Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Byers claims a kill was used on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
But if he just temporarily absconded we.get whatever story he has.

WhTever story KB has

Then sold a story about jen's self kill

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

spacing in vienna posted:

I thought hum mentioned it as well. I remember someone threatened DB if JenX ended up dead, since they were switching their target away.
Did Hum seriously mention targeting Jen in shelf chat N1?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

So sorta full claim, because two of these are relevant to N1 play and the third is an rear end in a top hat power I will never use.

Power one is the one-shot egg.

Power two puts a person in a bubble; they are roleblocked that night. The next night, I can stomp on the bubble to kill them. On shelf 1, N1, I called this a pseudo-poisoning to keep it a little vague.

Power three, I give out a PR. This is an rear end in a top hat power and requires a night action; I'm never using this power.

So I have a one shot deathproof, but only useful as long as no one knows how it works. And Hal's hammer D1 was scummy as gently caress. It was specifically designed to stop conversation. So I called my shot in the shelf. And Jen says she would kill Hal if I didn't. I submitted my power to target Hal. If I died, I knew I'd be back today, so calling the shot was worth it.

I wasn't expecting what happened. Jen gets killed. I get killed by Force Lightning and turn into an egg. My bubble action redirects to merk (potentially).

What this tells me is that someone is protecting Hal; the two people talking about targeting him are killed. And if merk is town, what I described as a poisoning was redirected to him (there is a small chance he knew about the bubble from Hal if they are scumbros, but it makes more sense that scum would redirect what they think is a kill). And that protection comes from the folks on shelf one on N1, when all of this was discussed.

The one-shot egg is the one-shot DP? or they are different.

Also I think byers is going to kill me tonight, maybe.

##vote Byers

Scumming out in the open imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A death-proof, absconding, PR giving, poisoner... hmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMM

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Propagated by SiV

... It's not my fault you never played the best LucasArts game ever.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow if your action failed like mine, you might be up for Byer's bubble smash. Have fun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SolusLunes posted:

Okay to clear up the reflection thing: that was me targeting JX to protect her, but it should have only reflected kills- nothing else was noted in the PM.

Still wondering how her kill got reflected on herself, unless she got bussed into targeting herself. In which case... it's not like the reflection of the kill back onto the attacker would have done anything.

The double hated is because someone put me in a Nightmare (thanks, whoever submitted Psychonauts, I imagine) and I died.

Since I didn't die to the final boss, I didn't die in real life, but I'm double hated for today.

Solus claimed a kill reflecting ability n1 fyi AA

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

A death-proof, absconding, PR giving, poisoner... hmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMM
I agree that his role sounds p scummy from a mechanics standpoint.

Byers tone reads more town to me and he tried using Jen's commands D1 which could have gotten him modkilled which is minus scumminess fmpov.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Solus claimed a kill reflecting ability n1 fyi AA
I'm aware. I have a N1 theory that Jen tried to kill me, and some how either got super loving unlucky or redirected back to herself from Solus who happens to be lying.

My n1 switch was a self-protective reflective bubble for my mech. Lot's of bubbles in this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

I agree that his role sounds p scummy from a mechanics standpoint.

Byers tone reads more town to me and he tried using Jen's commands D1 which could have gotten him modkilled which is minus scumminess fmpov.

this seems like a silly argument though with the could have gotten him modkilled/jen's commands. that's totally neutral if you ask me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm aware. I have a N1 theory that Jen tried to kill me, and some how either got super loving unlucky or redirected back to herself from Solus who happens to be lying.

My n1 switch was a self-protective reflective bubble for my mech. Lot's of bubbles in this game.

More on this, if anything targeted me N1 it would have been randomly assigned to someone.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

this seems like a silly argument though with the could have gotten him modkilled/jen's commands. that's totally neutral if you ask me.
If I were scum I would not risk it. But I am not Byers :sun:

So to be clear AA, you think Gen could've tried to kill you and it got reflected back and killed her.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anyhow if your action failed like mine, you might be up for Byer's bubble smash. Have fun.

Also want to reiterate this point. Someone is up for doom, and it might be me.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Did Hum seriously mention targeting Jen in shelf chat N1?

I'm gonna have to see if someone else can confirm, but what I remember is that hum said he was going to doc JenX, and DB said not to waste it, DB already had it covered. Hum was skeptical, said if he trusted DB on this and JenX ended up dead, he was going to make it a point to lynch DB D2, and DB said that he was fine with that.

That's why DB showed up D2 all self defeating, like "fine, Lynch me, whatever."

Hum never confirmed whether he was going to protect JenX or switch targets.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is totally set up spec too but last time I saw someone who could skip a day and come back they were scum (it was me in Yami's last mafia I think? Amerath?). The idea was they could make weird plays and possibly dodge lunches, but in this game it strikes me as someone who wants to dodge some night action mafia/random kills.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

So to be clear AA, you think Gen could've tried to kill you and it got reflected back and killed her.

IF we want to work on the theory that her own kill got redirected to herself, then I think it's a possibility.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

This is totally set up spec too but last time I saw someone who could skip a day and come back they were scum (it was me in Yami's last mafia I think? Amerath?). The idea was they could make weird plays and possibly dodge lunches, but in this game it strikes me as someone who wants to dodge some night action mafia/random kills.

Byers role reeks of scum mechanics.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yuming posted:

byers could have also been counting on psudo deathproof to save him and buy cred. it doesn't mean anything imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
wifom or occam's though.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

More on this, if anything targeted me N1 it would have been randomly assigned to someone.
Got it.

Rereading I am irritated that I didn't take the IS case more seriously because it looks really good on a second read. Sorry, Bif.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm gonna have to see if someone else can confirm, but what I remember is that hum said he was going to doc JenX, and DB said not to waste it, DB already had it covered. Hum was skeptical, said if he trusted DB on this and JenX ended up dead, he was going to make it a point to lynch DB D2, and DB said that he was fine with that.

That's why DB showed up D2 all self defeating, like "fine, Lynch me, whatever."

Hum never confirmed whether he was going to protect JenX or switch targets.
Thanks, I am going through all the actions to try and puzzle things out a bit.

I don't think we can solve the game HA FUNNY! But I do think having a better understanding will help me ~imagine the scum perspective~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Rereading I am irritated that I didn't take the IS case more seriously because it looks really good on a second read. Sorry, Bif.
IS comes across really bad in his reaction to GGN's offer to kill Nat20 and keep the day for discussion.

I'm gonna

##vote IS here because I want this case to have attention again.

And also because,

IllegallySober posted:

Going to the Seahawks game, back in the morning most likely with a reread and thoughts.

Oh good they won!

:allears:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Eughh, logic is so easy for scumbos to hide behind.

Gotta use those feeeeelings.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

50 pounds of bread posted:

Eughh, logic is so easy for scumbos to hide behind.

Gotta use those feeeeelings.
Or do that and get called a robot :iiam:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Heh, robots dont believe in ghosts...

Or do they?

Woah, freaking myself out a bit here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey KB, about your conflicting shelf 1 account deal, I had to go check back what y'all actually said again

King Burgundy posted:

Shelf evaluation: Everyone was relatively guarded in terms of not sharing all of their roles or plans, which is practical. But some more then others. I'd say the most guarded player in terms of holding back info and not really partaking in a lot of that kind of chat was Yuming from what I recall.

OK so KB starts off reporting that Yuming seemed the most "guarded" in N1 shelf 1, not only holding back role info but also not participating much in the surrounding chat about it.

yuming posted:

I wish I could remember our shelf chat better, but what I remember is Gen and Byers claiming killing powers first and then KB saying something about a killing role and then adding PGO.

Keane, does that sound right?

I feel Byers is town.

I also have a bad vibe read on KB. I will reread and shade it in more when I am at computer.

yuming posted:

KB makes an, I assume, joke-vote quoting a Solus post from before the game actually started.

Is this scum KB joking because he knows who is on the team? That is something I can imagine KB would like to do because he plays a very mastermind-type scum that likes to drop hints and to see what he can get away with and weave ~webs of lies~ which fits with all the night action bingo that has been going on today. And in the shelf chat last night too.

What do you guys think? I vote on tone.

##vote KB

Yuming doesn't contradict KB here, just briefly comments on what other people said on the shelf and then cases KB on tone.

yuming posted:

I also want to say that because Byers, Gen and Keane all revealed a lot about what they were doing in our chat last night, it would've been relatively easy for scum to intervene in and spin the actions to their advantage. Which is what KB focused on this game day as his content before jury duty. The perspective fits for me of KB and possibly 50 as scum on my shelf.

Yuming then adds that all the night action stuff the others mentioned would've been great for scum to mess with, and points out that KB was mainly focused on that the next morning, so that seems to fit her theory.

King Burgundy posted:

I think anyone who is throwing shade my way is more suspect just because from my perspective at least, I'm a cleared town KB who scum can't kill at night. That has gotta be pretty scary.

I think Yuming is certainly the most initially suspect of those people because she had the extra opportunity to read me in chat and thus has a lot more to go on, but seems to have mostly disregarded it? (The things she is saying about it aren't correct at all. I look forward to hearing what people who weren't on shelf 1 last night think after visiting it.)

At this point KB says that yuming isn't reporting things correctly, but what has yuming actually asserted about their shelf chat so far?

* She remembers Jen and Byers claiming killing powers first, then KB mentioning a killing role, and then adding PGO.

This seems roughly accurate, although I don't know about that specific thing KB just mentioning a killing role first. The chat got real big and meandering onto other topics so I just screenshotted some stuff to look at more properly later, and I don't know if I just missed something or what. But KB seemed to come out with the PGO thing quickly, all "hm I was debating whether to say this but yeah I'm a PGO so stay away unless you're scum!" It's super subtle but Yuming might be trying to paint KB as slightly cagier here than he was.

* In her opinion, KB's overall scum meta tends to drop hints to be all ~web of lies~ and this matches how he was in shelf chat.

Not sure how to interpret this one, KB seemed fairly straightforward about mentioning his PGO and then commenting on there being a lot of killing roles overall... which couldn't really be argued with given that there were a few claims in their shelf alone.

* Byers, Jen and Keane all revealed a lot about what they were doing.

Not really a comment on KB here, but seems roughly accurate.

In conclusion, not exactly a smoking gun but I think KB does have a good point about yuming being cagey overall.

yuming posted:

ooh this is a fun place to get caught up haha, I was just worrying that no one was gonna talk about him. anymore. This has me nervous now though. I'll prolly decide whether I want to revisit this or not based on what IS says... now that he can actually talk and all... any time now

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

This is poo poo. I'm unflipped, but let's vote IS for supporting my opinion on D1 that a Murder was premature? I stand by my D1 opinion; murder D1 with what was in the thread at the time was premature. This makes Bif look scummy.

Incidentally, a murder now on Hal would be great.
This reads really earnest town to me.

So does Bif. Bif wants to figure this game out let's be friends :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Could we please stop roleblocking me? Kirby ate me last night and I couldn't do anything.
It's possible my cop result is on Kirby in this case.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay, sorry I'm back like 24 hours later, but I had guests over last night and work has been bad today. Don't worry though, soon I'll be unemployed.

As per true GGN style, I come with gifts, mostly because I couldn't actually say anything during the previous game day.

One of my powers is a role cop where I get alignment+game name+one ability
N1 - I copped DB (but obviously this could have been redirected?). Town. I wont say the whole game, but the one ability seems to be billy hatcher related(idk I never played this). But they have an egg. With all this talk of redirection I don't know how useful this really is? but I will put it out there. I picked pretty much at random because I was very sure the last 3 votes D1 were scum and we would actual pursue them yesterday.
N2 - merk, town. I will once again only mention one game, SS13 (hell yes, amazing) the ability from this game is AMAZING and people really need to stop roleblocking merk!!!!!!!! I don't really know how to describe it and also be vague but you submit a request and then get a one use power in return, mod makes up what the power is.

N1 I was given a lovely gun by someone???

RE:Why did I cop merk N2? It seemed like thread traction keeps going away from actually being suspicious of people who didn't want a free kill D1, and I didn't want to tunnel on those same like 3 people forever and ever. I copped merk because they hadn't really posted much.

Why would I admit I am a cop? Let's just say, my last ability, a passive, makes me feel pretty likely to make it to the next day, and I guess town should know this info. People who redirected, please maybe...don't :(

ok, now I need to make a second post responding to some other stuff

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
:sun: I am most suspicious of IS, 50 and Solus. :sun:

I am slightly less suspicious of SiV because I like the case on her and think she does sound scummy. But she also seems to be trying to help. I am torn I think she may be mistakenly coming across scummy.

I have significantly cooled on KB.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

King Burgundy posted:

I skimmed through the thread on breaks during D&D, but reading through again to check for things I wanted to respond to.

Some initial thoughts are that I started to lean away from Yuming as scum.

My shelf last night, 2, was Me, Sal, GGN and Bread.

Bread's main contribution was saying that he was going to blow up someone on shelf 1 and telling me that I was wrong to lean away from scum on Yuming, she was still scum.

I asked people for scum reads, and I got nothing from Sal or GGN.

Sal shared that he was going to use his uber watch on Bif last night. Is it possible Bread's thing hits not only people physically on the shelf but anyone visiting those people with powers and it hit Sal?

Sal also asked everyone if they wanted to share what they were doing and GGN/Bread I think chose not to. I shared what I did. So I'll probably reveal the details today since people can piece it together later if they visit chat 2. Even though it outs a good power.

I would assume that is some kind of scum kill, yes. It's interesting. If Bread was scum, his team would have known to stay away from Shelf one. FWIW, my recollection of what Bread said was happening was he was going to do something bad/kill someone THAT night on shelf 1. Had no idea from what he said that it was delayed. So this isn't a situation where scum on shelf 1 could have warned their buddies. This is really more of a thing where Bread had to be the scum.

If Bread flips scum, I would say that would make Bif/SiV look better.

I didn't really have any scum reads and I probably should have discussed it more in shelf 2, pretty bad play on my part. I missed all of the discussion of the Uber Watch but I absolutely would not have said that I was going to cop, for fear that I'd only have one game day left if word got back to scum team that same night. This way I get two.

Also re:bread, I think it was extremely clear from Bread's wording that it was delayed. I think the specifics was something like "I left a bomb on shelf 1 N1, someone's going to die there tonight lol"

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Solus

1. hosed with Jen N1 and it did Not Go Well.

2. Solus is not trying to find scum.

Solus is commenting on the surface topics of the thread.

D2

SolusLunes posted:

Eh, gently caress it, it's reasonable enough for a vote, though.

##vote IS
D3

SolusLunes posted:

I haven't been as into this game, but I'm very suspicious of both SiV and KB

I'm also suspicious of the fact that there was a switch from SiV to KB, and then no mention of that by KB

regardless

I tried to do a thing to toal, and it failed
Did Solus get IS and SiV confused here? I don't get it.

SolusLunes posted:

that reminds me, I should put my vote down

##vote siv
Solus is driving by and doesn't care about town winning. That is scummy.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I could go either way on the SiV read, but I'm also both biased (I love SiV) and paranoid (SiV was scum last game we were in! I was nearly TRICKED!!!) so who loving knows how badly I'm misreading her.

I will forever be willing to vote IS and I don't like the mouth feel of 50's posts during this game day. I'd rather not do the Murder command, and would rather cop tonight.

##vote IS I'm going to put the official vote on IS, but this isn't a done deal.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

In conclusion, not exactly a smoking gun but I think KB does have a good point about yuming being cagey overall.

Thank you for your service.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Flipped

D1 lynch Nat20 SCUM
N1 Gen TOWN killed by lagomorph (flavor of her own kill)
N1 Hum TOWN punched and kicked to death

D2 lynch Quid TOWN
N2 b- TOWN nuked
N2 Sal TOWN nuked
N2 Tomm 3P sacrificed to Negamiyamoto

N1
Solus targeted Jen causing all the redirects / claims this should not have killed her
Quid (TOWN) tried to jail Gen / was reflected back to self
Sal (TOWN) tried to watch Gen / was reflected back to self
Byers tried to bubble Hal but bubbled merk (delay poison kill)
b- “something strange happened, thinks he was protected” didn’t target Gen
AA self-protected (didn’t sound like their goal) / reflective bubble
DB was redirected / was trying to protect Gen
steak used force lightening not sure what it did / this is the flavor kill on Byers
KB PGO’ed
Keane used a nightmare on Byers but hit Solus instead
merk tried to target Byers but was trapped in bubble
?IS maybe targeted Gen
?Hum may have targeted Gen but knew that someone else was going to protect her / KB claims Hum targeted him
Miku claims merk is lying about having no N1 action
Byers claims killed by force lightning which turned him into an egg
Hal tried to block Bif from voting / did not succeed

N2
yuming 1x cop on merk result TOWN
Miku claims someone tried to nuke him
Hal tried to block a vote and it failed
merk claims to have been roleblocked "eaten by Kirby"
AA targeted KB claims to have been role blocked / claimed to target KB in shelf chat
KB claims his actions was successful and that after it he was trapped in a poke ball
Solus tried to target Toal and failed
50 threw a poke ball at Toal

Misc claims
GGN vote YES NO for murder for a double lynch / if there is not a majority GGN dies
50 claimed to have left a bomb that should kill someone and shelf 1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah solus looks like scum. I like yumings case and rescind my gut based accusation.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Correct me if I'm wrong sorry if bad formatting I am p much out of time here.

GGN, I agree about 50. I part want to kill him because I don't want any scum getting away with that kind of posting in thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Yeah solus looks like scum. I like yumings case and rescind my gut based accusation.
I thought it was based on night action bingo :sparkles:

Your play reminds me of one of the last games we played together it seems town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

Okay, sorry I'm back like 24 hours later, but I had guests over last night and work has been bad today. Don't worry though, soon I'll be unemployed.

As per true GGN style, I come with gifts, mostly because I couldn't actually say anything during the previous game day.

One of my powers is a role cop where I get alignment+game name+one ability
N1 - I copped DB (but obviously this could have been redirected?). Town. I wont say the whole game, but the one ability seems to be billy hatcher related(idk I never played this). But they have an egg. With all this talk of redirection I don't know how useful this really is? but I will put it out there. I picked pretty much at random because I was very sure the last 3 votes D1 were scum and we would actual pursue them yesterday.
N2 - merk, town. I will once again only mention one game, SS13 (hell yes, amazing) the ability from this game is AMAZING and people really need to stop roleblocking merk!!!!!!!! I don't really know how to describe it and also be vague but you submit a request and then get a one use power in return, mod makes up what the power is.

N1 I was given a lovely gun by someone???

RE:Why did I cop merk N2? It seemed like thread traction keeps going away from actually being suspicious of people who didn't want a free kill D1, and I didn't want to tunnel on those same like 3 people forever and ever. I copped merk because they hadn't really posted much.

Why would I admit I am a cop? Let's just say, my last ability, a passive, makes me feel pretty likely to make it to the next day, and I guess town should know this info. People who redirected, please maybe...don't :(

ok, now I need to make a second post responding to some other stuff

You’re a role cop, not a cop. I also think you steal abilities if you’re Kirby.

Why come out with all this info? If you think we are town, just say that.