Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

I bought those protein bars once and haaaated them, it was a challenge getting through the box. I really should have returned it after the first one.

Someone said if you microwave them for 15 seconds, they're a lot more edible. I didn't try it myself because i dont have a microwave, but i could see that being true because the texture and everything is rock-hard and awful, not just the taste, so if they were heated up a bit that should be less of an issue. But yeah they were really loving bad, at least several years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
PBUC PBUC PBUC

:chud:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

priznat posted:

My go to work snack is way less healthy now with the peanut butter filled pretzels but they rule :haw:

Costco doesn't sell the 'brownie' filled pretzels, do they (they're like reverse chocolate-covered pretzels)? They're my number one snacking weakness. If they have them in Costco size...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Costco doesn't sell the 'brownie' filled pretzels, do they (they're like reverse chocolate-covered pretzels)? They're my number one snacking weakness. If they have them in Costco size...

I haven’t seen those but they sound amazing

These are super addictive too

Note the second empty container lurking in the background

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I did it friends, i upgraded to executive. Apparently i spent a bit less than $4k in the previous year. Where does it even go.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

priznat posted:

I'm the single rifle round. Sweet paper-weight.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm the single rifle round. Sweet paper-weight.

‘Tis, it’s a .50BMG and it’s big as hell. Got it from a friend who served in the CF (safely deactivated)

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

red19fire posted:

I did it friends, i upgraded to executive. Apparently i spent a bit less than $4k in the previous year. Where does it even go.

Your waistline probably.

I had a banner year where I spent a ton and upgraded but then I realized it was like a set of tires and another irregular purchase that did it, and the next year was lean so it didn't pay for itself and I felt like a chump.

Solution, keep it and spend more obviously. I get 4% back on every purchase why not? And I do need tires again.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

WescottF1 posted:

According to their site, electronics are limited to a 90-day return period.

Do TVs = electronics? Bought one last xmas, was told there was a 12-month warranty, and using my Costco Visa added 2 more years.

So... does warranty <> a return policy?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

I bought those protein bars once and haaaated them, it was a challenge getting through the box. I really should have returned it after the first one.

OMG same.... except I DID return them after both me, and my kid, tried them. Both hated. Interestingly, the next week they were recalled anyway for plastic shavings.

I hate returning poo poo, but they were vile.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

priznat posted:

They are, and I know Wegmans carries them, if they're in your neck of the woods.

...I hope loving Wegmans doesn't mean I'm cheating on Costco! :ohdear:

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Still a big fan of the protein bars here, picked up the cookies and cream/peanut butter combo as well as the usual cookie dough/brownie on my trip last week. I probably eat 2 a day just to keep up with my SWEET things cravings (breakfast and "dessert"). Maybe I dig them because I was big on quest bars a few years back, and they're pretty similar but way cheaper. :shrug:

For a while, my Costco stocked the Kirkland cold brew coffee cans and my husband loved them. They disappeared off the shelves at the beginning of August, probably due to those terrible Starbucks fraps being on sale this month, but we managed to grab the last two in stock to hold him over for August. Fingers crossed they bring them back in September. It's all too reminiscent of when we moved here in March and I went to Costco on a Friday to get some food, saw that they had Waterloo sparkling waters (watermelon, mango) in stock but didn't have the storage space for them at the time and then went back on Monday, but they were all gone. Don't do this to me, Costco, I can't handle it again.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

GORDON posted:

Do TVs = electronics? Bought one last xmas, was told there was a 12-month warranty, and using my Costco Visa added 2 more years.

So... does warranty <> a return policy?

Yeah, it’s 90 days to return it for a refund, then repair/replacement under the warranty after that.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I enjoy the Kirkland protein bars. Usually have one for breakfast each morning as my grab and go. Low carb friendly too!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Hoping my local 'stco has Bitchin sauce when I stop by church next week!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Bitchin sauce is really good, but be careful because it's ridiculously nutritionally dense. 90 calories and 14% of your daily fat from just TWO TABLESPOONS.

That doesn't mean it's bad for you, just be... conservative. It adds up quick.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got this in the mail today. It's a full sized thick magazine. I haven't read it yet though.

PBUC

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I want to buy some winter tires on their next Michelin tire sale but just have them mounted to a spare set of wheels, is that any issue with Costco to mount tires without putting them on your car?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I had a flat that destroyed a tire last year and had no problem dropping off just the wheels to have new tires installed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

hail costco/satan

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

50% satanic, 100% flavour.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cursed because it says pop instead of soda

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Costco is closed for Labor day! Horrible for me, I guess good for their workers.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Costco is closed for Labor day! Horrible for me, I guess good for their workers.

Going to a cookout at my mom's tomorrow. She usually serves decent hot dogs from the butcher. Might take a little of the sting away of having no access to a $1.50 all beef dog and soda (with refill).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who the gently caress says pop?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

RegionalSodaNameVariantsDotGif

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The midwest

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I say sody-pop but I'm an 89 year old man who wears suspenders and a bowtie

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

priznat posted:

I say sody-pop but I'm an 89 year old man who wears suspenders and a bowtie

My great aunt from Pittsfield, IL who is probably about that old calls it sody-pop.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WescottF1 posted:

My great aunt from Pittsfield, IL who is probably about that old calls it sody-pop.

Ask her to make you an egg cream, they're delicious sonny

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

all of canada

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Floridians rushing into Costco to get their last minute dog and pop before the hurricane arrives.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ooooh poo poo son check out this baller 72 pound wheel of reggiano at Costco for $899!

And if you aren't already praising the Lord check out this loving features list:

It's extravagant, bitches. You heard it here first.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Whole-Wheel-Parmigiano-Reggiano%2C-72-lbs.-.product.100096211.html

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I would hope that everyone would consider a 72 pound wheel of cheese extravagant.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Not if you run a restaurant

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

*rolls up with a 72 pound wheel of cheese*

Well I don’t know what the rest of you are gonna eat!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

Ooooh poo poo son check out this baller 72 pound wheel of reggiano at Costco for $899!

And if you aren't already praising the Lord check out this loving features list:

It's extravagant, bitches. You heard it here first.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Whole-Wheel-Parmigiano-Reggiano%2C-72-lbs.-.product.100096211.html
I would consider it if it was like 1/4 that price (lol still wouldn't but if i had a mcmansion yeah sure)

What I don't get is the Kirkland brand Parmigiano Reggiano they have for $10/lb in those vac-packs (2 i think) is absolutely excellent for good Parmesan. If i'm buying 72lb of what is probably the exact same poo poo they sell divvied up in those vac-packs, I would expect the economy of scale to be a lot less than $10 a lb so like $6 a lb or something @$400.

e: This stuff. its even aged the same with the same rind-labelling so yeah, getting ripped off vs just buying 70 of these

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 2, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

"Aw man I didn't know the new 7 Series was furnished in shell cordovan, sweet car Mike"

*manhole cover lifts and clatters to the side and Fresco jumps out*

"NOT IF YOU'RE BILLIONAIRE FINANCIER WARREN BUFFET"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

What're you, from Rochester or something?