Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Private Cumshoe posted:

umm Chick Fil A is soggy bullshit what are you even on about OP, can't vouch for a chicken sandwhich at Popeyes though you're probably an idiot because they have options where you can just buy a bucket of the chicken and avoid dumb extravagances like buns or lettuce

Did you not read the OP at all? Jesus Christ. The problem with the sandwich is now you gotta wait 30 minutes to get the loving bucket of chicken. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I live 8n communist Europe OP and can only dream of the capitalist pig dog delights of your 'popeye'

But I agree it's a loving travesty

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Up until last week, I hadn't eaten a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant in approximately two months. More often than not, when I do order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant, it is a Filet- O- Fish (R) sandwich from McDonald's(R). Last Friday however, I was at the Burger King (R) restaurant located close to my apartment, when I remembered that as part of a summer promotion, their fish sandwiches were "Buy one, get one free" on Fridays. I had never eaten a Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich before, in fact, I had never even seen one. But, because I love a bargain and was in the mood for something besides burgers, I decided to order the fish sandwich(es) "to- go". As soon as the friendly counterperson handed me the bag containing the two fish sandwiches, I was surprised at how heavy the bag was. As I walked away from the counter, I peered into the bag and saw that the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches were quite large. In fact, they appeared to be huge. I looked- up the BK Big Fish (R) sandwich on the wall- mounted nutrition chart in the restaurant and read that this fish sandwich weighs over four ounces.

When I got home, I wasted no tme in opening one of the BK Big Fish (R) sandwiches. I was very impressed and amazed at what I saw. Compared to the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R), the Burger King (R) sandwich looked humongous. To me, the circumference of the BK Big Fish (R) easily appeared to be as large as a Burger King (R) Whopper (R). The sandwich contains a sizeable golden- brown, breaded fish filet nestled in a large flavorful bun. Accented by crisp, green lettuce and very tasty Tartar Sauce, this fish sandwich means business. Upon taking my first bite of the sandwich, I thought to myself "This sandwich is awesome". The fish filet possesses a clean taste of the ocean that is mild, yet very authentic and pleasing. I was being as objective as possible, regarding my opinion of the sandwich. After all, I'm still a big fan of McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R). Something that I noticed immediately was that there was no cheese on the Burger King (R) fish sandwich. Although the sandwich tasted great, I think that the addition of some cheese would put it over- the- top. The BK Big Fish (R) sandwich is so big, that I only ate 3/4 of one sandwich and refrigerated the remainder, to be microwaved later, along with the other sandwich..

Two days ago, I was in downtown Hartford, Connecticut and passed a McDonald's (R) restaurant. I was fairly hungry, so I went in, remembering the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches that I had consumed a few days earlier. I ordered a Filet- O- Fish and ate it at the restaurant. As I sat and ate, I examined the sandwich closely, mentally comparing the two varieties of fish sandwiches. No question, that the BK Big Fish (R) was bigger, but the Filet- O- Fish is no slouch of a sandwich, either. The question was; Which sandwich was more satisfying ? Strictly from a quantity point of view, the BK Big Fish (R) is more filling. From a flavor, or taste perspective, it's close to a draw, or tie. Each of these fish sandwiches possesses its own attributes. The Burger King (R) sandwich, to me, has more of a "seafood", or real fish taste. The McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish maintains more of a "fast food" taste, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With its delicious yellowish- orange cheese and top- rate Tartar Sauce, the Filet- O- Fish (R) is a classic American product that I absolutely love. To be quite honest about it, I'm very glad that I tried the Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich. In the future, I would like to continue eating both types of fish sandwiches. These sandwiches are similarly- priced and are regular menu items. Nutritionally, the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish contains 380 calories, with 18 grams of total fat. The Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) contains 640 calories, with 32 grams of total fat.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is Raising Canes racist or hates gays or something?

I really need to make sure I support only the most morally upright fast food places as I eat trash food that will shorten my life

I gotta know

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Captain Beans posted:

Is Raising Canes racist or hates gays or something?

Probably.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more liek....Racist Canes!!! :grin:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm so mad at the underpaid, massively overworked, exploited fast food workers who now have to deal with hordes of testy entitled customers for not giving me my loving CHICKEN SANDWICH!!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Congratulations to America for finally receiving their first (1st) chicken sandwich

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Welp, they're out of chicken sandwiches. Guess I'll have to start punching everyone.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rad-daddio posted:

Welp, they're out of chicken sandwiches. Guess I'll have to start punching everyone.

ill give you a knuckle sandwich!!!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Ugh 40 minutes!?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

i thought it was sandwich time but it turns out it was clobberin time

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chinatown posted:

more liek....Racist Canes!!! :grin:

well I guess I need to take some time to adjust my world view and become racist because like gently caress I’m gonna stop eating at canes

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

sweet thursday posted:

Ugh 40 minutes!?

lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had a Harvey's buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch and it was straight up loving delicious.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

While I'm sure it's a good sandwich. The fact that it's at Popeyes and every moron in the world wants one is really the worst thing in a long time!

Like, can I just get some spicy fried chicken? Why do I gotta wait in line for 30 minutes so you fucks can get your counterfeit chick-fil-a?

Maybe you should've gotten beefy instead you dumbass, you fool, you knaive

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe we should change get beefy to get meaty so a wider range of tastes can be accommodated.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Maybe we should change get beefy to get meaty so a wider range of tastes can be accommodated.

no gently caress you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

:chloe:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
do louisianians even say "y'all"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
A poster in a different thread said that those kinds of words are "minstrelry"(?) and to use them is both racist and classist.

.....I'm from California and I say it all the time bc I'm a dumb hick.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Rad-daddio posted:

A poster in a different thread said that those kinds of words are "minstrelry"(?) and to use them is both racist and classist.

Minstrelry is basically the category of thing blackface falls under.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

The word y'all?

I mean I'm from NC and literally almost everyone says it unless they are trying to like purposefully speak proper or whatever, all races, it's not a racial thing here at all

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Stefan Prodan posted:

The word y'all?

I mean I'm from NC and literally almost everyone says it unless they are trying to like purposefully speak proper or whatever, all races, it's not a racial thing here at all

People in urban areas say it too. It's everywhere, the only way you would ever think it's something "black minstrelsy" or whatever the gently caress is if you're hyper sheltered and grew up in Washington or something.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Yeah the whole "y'all is racist" thing is super contrived idiocy.

It's not used to be racist; it's used by uneducated morons.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at all these drat racists!
Gosh if you could only see yourselves.
Shameful

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Resting Lich Face posted:

It's used by people who grew up around it you fartman

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

where's my Dave Thomas + Popeye crossover erotica

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dave Thomas actually lost the ability to perform sexually as a result of a horrific accident involving farm equipment while scouting new breeds of chicken for livestock purposes while on a trip to North Africa.
So that request is a little insensitive

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Resting Lich Face posted:

I like yall as a word ok

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I’m getting real tired of hearing about this stupid chicken sandwich bullshit everywhere.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Krustic posted:

I’m getting real tired of hearing about this stupid chicken sandwich bullshit everywhere.

Amen brother!!!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Gazpacho posted:

do louisianians even say "y'all"

Oui

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

People in urban areas say it too. It's everywhere, the only way you would ever think it's something "black minstrelsy" or whatever the gently caress is if you're hyper sheltered and grew up in Washington or something.

The people on here who say these things are literally the whitest people om earth

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Coasterphreak posted:

no gently caress you

S-sorry I'll leave quietly :(

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

The people on here who say these things are literally the whitest people om earth

Dog, it's not an exclusively black person thing, that's such a bizarre misconception, white as poo poo southern people say it, white people on the East coast who grew up in rural OR urban areas say it, white suburban kids who might have friends at school or that they hang out with regularly will say it. Your speech mannerisms are not by choice unless you're actively trying to put on a certain affectation but that's not nearly that common. I say it because I grew up in the south AND in a city on the East coast, it was a predominantly black city but my white friends said it as often as my black and latino friends, a lot of the way I talk sounds "southern" or "urban" to my friends a bit to the north but that's because it's how people around me talked. It was either that or my parents' corny Afrikaner accent.

It's as reflexive as it possibly can be, I say it without thinking or without some sort of specific inflection. I type it out in text sometimes because it sounds more natural to me than other options which can come off as stilted.

I can understand white as poo poo people saying poo poo like "on fleek" or "fire" or "dead rear end" looking extremely stupid if they happen to be exceedingly straight as well, because those are very contextual, deliberate phrases, but "y'all" is practically an American lingual classic. In any case, those phrases could still be natural to the person saying them if they're prevalent in their social environment.

I'm pretty sore on this subject though because I've had customers or clients point out me saying "y'all" or putting drawls on words, or pronouncing "shrimp" funny and imo people will quickly make judgements on your mental competence because of your manner of speaking, especially if you're a white dude who sounds slightly "black" or "urban" and they instinctively think you're white trash.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Dog, it's not an exclusively black person thing, that's such a bizarre misconception, white as poo poo southern people say it, white people on the East coast who grew up in rural OR urban areas say it, white suburban kids who might have friends at school or that they hang out with regularly will say it. Your speech mannerisms are not by choice unless you're actively trying to put on a certain affectation but that's not nearly that common. I say it because I grew up in the south AND in a city on the East coast, it was a predominantly black city but my white friends said it as often as my black and latino friends, a lot of the way I talk sounds "southern" or "urban" to my friends a bit to the north but that's because it's how people around me talked. It was either that or my parents' corny Afrikaner accent.

It's as reflexive as it possibly can be, I say it without thinking or without some sort of specific inflection. I type it out in text sometimes because it sounds more natural to me than other options which can come off as stilted.

I can understand white as poo poo people saying poo poo like "on fleek" or "fire" or "dead rear end" looking extremely stupid if they happen to be exceedingly straight as well, because those are very contextual, deliberate phrases, but "y'all" is practically an American lingual classic. In any case, those phrases could still be natural to the person saying them if they're prevalent in their social environment.

I'm pretty sore on this subject though because I've had customers or clients point out me saying "y'all" or putting drawls on words, or pronouncing "shrimp" funny and imo people will quickly make judgements on your mental competence because of your manner of speaking, especially if you're a white dude who sounds slightly "black" or "urban" and they instinctively think you're white trash.

You're trash hth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

macdonal hamborkles posted:

You're trash hth

You're ugly tho

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Hey, let's all relax and have a nice Double Down. I'll go half on the defibrillator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Y'all is something people of all races say throughout the entire south except Kentucky where we use the formal You All.