

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neodoomium posted:

gently caress Notre Dame

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress Notre Dame.

UMD is adding some absolute killers to a forward group that is already loving stacked. Probably gonna be a hilarious year. The forwards that graduated all had pretty important roles, so that's the variable at play. Mackay was a big-game player like Kuhlman; Krieger dominated faceoffs through the tournament; and Exell was always making the right plays and some big ones too.

The Dogs didn't lose all the players I assumed they would. Samberg, Scotty, and Shep returning is nuts. Replacing Mikey is going to be extremely tough.

I'm guessing they stayed because taking another run at a championship is guaranteed to be way more fun than getting buried on the depth chart and missing the playoffs for the Albany River Rats or whatever. Zach Parise left UND the year before they went to a title game. Instead of playing for a championship with his brother, he got to ride around on a bus for one of the shittiest teams in the AHL.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 28, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've got some time this weekend, I'll do up a new season OP soon enough. what stupid band or internet references should I use this time?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

match all the teams to Blink-182 albums or something

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

match all the teams to Blink-182 albums or something

lol i like this idea

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

slapshot quotes

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Match every team to a drawing from r/imsorryjon

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Name everything the "gently caress Notre Dame" division

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neodoomium posted:

Name everything the "gently caress Notre Dame" division

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Please explain this extraordinary Notre Dame hate for us digital wanderers on the outside looking in.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Notre Dame hate is by no means extraordinary in NCAA Hockey. Rivalry is central to fandom.

My two favorite teams are North Dakota and whoever's playing Minnesota.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wide stance posted:

Please explain this extraordinary Notre Dame hate for us digital wanderers on the outside looking in.

They're an easy school to hate for all kinds of reasons. Picture the general loathing for teams like the Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees, LA Lakers, etc.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Notre Dame/Ohio State hate is mostly imported from football because outside of a very few schools football is a way bigger deal than hockey. Pretty much the only teams with hockey specific rivalries are the ones that don't play D1 football and whoever their rivals are.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

who the gently caress exists in a world outside of hating notre dame

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

wide stance posted:

They loving suck, op.

If you hate OSU and Notre Dame you should love UMD.https://i.imgur.com/K29yhZ0.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/xj6smMD.gifv

Don't forget Michigan. gently caress Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqjBvwU5rs

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Notre Dame and their fans are all cops