Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It makes people angry in the way that giving money to people who think gays don't deserve civil rights and actively campaign to keep them from having those rights makes people angry.

Good.

Gooooood.

Edit for top of page content: getting some CFA tonight. Popeyes cant run a business in my city.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Popeyes shouldve invented a functioning restaurant before they tried to invent a sandwich.

I went there to get one, and saw an old man completely rage out because he'd waited for 30 minutes in line and they didn't bother telling anyone in the restaurant the sandwich had run out, until they got to the register.

I turned around and left immediately, but the line was still crazy.. They could've simply announced to the crowd they were out, and 2/3 of the line would've left the restaurant.

But their employees are critically undertrained.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lmao at the idea of an old man standing in line for 30 minutes to eat a fast food sandwich trying to argue that his time is precious and valuable

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

chik fil a sucks dick and being in one is loving creepy with all the demon crackers and whatnot

I mean I can't bring myself to be this mad about it. I just don't find it all that impressive.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the chicken sandwich is ok but the spinach sandwich is where the mustard is

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I tried to get the popeyes sandwich the other day but they're completely out and not getting anymore for a while, but i was craving a chicken sandwich by that point so i heard shake shack had a good one

it was fantastic, it actually looked like the pictures so i'm pretty sure Shake Shack has the best chicken sandwich.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kak posted:

i just ate a bologna sandwich on white bread with kraft cheese food product and a big rear end dollop of hellman's mayonaise

gimme one

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Has that rat like child in a suit reviewed one?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I go to Popeyes for lunch a couple times a year and tried to go last week and there was like 15 cars in the goddamn drive through so I went to Habit Grill and paid $12.02 for a medium chicken sandwich combo

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

While I'm sure it's a good sandwich. The fact that it's at Popeyes and every moron in the world wants one is really the worst thing in a long time!

Like, can I just get some spicy fried chicken? Why do I gotta wait in line for 30 minutes so you fucks can get your counterfeit chick-fil-a?

Good News, Popeye’s is out of Chicken Sandwiches nationwide. Our relatively short national nightmare is over.

https://twitter.com/popeyeschicken/status/1166443046361153537?s=21

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mikemil828 posted:

Good News, Popeye’s is out of Chicken Sandwiches nationwide. Our relatively short national nightmare is over.

Excellent. Now I can go get some regular spicy fried chicken!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I dont even think Popeye invented chicken

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
How deep does this go?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Kharnifex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-exROcuLp8

i have not watched this and also i believe that rat boy is a man grown

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009
I usually just eat the chicken and save the bread to wipe my rear end with later. It's more absorbent than paper and softer on my tender anus

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kharnifex posted:

Hello, this is runningonempty...

Food!

Review!

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

mikemil828 posted:

Heh. I figured that meant they discontinued them due to all the videos of fights and negative press. But they didn't... they actually tried to make sure that they could meet demand in their supply chain until the end of September, and they already exhausted the supply. They literally sold out.

Build more farms I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Telebite posted:

Heh. I figured that meant they discontinued them due to all the videos of fights and negative press. But they didn't... they actually tried to make sure that they could meet demand in their supply chain until the end of September, and they already exhausted the supply. They literally sold out.

There were literal fights? On the scale of Youtube restaurant fights (which runs from Chuck E Cheese to Wafflehouse) where did they fall? I'm gonna go find some.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
umm Chick Fil A is soggy bullshit what are you even on about OP, can't vouch for a chicken sandwhich at Popeyes though you're probably an idiot because they have options where you can just buy a bucket of the chicken and avoid dumb extravagances like buns or lettuce

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'm back. The fights are pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7vgOAhBiWw

I'm ready to go on the record:

Videos of people getting into a fight at a restaurant:
Wafflehouse > Popeyes > McDonalds > Chuck E. Cheese

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I ate chicken sandwiches at Popeye's in South Korea semi regularly over a decade ago. It was the only western style restaurant within walking distance of my apartment there.

I've never been to one here in the States, but the idea that Popeye's chicken sandwiches are some sort of heavenly novelty is hurting my head.

Korean Pizza Hut had sweet potatoes and bulgogi available as a topping (which was pretty good as I remember), maybe they should try that over here and see what happens.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
chick-hate-gay

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
For the record Popeye’s has had various chicken sandwiches over the years in the States as well, just not this particular style of sandwich (southern chicken sandwich?).

I missed the initial launch, so I have a question for those of you who managed to get a taste. How does the flavor compare to the regular/spicy chicken tenders? If it’s basically the same thing, just not cut up, I may as well just order a 3 piece and slap a pickle and some bread around it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they should come out with a chicken fried steak sandwich

id get beefy on that

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
I named my chicken sandwich Megatron because I can't put it down.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The dumbest thing about Chick-fil-A is that the person at the window hands your food to a person standing outside the window who gives it to you. Why the gently caress does it take three people to do a two person transaction?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chief McHeath posted:

The dumbest thing about Chick-fil-A is that the person at the window hands your food to a person standing outside the window who gives it to you. Why the gently caress does it take three people to do a two person transaction?

It’s why we are at peak employment

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Chinatown posted:

they should come out with a chicken fried steak sandwich

id get beefy on that

The crappy Tex Mex place near me used to have a chicken fried steak breakfast burrito. The idea was solid, but their execution left a lot to be desired.

Still ate it.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

smoobles posted:

Popeyes shouldve invented a functioning restaurant before they tried to invent a sandwich.

I went there to get one, and saw an old man completely rage out because he'd waited for 30 minutes in line and they didn't bother telling anyone in the restaurant the sandwich had run out, until they got to the register.
people are lininv up even when they post a sign that they're out of sandwiches

me, i don't believe the sandwiches ever existed

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol if you dont just buy a shitload of chicken strips and biscuits and makes sandwiches out of them after covering the strips in sweet baby rays.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chief McHeath posted:

To limit the potential gay transference from customer to staff to food prep

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
You know, I got one two weeks in a row real early on, before the tweeting and whatnot. I thought they were fine. Next thing I'm hearing online how it's all sold out. Really? I haven't gone back to check, but it sounds ridiculous.

So I decided to go to one of the competitors and got a Chicken Shack from Shake Shack, but that is one dry sandwich.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Why is everyone all about chicken sandwhiches all of the sudden?

Fish sandwhiches are where it at.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had the sandwich a day before it blew up on twitter and it was a good sandwich. The piece of chicken was thicker/jucier than their tenders and there was enough mayo to really help it slide down easy. The amount of hype is completely overkill because now you have people going like "HUH I don't get it it's just a CHICKEN SANDWICH" yeah motherfucker it's always been just a chicken sandwich.

I feel bad for the employees getting berated at for something they have no control over but it really is kind of crazy how much this has exposed pretty much every Popeyes across the country for being terribly understaffed and poorly managed. Like, everybody always has the same story about their local Popeyes being disorganized, and how on a good day there's about a 50% chance something in your order will be wrong. The popeyes near my work is in a strip mall kind of area and the line for the drive thru wraps around to the parking lot in front of the other stores. I went the other day to see if I could get one and the line was so long it was blocking all the parking spots for the 4 businesses next to them.

The sandwich is good but their spicy tenders is where it's at.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

Lol wtf, that's insane.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

spacetoaster posted:

Why is everyone all about chicken sandwhiches all of the sudden?

Fish sandwhiches are where it at.

Up until last week, I hadn't eaten a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant in approximately two months. More often than not, when I do order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant, it is a Filet- O- Fish (R) sandwich from McDonald's(R). Last Friday however, I was at the Burger King (R) restaurant located close to my apartment, when I remembered that as part of a summer promotion, their fish sandwiches were "Buy one, get one free" on Fridays. I had never eaten a Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich before, in fact, I had never even seen one. But, because I love a bargain and was in the mood for something besides burgers, I decided to order the fish sandwich(es) "to- go". As soon as the friendly counterperson handed me the bag containing the two fish sandwiches, I was surprised at how heavy the bag was. As I walked away from the counter, I peered into the bag and saw that the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches were quite large. In fact, they appeared to be huge. I looked- up the BK Big Fish (R) sandwich on the wall- mounted nutrition chart in the restaurant and read that this fish sandwich weighs over four ounces.

When I got home, I wasted no tme in opening one of the BK Big Fish (R) sandwiches. I was very impressed and amazed at what I saw. Compared to the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R), the Burger King (R) sandwich looked humongous. To me, the circumference of the BK Big Fish (R) easily appeared to be as large as a Burger King (R) Whopper (R). The sandwich contains a sizeable golden- brown, breaded fish filet nestled in a large flavorful bun. Accented by crisp, green lettuce and very tasty Tartar Sauce, this fish sandwich means business. Upon taking my first bite of the sandwich, I thought to myself "This sandwich is awesome". The fish filet possesses a clean taste of the ocean that is mild, yet very authentic and pleasing. I was being as objective as possible, regarding my opinion of the sandwich. After all, I'm still a big fan of McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R). Something that I noticed immediately was that there was no cheese on the Burger King (R) fish sandwich. Although the sandwich tasted great, I think that the addition of some cheese would put it over- the- top. The BK Big Fish (R) sandwich is so big, that I only ate 3/4 of one sandwich and refrigerated the remainder, to be microwaved later, along with the other sandwich..

Two days ago, I was in downtown Hartford, Connecticut and passed a McDonald's (R) restaurant. I was fairly hungry, so I went in, remembering the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches that I had consumed a few days earlier. I ordered a Filet- O- Fish and ate it at the restaurant. As I sat and ate, I examined the sandwich closely, mentally comparing the two varieties of fish sandwiches. No question, that the BK Big Fish (R) was bigger, but the Filet- O- Fish is no slouch of a sandwich, either. The question was; Which sandwich was more satisfying ? Strictly from a quantity point of view, the BK Big Fish (R) is more filling. From a flavor, or taste perspective, it's close to a draw, or tie. Each of these fish sandwiches possesses its own attributes. The Burger King (R) sandwich, to me, has more of a "seafood", or real fish taste. The McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish maintains more of a "fast food" taste, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With its delicious yellowish- orange cheese and top- rate Tartar Sauce, the Filet- O- Fish (R) is a classic American product that I absolutely love. To be quite honest about it, I'm very glad that I tried the Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich. In the future, I would like to continue eating both types of fish sandwiches. These sandwiches are similarly- priced and are regular menu items. Nutritionally, the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish contains 380 calories, with 18 grams of total fat. The Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) contains 640 calories, with 32 grams of total fat.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kak posted:

Up until last week, I hadn't eaten a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant in approximately two months. More often than not, when I do order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant, it is a Filet- O- Fish (R) sandwich from McDonald's(R). Last Friday however, I was at the Burger King (R) restaurant located close to my apartment, when I remembered that as part of a summer promotion, their fish sandwiches were "Buy one, get one free" on Fridays. I had never eaten a Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich before, in fact, I had never even seen one. But, because I love a bargain and was in the mood for something besides burgers, I decided to order the fish sandwich(es) "to- go". As soon as the friendly counterperson handed me the bag containing the two fish sandwiches, I was surprised at how heavy the bag was. As I walked away from the counter, I peered into the bag and saw that the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches were quite large. In fact, they appeared to be huge. I looked- up the BK Big Fish (R) sandwich on the wall- mounted nutrition chart in the restaurant and read that this fish sandwich weighs over four ounces.

When I got home, I wasted no tme in opening one of the BK Big Fish (R) sandwiches. I was very impressed and amazed at what I saw. Compared to the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R), the Burger King (R) sandwich looked humongous. To me, the circumference of the BK Big Fish (R) easily appeared to be as large as a Burger King (R) Whopper (R). The sandwich contains a sizeable golden- brown, breaded fish filet nestled in a large flavorful bun. Accented by crisp, green lettuce and very tasty Tartar Sauce, this fish sandwich means business. Upon taking my first bite of the sandwich, I thought to myself "This sandwich is awesome". The fish filet possesses a clean taste of the ocean that is mild, yet very authentic and pleasing. I was being as objective as possible, regarding my opinion of the sandwich. After all, I'm still a big fan of McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R). Something that I noticed immediately was that there was no cheese on the Burger King (R) fish sandwich. Although the sandwich tasted great, I think that the addition of some cheese would put it over- the- top. The BK Big Fish (R) sandwich is so big, that I only ate 3/4 of one sandwich and refrigerated the remainder, to be microwaved later, along with the other sandwich..

Two days ago, I was in downtown Hartford, Connecticut and passed a McDonald's (R) restaurant. I was fairly hungry, so I went in, remembering the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches that I had consumed a few days earlier. I ordered a Filet- O- Fish and ate it at the restaurant. As I sat and ate, I examined the sandwich closely, mentally comparing the two varieties of fish sandwiches. No question, that the BK Big Fish (R) was bigger, but the Filet- O- Fish is no slouch of a sandwich, either. The question was; Which sandwich was more satisfying ? Strictly from a quantity point of view, the BK Big Fish (R) is more filling. From a flavor, or taste perspective, it's close to a draw, or tie. Each of these fish sandwiches possesses its own attributes. The Burger King (R) sandwich, to me, has more of a "seafood", or real fish taste. The McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish maintains more of a "fast food" taste, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With its delicious yellowish- orange cheese and top- rate Tartar Sauce, the Filet- O- Fish (R) is a classic American product that I absolutely love. To be quite honest about it, I'm very glad that I tried the Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich. In the future, I would like to continue eating both types of fish sandwiches. These sandwiches are similarly- priced and are regular menu items. Nutritionally, the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish contains 380 calories, with 18 grams of total fat. The Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) contains 640 calories, with 32 grams of total fat.

Sir, this is a Burger King drivethrough
*wipes tear*
And what you just said has given me a reason to keep going

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a c/p right?

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
there is no child porn in that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
also i think they did this just to distract people when they took chicken dinners off the menu (and that probably worked for the most part)