Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

That sounds like the most greedy lineup in the history of dota

You think that's greedier than their current lineup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Arzachel posted:

without a doubt

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Arzachel posted:

Abso-loving-lutely. S4 is not a greedy core at all.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

Abso-loving-lutely. S4 is not a greedy core at all.

S4 was constantly given good lane matchups and farm back on OG. I feel like he pretty much had to fall into a more sacrificial role because the other roles were fuckin' rtz and Sumail.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
the guy who last year had the correct shuffle info is +1-ing the sumail leaving eg and ramzes being their pos 3 info.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Are secret shuffle scrims going on as we speak, or do they just decide team members on the papers?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/838290825641545731?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/redbullesports/status/1166651483053613056

(ana is taking a break again)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Good for him. Seems like a much healthier way of living.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

other stuff as I catch up in the morning

lgdamafan says someone from VP is leaving to join EG - https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/cvg1u9/postti9_shuffle/ey9o9bq/

and then a bunch of stuff from this guy separated to make it easier to read - https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/cvg1u9/postti9_shuffle/eya1n86/
Liquid core four are likely staying together, w33 maybe (they placed second at TI with like no experience together would seem odd to kick him imo)
VP is only keeping two, maybe three people from their roster
Puppey is recruiting Matumbaman
Pie and Sneyking out of NAbee
Fly possibly staying with EG

e: oh, and OG is staying together but will obv need fillins for ana while he's on break

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Aren’t you from the lol thread :chloe:

I watch lots of esports, not just lol...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Ana being one of those anime characters that shows up last minute to kick rear end just confirms Notail as an anime protagonist.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I bet we see a lot of the bigger teams actually take a break and not play at every major. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sumail would just need someone to buy him out of his EG shares. not difficult

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What should happen: Valve invests in smaller tourneys. New orgs show up in T2/T3 and more players are developed sustainably. More variety of teams begin to qualify from minors as bigger orgs become selective of where/when they play. DPC is not so top heavy and teams can now qualify for TI by consistent appearances at all tiers of events.

What will happen: Valve stays silent on developing the scene. Big orgs will start making B and C squads. Underperforming players will get cycled out rapidly while overperforming players will get integrated into A squads and/or poached by other teams. Roster instability means that only big orgs get invites, so minors become bloodbaths and we get the same teams every event. DPC is once again so top heavy that most teams qualify by one flash in the pan appearance at a major.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sounds like OG could use a top tier pub 1 position, preferably Euro/Scandinavian, who wouldn't mind filling in and getting punted to the backseat in 6 months. Maybe one that is a popular streamer so that they can put Red Bull ads everywhere?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I want to see OG pull in a comedy sub. Take Kaci or Slacks to a major.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just have notail on two roles at same time like in that one game where one of their players disconnected and notail played the tiny+wisp combo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Valve invests

lol

Andrast posted:

Just have notail on two roles at same time like in that one game where one of their players disconnected and notail played the tiny+wisp combo

Time to recruit lizZard! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5t2K-lGhmw

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man Redbull must be pretty happy with their sponsorship overall huh now that I think about it

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ana "taking a break" to hide strats and valuable information from prying eyes and rest, waiting to strike.......until next ti

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Zurreco posted:

What should happen: Valve invests in smaller tourneys. New orgs show up in T2/T3 and more players are developed sustainably. More variety of teams begin to qualify from minors as bigger orgs become selective of where/when they play. DPC is not so top heavy and teams can now qualify for TI by consistent appearances at all tiers of events.

What will happen: Valve stays silent on developing the scene. Big orgs will start making B and C squads. Underperforming players will get cycled out rapidly while overperforming players will get integrated into A squads and/or poached by other teams. Roster instability means that only big orgs get invites, so minors become bloodbaths and we get the same teams every event. DPC is once again so top heavy that most teams qualify by one flash in the pan appearance at a major.

Just make Peter commissioner of dota

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Big orgs will start making B and C squads.

Didn't Valve add a clause to limit how many squads from a single org can participate at TI?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arzachel posted:

Didn't Valve add a clause to limit how many squads from a single org can participate at TI?

and?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Redbull's banner on Twitter is "You Can't Spell Pog Without OG"

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I'm now referring to OG exclusively as the back to back TI Champions, Aug

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Sounds like OG could use a top tier pub 1 position, preferably Euro/Scandinavian, who wouldn't mind filling in and getting punted to the backseat in 6 months. Maybe one that is a popular streamer so that they can put Red Bull ads everywhere?

yep, OG.Xcalibur looks like a pretty good bet

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Just make Peter commissioner of dota

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
OG can recruit PLD and Notail can piss about as carry for a few months.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Hoping for some changes to that NIP squad

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

OG can recruit PLD and Notail can piss about as carry for a few months.

Maybe Dendi, so they can score some throwback points. He's not doing anything and I figure he'd be ok leaving a few months.

EDIT also someone please buy the Io for Midas Mode 2 and make it ana's head (or the OG logo I guess).

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Arzachel posted:

Orgs still diversified and just stuck with one team as DPC worked itself out. There was an instance where some org was a subsidiary of LGD and still qualified, so I'm guessing Valve resolved that behind the scenes.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zurreco posted:

There's already people complaining about how T3ish teams are better off qualifying for the minor than the major. The 2017 season had a bunch more tournaments to try to spread things out, but most of the big teams just played them all anyway.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
xiao8 is claiming that LGD will make no changes but all the other Chinese teams will

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Picture of everyone who thought Fy was actually going to quit dota and play lol:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Picture of everyone who thought Fy was actually going to quit dota and play lol:

Yeah quitting Dota comes next year when he loses to OG in the semi finals again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Maybe Dendi, so they can score some throwback points. He's not doing anything and I figure he'd be ok leaving a few months.

EDIT also someone please buy the Io for Midas Mode 2 and make it ana's head (or the OG logo I guess).

og logo as the body, ana's head as the balls, explosion sound replaced with CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

og logo as the body, ana's head as the balls, explosion sound replaced with CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

Perfect

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtIstLQ_Qw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

not much rumor roundup today but a couple good ones

LGD is planning to stay together, though fy is taking a three month break. Also 357 (their coach?) resigned.
EE's team is supposedly: EE, Bryle, Moonmeander, Sneyking & Aui2K
Infamous is going to keep their roster together.