Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

I know it's two separate things but it looks like they are promising uncensored pics of The Giant in a forest

That's almost as scary of a thought as "WCW 2000: The Future of Wrestling"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that GAB poster with Brain and Mean Gene is amazing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What the hell is going on with that Goldberg golf picture.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goldberg crushed a drive so hard everyone is blown away by it, including passersby in golf carts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What the hell is going on with that Goldberg golf picture.

some hysterically bad early photoshop

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
If you look at this image hard enough, you can actually hear Gene Okerlund's soul dying as he holds the WCW meat.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

who?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That looks like my Uncle in the 80s.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no, that was Jim Neidhart under a mask

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Moe_Rahn posted:

If you look at this image hard enough, you can actually hear Gene Okerlund's soul dying as he holds the WCW meat.

Meat Gene Okerlund

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Crowbar

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He was a north-east indy guy, later became Crowbar.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Okay, the cowboy one makes the golf one look like a masterpiece.

That NWO hotline poster begs a few questions, namely did Mean Gene get anything out of it (like he did for the normal hotline) and who are the guys listed towards the end of the week? I also love the idea that Dibiase, Hogan, Hall and Nash will be there on certain days every week to TALK TRASH.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Even when I was a kid, I thought it was dumb as poo poo that the One Warrior Nation had two members (but, I suppose, only one Warrior, because we're operating under No Homers Club rules).

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Eddie doing his best Freddie Prinze impression.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I had a bootleg print of this I got at a comic convention when I was in high school. I am a giant winner.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kevin Nash should have played Sabretooth in the first X-Men film

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

these are indistinguishable from Nintendo 64 ads

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:smith:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

these are indistinguishable from Nintendo 64 ads

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Anything marketed to young men in the 90s was super duper edgy. It was the zeitgeist.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

Anything marketed to young men in the 90s was super duper edgy. It was the zeitgeist.

Pretty much, there are some weird as gently caress Game Boy ads from that time period.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love how many ads came at you with the reasonable expectation that you were either friendless or the guy in the group that no one liked

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

The 2000's had some beauts too, like that ad where someone is born, and is shot out of their mom like a cannonball, aging the whole time as they fly through the air, until they land an old man into the grave.

I believe it was a PS2 ad?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrestling games peaked with the N64 games.

Nothing like making your own dude and having his main finishers be the Burning Hammer and the Steiner Screwdriver

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Angry_Ed posted:

Pretty much, there are some weird as gently caress Game Boy ads from that time period.
Every issue of Computer Gaming World is free online now, and there are some real beauts there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Every issue of Computer Gaming World is free online now, and there are some real beauts there.

This makes me think of that ad for that SNES game where it's a Gradius type game and somehow they felt the best way to advertise this was a very old hillbilly playing a banjo. Probably in every comic book and game magazine I touched in the early 90's.

I had to google the title, it was called Phalanx.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The feathering around Flair’s hair is some serious amateur poo poo.

Also, n64 was a trash system full of trash games and that includes No Mercy.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This makes me think of that ad for that SNES game where it's a Gradius type game and somehow they felt the best way to advertise this was a very old hillbilly playing a banjo. Probably in every comic book and game magazine I touched in the early 90's.

I had to google the title, it was called Phalanx.

Goes deeper than you think. That wasn't just an ad, that was the box for the game.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Okay, the cowboy one makes the golf one look like a masterpiece.

That NWO hotline poster begs a few questions, namely did Mean Gene get anything out of it (like he did for the normal hotline) and who are the guys listed towards the end of the week? I also love the idea that Dibiase, Hogan, Hall and Nash will be there on certain days every week to TALK TRASH.

Jeff Katz was an occasional hanger-on of Bischoff, he was kinda prominent on Souled Out, such as during the Miss nWo pageant that ended with Eric Bischoff putting a middle-aged woman on a giant toilet. He then went on to make Wrestling Retribution Project which seems unlikely to ever be seen by human eyes. Phantom and Outlaw I have no idea.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Phantom and Nomad

Nomad is the arch nemesis of Phantom, the guy in my avatar. Their daughters go to the same boarding school.

What a 70 year old newspaper comic strip has to do with WCW, I have no idea whatsoever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want to believe that Warrior’s run in WCW was a masterfully cruel prank played on Warrior because everyone was sick of his poo poo.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I wonder how much money wwe is leaving on the table by not making an n64 style game.

Use the same control scheme with some polished graphics, fill it with the current roster and legends. People, myself included, haven’t shut the gently caress up about these games in the last 20 years.

Hell, sell the game with like a hundred wrestlers and a bunch of arenas and every quarter sell an update for $10 with some new wrestlers, arenas and costumes. They don’t even have to make a new game every year, just sell dlc like every other sports game should be.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

overmind2000 posted:

Kevin Nash should have played Sabretooth in the first X-Men film

true loving story, when I started e-fedding back in the angelfire/geocities days there was a dude whose character was named "The Top Cat" Sabretooth and his picbase was Kevin Nash, and I have never forgotten it (as evidenced by me typing this right now)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The American Dream posted:

I wonder how much money wwe is leaving on the table by not making an n64 style game.

None, because the N64 was very bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the sega saturn had better wrestling games than the N64 and i'm pretty sure the saturn had exactly 1 wrestling game on it, and it was All Japan Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

the sega saturn had better wrestling games than the N64 and i'm pretty sure the saturn had exactly 1 wrestling game on it, and it was All Japan Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua

Saturn was bad too but at least the Saturn had the decency to pack up when it knew it was licked.

I still think the Dreamcast was one of the best systems ever but Sega was just done by then and they had no one to blame but themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

None, because the N64 was very bad.

Vincel slander is not allowed in this thread, The N64 was the system of WCW and thus the people.