Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Turbonegro - High On The Crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wait a minute this isnt soda at all

then whats in my gas ta

son of a bitnch

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Start SEEING motorcycles (explode into a fireball)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

thedangergroove posted:

Start SEEING motorcycles (explode into a fireball)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i have gas to huff but not enough for the rest of the biker daddies

gonna gave to switch to a whole milk gallon jug of diesel

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The bottle would very likely break due to much more extreme crushing forces than a car rolling over it or grinding against asphalt/concrete at a high speed, but it's a dumb argument in the first place because if you're actually in a motorcycle accident 2 liters of gas catching fire will be the least of your worries. Liquid gasoline is highly flammable but not explosive. You can just roll on the ground to put it out, which you'll already be doing because you're dying in a motorcycle crash.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Look, as much as I'm not an advocate of video games leading to violence, if I ever saw someone with that setup my immediate response would be to shoot the gas tank.

I mean later I would be all "jesus christ he's dead what do I do oh god oh god" but you can't fight instinct.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

there is signs at service stations specifically saying you have to use specific approved containers to pump gas, presumably for a reason. PET bottles wont break down when exposed to gasoline immediately but they will degrade faster than normal.

I mean most if not all modern cars use plastic fuel tanks these days but its certainly not PET plastic found in 2L soft drinks. They're also usually mounted in a position in the car that means they are protected from all directions by lots and lots of metal (under the rear seat)

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i fill my saddle bags with piss directly, from my Balls, no bottles needed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
driving through residential areas at 3am and want everyone within 300 yards alerted to my presence. for safety
strange that im wearing all black instead of high-vis and a helmet with a rotating light

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

driving through residential areas at 3am and want everyone within 300 yards alerted to my presence. for safety
strange that im wearing all black instead of high-vis and a helmet with a rotating light
i live on a fairly busy street and i want to get an air rifle and loving ping with BBs those loud pipe fuckers, sport cars included, in their stupid half helmets at the stop light with their super loud dipshit noise makers that pass as bikes

i wouldnt do that because i would go to jail

but those fucks just wake everyone up for miles around with zero repercussions

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

ive seen some bb gun vids of a dude sniping pest animals and they seemed fairly ranged and accurate. i think youd get away with it
but the biker would just think he was being assaulted for no reason anyway. ya just cant win

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ill get a sling shot instead, that way its like an act of god if i actually hit the dude

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i think you could make sort of a stencil of "your bike is really loud" and use it to acid etch many rocks. that way the biker you hit will know

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I carry a gallon can of denatured alcohol strapped to my back at all times.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

numberoneposter posted:

Riding a 2L soda bottle full of gas with a motorcycle strapped to your back

heh u changed the words around in the sentence nice bro lmao

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
imho you both lose the argument

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OG Algier posted:

I've been arguing with a buddy of mine about whether riding a motorcycle with a 2 litre bottle of gasoline in your backpack is dangerous.

This all started about a week ago when I watched a video where a motorcyclist was riding with a metal thermos full of gas in his bag. I mentioned the video to my friend and said "could you imagine riding around with a 2 litre plastic pop bottle full of gas in your backpack? that would be dumb". He responded with "that would be perfectly safe. there's no way that a 2 litre could leak in the event of a crash".

It's been a few days of arguing so I would like to settle this matter via a public jury.

Just to be clear, his argument is this: "A 2 litre soda bottle filled with gas would survive a motorcycle crash, thus posing no danger to the rider. This is a perfectly safe thing to do"

I disagree. A 2L bottle would not survive the forces involved in a high speed motorcycle crash.

The argument has escalated to him sending me videos of him throwing around bottles and running them over with his car. To be fair, in these videos the bottle does not break. I'm still not convinced.

Please help us settle this matter or I will be forced to end our 10 year friendship over this.

ur friend wears Crocs which is reason enough to :sever:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Tell him to take a belt sander to a bottle

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

i live on a fairly busy street and i want to get an air rifle and loving ping with BBs those loud pipe fuckers, sport cars included, in their stupid half helmets at the stop light with their super loud dipshit noise makers that pass as bikes

There's a guy in my neighborhood who has a bike loud enough to set off car alarms, at 6am on a Saturday.

One of the few times I've woken up directly into a murderous fury

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
And then also to his nards

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fill a bottle full of your cum and then ask him if he wants to ride around with it strapped to his back.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
What about between your legs? Some Motorcycle gas tanks are made of plastic.

Food for thought OP. Cant live your life in fear, makes you a naggy person

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like any crash that would spill the gas would also spill your blood in an equal amount, so it really doesn't matter

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Rutibex posted:

i feel like any crash that would spill the gas would also spill your blood in an equal amount, so it really doesn't matter

I don’t think blood is flammable.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

read the thread title and thought "drat that dude in Wales is escalating his gimmick quickly"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dr. Stab posted:

I don’t think blood is flammable.

I knew a kid in elementary school who was fully convinced that blood was flammable. His reasoning, in movies people catch on fire so logically it’s cuz blood catches on fire.

Also that scene in waterworld where the guy in the gas tank burned to death. Obviously the stuff he was floating on in that raft was blood. No other explanation

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
OP, maybe it'd be a good time to ask your friend why he thinks there is a ventilation hole in every gas can ever made.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
it's fine

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Think how many lives we'd save if we just built cars out of 2L soda bottles instead brittle, fragile aluminum and steel smh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We can rebuild people stronger and better if we replace their limbs and organs with 2L soda bottles. Start with the maimed motorcyclists.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Strapping the 2L bottle to your back and filling it with gasoline is an elegant and practical solution to the problems inherent in riding. It both acts a light, breathable, and indestructible "armor" for your back in the case of an fall, and is an easy and convenient fuel source for those rides where you've misjudged your gas tanks capacity and find yourself stranded. It's a genius who invented the concept, really.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If your concern is safety and you're riding a motorcycle you're already doing it wrong.

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Here's what he has to say about some of the responses in this thread:

He agrees with the point about the bottle being dissolved by the gasoline but still believes that the structure of the bottle would be strong enough to withstand a crash if it wasn't weakened by the chemical reaction.

If the bottle were to leak the backpack would keep the flammable vapours of the gas contained. He says that it is unlikely that the gas would catch on fire in the event of a crash because it "takes a specific air/gas vapour ratio to ignite".

He's not worried about the bottle leaking from abrasion on the asphalt because you would be rolling around and not directly sliding on the bottle inside the backpack for any extended period of time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OG Algier posted:

He's not worried about the bottle leaking from abrasion on the asphalt because you would be rolling around and not directly sliding on the bottle inside the backpack for any extended period of time.

Has he never seen people after a motorcycle crash? Does he not have YouTube? Because a lot of em slide like it's a drat skating rink. That's why motorcycle races wear insane tear-proof suits.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

I felt this way until I got a loud pipe. I filled it with gas, strapped it to my bike and all my stress went up in smokes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gbs but from 2004 posted:

heh u changed the words around in the sentence nice bro lmao

Are you insinuating it wasn't funny because I thought it was funny and sometimes switching words around is all it takes to make jokes that pokes.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I feel like something has been overlooked.
I'm pretty sure that said container would start to break down with petrol inside it rendering it less durable.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

That's why motorcycle races wear insane tear-proof suits.

I always wondered what those racers deal with after a crash. Is it just a big bruise from where they slid for a few hundred feet? Do they have a burn from the friction heat of the slide transferring through the clothes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

big nipples big life posted:

maximum loving florida