Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The 7th Guest posted:

yakuza is a jrpg now sorry

That blows pretty hard, all they needed to do was keep 0's good style stuff and expand/smooth it.

Also the new MC still looks weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Love that Yakuza is finally getting the attention it deserves. Been waiting for this since the PS2 days. But hate that Sega feels the need to now drive the series into the ground. Keep slowly killing Sonic instead.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/NulXN9U.mp4

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's rad as hell that there's a new yakuza game every year, actually.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wait wasnt that an april fool's joke

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

homeless snail posted:

can't believe they cut the scene where everyone takes space amphetamines because they've been killing people nonstop for 4 hours and are extremely tired

If I have to work full time, then so can our troops

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I cleared the current raids in ffxiv tonight, feels pretty good. We oneshot the final fight after having a bunch of messy nonsense in the earlier ones this week

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Love that Yakuza is finally getting the attention it deserves. Been waiting for this since the PS2 days. But hate that Sega feels the need to now drive the series into the ground. Keep slowly killing Sonic instead.
do you mean because of the rpg stuff or there being too many yakuzas

sharrrk posted:

it was but even at the time everyone thought it looked way too good to not be at least a minigame in the next one. it replacing the action combat altogether is kinda lmao though

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

sharrrk posted:

they revealed it as an april fool's joke but it's the game's main system

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Holy poo poo they finally made a Yakuza game with ok combat

:hmmyes:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sharrrk posted:

not anymore!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i think turning yakuza 7 into a full on turn-based jrpg is rad as hell, actually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will finally enjoy playing a Yakuza game instead of hating every second I'm not watching a cutscene

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also anybody who agrees to pay-free labor like something on the scale of star bound is a spineless dipshit

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

:emptyquote:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They were 16

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

Also anybody who agrees to pay-free labor like something on the scale of star bound is a spineless dipshit
teens and young adults don't know any better, that's the whole thing about exploitation

they prey on people who think "i guess this is just how it is in the industry"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16 year olds work minimum wage jobs all the time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well i'm glad the victim blaming was accounted for at least. someone had to fill that quota and i wasn't gonna do it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they were 16 and working for free they were probably living with their parents and didn't give a gently caress or else they would ask for money for their labor.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In Training posted:

I will finally enjoy playing a Yakuza game instead of hating every second I'm not watching a cutscene

This, but the opposite for me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

If they were 16 and working for free they were probably living with their parents and didn't give a gently caress or else they would ask for money for their labor.
yeah probably, they still shoulda got paid for their work though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not excusing the person who exploited them. But I'm also just annoyed bc they're describing the entire Intern labor complex and phrasing their Twitter thread like they're accusing someone of sexual abuse.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1166942120847925248

So the devs wanted to try something different since they felt they had reached one complete style for yakuza games, if it doesn't do well, they'll happily switch back.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm not excusing the person who exploited them. But I'm also just annoyed bc they're describing the entire Intern labor complex and phrasing their Twitter thread like they're accusing someone of sexual abuse.

https://twitter.com/netgal_emi/status/1166310291484893184

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

They did ask for money for their labor. They were told they would be paid at a later date. You might call them naive for believing that but it was obviously a project of passion for a lot of them and I wouldn't berate a kid for wanting to be a part of creating something like that.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

In Training posted:

Yeah, you're right. How dare them. How dare they allow themselves to be manipulated and exploited.

Jesus christ.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Fuckin idiot 16 year old getting manipulated into working for free, if i were in their shoes i'd kick their rear end!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my buddy Superfly posted:

Fuckin idiot 16 year old getting manipulated into working for free, if i were in their shoes i'd kick their rear end!

I would.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can you imagine being a sophomore in high school and having enough free time to work free lance for an indie game publisher.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

okay, imagining it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

I hate you so much right now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The combat gameplay in the Yakuza games has never been that interesting and tended to be pretty mashy/repetitive

The cool thing about it was the heat actions and I guess they finally realized that heat actions are basically RPG summons/limit breaks

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

Can you imagine being a sophomore in high school and having enough free time to work free lance for an indie game publisher.

Yeah gently caress people for having hobbies and wanting an opportunity to turn them into careers.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Why are you trying to dunk on some teenagers for getting screwed over trying to do something they loved?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/johntv/status/1166956858411642881

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Holy poo poo they finally made a JRPG with appropriately aged and dressed characters

FTFY

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why the gently caress were their parents letting them work somewhere based on promises?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually, the Yakuza combat was fun and incredibly accessible for non-gamers, who absolutely will not have the patience for a crappy turn based JRPG grind. So, uh, good job dorks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Andrast posted:

Why the gently caress were their parents letting them work somewhere based on promises?

Do you think your parents would of known anything about making a game and the proper process for payment for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

remember in the 2000s when forums required parents' signatures to register if the person was 13 or younger

how many people do you think actually kept their age as 13 or younger in the input box and asked their parents for a signature vs. saying "i'm older than 13"