Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Does it offer anything that Gran Turismo doesn’t?
The online club stuff is kind of fun if you have a small group of people (not too many because you can only fit like a dozen people in a club??) you know playing the game, but it's pretty much just leaderboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Achmed Jones posted:

Why are they pulling it?

homeless snail posted:

They're shutting the servers down next year and the game has a lot of stuff that relies on them, so they're pulling it

Actually, the official reasoning shared at some point on Twitter or whatever is car licensing. The server shutdown is just an effect of not being able to sell the game anymore.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Thanks!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Reminder that the PS3 servers for Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last of Us are being taken offline tomorrow. Each has a trophy you get for playing one online game so if you ever want platinums for these, now's the time. Note that PS4 servers for The Last of Us are staying online.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

univbee posted:

Reminder that the PS3 servers for Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last of Us are being taken offline tomorrow. Each has a trophy you get for playing one online game so if you ever want platinums for these, now's the time. Note that PS4 servers for The Last of Us are staying online.

Loaded up TLoU and it wants me to buy an online pass lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Boinks posted:

Loaded up TLoU and it wants me to buy an online pass lol.

RIP. Anyway I was wrong about TLoU having just one multiplayer trophy, turns out you need to survive a whole series of MP games (168 at least) so pretty sure it's too late to Plat now if you're only just getting started, plus I couldn't find an active game. Ditto for Uncharted 2. :shrug:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

September's new PS Now games, pretty sure they're all PS4.

De Blob
Farming Simulator 19
Gravity Rush 2
LittleBigPlanet 3
MudRunner
Red Faction Guerilla Re-MARS-tered
RIDE 3
The Surge
Titan Quest
Vampyr

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

had my eye on vampyr like a year ago i'll take it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is Guacamelee! 2 good for $6 and change? I liked the first one, but didn't see much praise for the second.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

Is Guacamelee! 2 good for $6 and change? I liked the first one, but didn't see much praise for the second.

For 6 dollars go nuts

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

enojy posted:

it's more of the same, so if you liked the first, you should enjoy the second. the first one is still probably stronger overall, but I had a fun enough time with both to get the plats.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would probably play any game im even remotely interested in for 6 bucks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The digital deluxe edition of Mankind Divided is also like 6 bucks. Is that the one that's half a game? Does the included season pass make it a full game?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The digital deluxe edition of Mankind Divided is also like 6 bucks. Is that the one that's half a game? Does the included season pass make it a full game?
it is and no it doesn't. for 6 bucks its an okay followup to HR, just don't ever expect a resolution to the story

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Its a full game...but only half a games plot and setpieces

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a full game...but only half a games plot and setpieces

Does it feel like like the game was cut short or super padded, at that price I'm willing to play half a game, but if it's just super repetitive for a good chunk because they were trying to stretch it out I'm not interested.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Skwirl posted:

Does it feel like like the game was cut short or super padded, at that price I'm willing to play half a game, but if it's just super repetitive for a good chunk because they were trying to stretch it out I'm not interested.

it's good and then it just stops.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s a 3 act story but the actual game ends towards the end of the second act and the 3rd act was scrapped DLC, never released.

If they’d sold us what we’d got as an expansion pack for HR I’d have been fine but it’s not a game unto itself.

Basically I low key hope for the Squeenix Board of Directors to all get caught up in hostage negotiations but the negotiator has Tourette’s and also its his first day and he really has to go the bathroom.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

homeless snail posted:

it is and no it doesn't. for 6 bucks its an okay followup to HR, just don't ever expect a resolution to the story

I played it when it was free for PS+ and thought it was a ton of fun, and definitely scratched the Deus Ex itch. I would've happily paid $6 for it, and I didn't play any of the DLCs.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Skwirl posted:

You could breeze through it in probably 6 hours.

Or you could play it like i did and obsessively break into everywhere, find every optional mission, scour every location and spend about 45 hours in it.

It is basically the first game plus cool new cyberpunk powers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Big In Japan sale is up, which includes probably everything from the last Big In Japan sale and a lot of Japanese games that have come out since then

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Also a crap ton of classic RPGs on vita if you're like me and got one last week

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i didnt know they were still selling vitas

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i didnt know they were still selling vitas

They aren't

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They never said they bought one.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Actually, I bought a used slim for, of all things, monster hunter world. I play games in the bedroom and lately I've been working evenings so I'm up all night while my wife is sleeping. The MH dlc is all set in the snow, so the image is way too bright in a dark room. So as a favor to her, I bought a slim so I could remote play and not bother her.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Whoa the Borderlands 3 Season Pass pricing is all wacky at least in Canada.

$80 for base game
$100 for base game + Deluxe DLC
$120 for base game + Deluxe DLC + Season Pass

Season Pass by itself - $67

Plan your memey looty shooty accordingly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buy control instead

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Buy control instead

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
So I just checked and Driveclub is still available to buy on the store. I thought it was being delisted? I can't seem to find any stories saying they changed anything either.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hector Delgado posted:

So I just checked and Driveclub is still available to buy on the store. I thought it was being delisted? I can't seem to find any stories saying they changed anything either.

The delisted it early in some territories and haven't bothered to do it at all in NA for some reason. Sony doing Sony things. :iiam:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Knowing the NA store, they're probably just going to delist it with the store update tomorrow, especially since they're delisting it due to "convenience" rather than due to some legal reason like licenses expiring on a precise date.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
PS+ games for October are The Show 19 and Last of Us Remastered

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

October PS+ games

Last of Us Remastered
MLB The Show 19 (the newest one until like March 2020)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axelblaze :argh:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Feb 21 2020 for Last of Us Pt 2

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Oh man, are all three people that haven't played The Last of Us in for a treat!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Feb 21 2020 for Last of Us Pt 2

Makes sense.

Ghosts of tsushima is probably q3 then right before next gen unless they are gonna try for april or something

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Baseball's alright, I guess. I haven't played a baseball video game since Wii Sports.

I wanted to get that cute rear end Japanese baseball game (pawafuru? Powerful Baseball?) but I don't think it ever got translated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The only baseball games worth playing are Ken Griffey Jr's Major League Baseball and Winning Run on SNES