Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

If we're looking at 10-19 PM, the top for me is Bloodbound's latest, Twilight Force's debut, and Dire Peril's from last year. Everything you've mentioned is good to great, but those 3 are exactly my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price
jfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5TmcuYR60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1b7xiuvO9g

educate yourselves

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've heard both, Wrathblade's first album is better than Eternal Champion's. I guess I just like my PM euro and cheesy.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

We Know Catheters posted:

Faith No More's cover is better than the original

gently caress yes. The vocals ruin it.

The first time I heard it was on headphones on acid, I didn't know what it was, I recognised it as war pigs but I thought the acid had transformed it into a massive modern tone.

Honestly FNM has amazing tone on that song. The vocals bite (I love Patton but not on that song).

Can't believe I only really started getting in FNM this year. gently caress they own

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

And ATHIEST

So underrated IMO.

Piece of Time is a masterpiece. Wish I could catch that show.

They are one of my favorite bands of all time and basically guaranteed that I'm going, but it should be noted that it's just Kelly and a bunch of hired guns.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Im looking for some MASSIVE death metal bass bombs. Mortician and Epicardiectomy are scratching the itch but give me the hugest bass bombs you got the bigger and stupider the better

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kvlt! posted:

Im looking for some MASSIVE death metal bass bombs. Mortician and Epicardiectomy are scratching the itch but give me the hugest bass bombs you got the bigger and stupider the better

Big and stupid? I got u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEHMdzTsic

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Henchman of Santa posted:

They are one of my favorite bands of all time and basically guaranteed that I'm going, but it should be noted that it's just Kelly and a bunch of hired guns.

Oh wtf it doesnt even have Steve Flynn anymore?!

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Kvlt! posted:

Cephalic Carnage "Cryptosporidium" has some hilarious subwoofer thumps. Depending on what you're listening on, they'll either sound amazing, drown out everything else, or not even register.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wyzt posted:

Oh wtf it doesnt even have Steve Flynn anymore?!

Nope, it's some guy who's my age that played in Jungle Rot for a minute. It's Kelly and a bunch of 20-somethings.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Von Sloneker posted:

Cephalic Carnage "Cryptosporidium" has some hilarious subwoofer thumps. Depending on what you're listening on, they'll either sound amazing, drown out everything else, or not even register.

Both of these are hitting the spot. Great stuff. Thank you!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Kvlt! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_7ZDTU6Em0

1:27

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I gave myself a concussion last night headbanging to Maiden. :lol:

About 4 songs it really hurt! Never felt that before -- getting old? Lack of drink or food? Who knows - but I am ok today - what a loving show - how the gently caress are these guys still killing it like crazy when a ton of other bands their age can't perform like this. Unless I am missing the after show where they are hooked up to machines pumping rich people lifeblood into em.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

About 4 songs it really hurt! Never felt that before -- getting old? Lack of drink or food? Who knows - but I am ok today - what a loving show - how the gently caress are these guys still killing it like crazy when a ton of other bands their age can't perform like this. Unless I am missing the after show where they are hooked up to machines pumping rich people lifeblood into em.

i may be completely off base but something about that band just screams "complete professionalism" and not in a lame way, but in a way that lets them play as a band in perpetuity.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Steve Harris must have the strongest fingers on his right hand in the world.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Vintersorg posted:

pact with a demon

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The only one who looked a bit gassed was Dave Murray & Adrian Smith BUT I was opposite sides to them so for all I know they could have been dancing. Steve is a monster. Janick was throwing his guitar 50 feet into the air and catching it, twirling it around like it was a little stick and not a freaking guitar. Dave was all smiles throughout - just loving ripping it up. Bruce still has the pipes too - what the hell.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Maybe they are actually the gods of metal

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price

Vintersorg posted:

Congrats on your bangover.

Much like hangovers, they get worse with age.

Random aside, took a pic last night of every pin I owned together:

Particularly fond of that DBTO pin in the upper left.

Also, yes, I like Slough Feg a lot. They're my favorite band ever.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I like that fancy Pagan Alter one. :)

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Maybe they are actually the gods of metal

If I had to believe something it would be this.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If it's anyone it's Iron loving Maiden

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Steve Harris must have the strongest fingers on his right hand in the world.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shamed posted:

Also, yes, I like Slough Feg a lot. They're my favorite band ever.

Slough Feg fuckin rules now and forever. I owe it to them for getting me into Manilla Road and Brocas Helm and such.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Janick was throwing his guitar 50 feet into the air and catching it, twirling it around like it was a little stick and not a freaking guitar.

That's easy to do when your guitar's not plugged in and you don't have to worry about playing.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

The only one who looked a bit gassed was Dave Murray & Adrian Smith BUT I was opposite sides to them so for all I know they could have been dancing. Steve is a monster. Janick was throwing his guitar 50 feet into the air and catching it, twirling it around like it was a little stick and not a freaking guitar. Dave was all smiles throughout - just loving ripping it up. Bruce still has the pipes too - what the hell.

Saw them last year maybe for the 7th time, I poo poo you not it was probably their best performance I've ever witnessed (first time I saw em was in 2005)

Jawdropping setlist, great energy, I couldn't believe it

Iron Maiden conquer all, they are the best band to have ever existed, I don't care what anyone says.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

pact with a demon

you mean Eddie?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

We Know Catheters posted:

Faith No More's cover is better than the original

This is triggering to some posters, imo. Although I am of the same opinion

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there's a reason mike bordin played in ozzy's band after faith no more broke up, and it wasn't just to help sharon screw lee kerslake out of royalties

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Saw Insomnium on Wednesday before going on a mini tour of our own. I snapped some good pictures and hopefully I can upload them here, but right now I'm still shaking from how loving good it was. :rock:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can you talk about slipknot here? Lol

The new album is pretty fun!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

posted vids in the -core thread bc idk if people here hate either band, but new Rings of Saturn and new Infant Annihilator songs dropped today

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I thought it was utterly devoid of feeling. And not in a good way either, just uninspired.

This is coming from someone whose favorite band in 2001 was Slipknot.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Unleash the Archers are putting out a little EP of two covers in October, and just released one of them in YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD3vrSLPaw

It starts off really good and gets better from there. gently caress I love this band so much.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's a lot of reverb.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I mean, it's metal, so yeah. And, like it has all the problems that previous Slipknot records do, but goddamn does it have some killer riffs to make up for it.

Also, heard the new Tool record and... I'll admit to being a Tool fanboy back during the Ænima-Lateralus period (hell, I even memorized the alt combinations for the æ/Æ because middle-school-through-early-college me was a hopeless loving dork) and so I feel like it's difficult for me to be 100% objective wrt these 4 chumps, but if I had to define the record in one damning word, it's "stagnant".

Slipknot is releasing new material in TYOOL 2019 that doesn't feel this rotted out, Sleep released The Sciences last year and, while it's what you'd expect from a trio of stoners, it still rules real hard for a doomy/stoner metal trip. Hell, At the Gates' two post-reunion records don't feel this stagnant. Tool's new record just kinda feels like... I dunno, a wet fart of a record?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
That's because Tool have always been bad

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the two minutes to late night folks did a review of the new tool and said maynard sounds like jewel but angry

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the two minutes to late night folks did a review of the new tool and said maynard sounds like jewel but angry
That's so perfect, ye gods! :cawg:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Here are some new prog singles that aren't Tool:
Voyager getting very 80s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFRCJzHN8I
And Leprous continuing on roughly the same path as their last album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPwBSaJmgI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Leprous are so good, they might be favourite modern prog metal band now. Them or Haken.

This live version of Contaminate Me is so intense, Ihsahn's vocals are absolutely on point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-vJwCVJvk