Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

What does "event" mean

My guess is that it's a time limited Halloween event with some textures replaced with pumpkins and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

What does "event" mean

It sounds like it'll be a yearly themed event just like Overwatch has. Themed stuff to do that's only available for a few weeks around Halloween. No idea if that means completely new areas/enemies/quests just for the event, or if they'll just throw pumpkin heads on the psychos and call it a day. Still, I'd expect a bunch of Halloween themed cosmetics; maybe some unique guns but they probably don't want to lock anything too gameplay affecting inside a timed event. We'll probably get Mercenary Day around Christmas and a handful of other events throughout next year.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
The cynic in me can imagine that a deal was struck to cross promote Borderlands 3 in Fortnite in exchange for time limited content so people would be less inclined to wait for the Steam release.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

I think the only time Fire has been super good was in the Zombie Island DLC.

It's also good in the Commander Lilith DLC. Literally burns right through those massive plant-monster health-pools.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RVWinkle posted:

My guess is that it's a time limited Halloween event with some textures replaced with pumpkins and such.

probably some candy themed quests too i assume

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I wouldn’t mind saying hi to zombie TK again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqRf9JPr2BY

Guardian ranks look nuts. Every character can get Salvador's Overkill skill. Also if it stacks then C-C-Combo looks like it could be nuts with an infinite shooting Moze build.

Mayhem mode looks cool but the Mayhem 3(and maybe even Mayhem 2) modifiers could completely cripple specific builds.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 31, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Don't watch this if you don't want lore/story spoiler.

Specifically:
The box include 5? vault keys we have not seen before that we probably find in the game

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 31, 2019

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Did you just say "don't watch the video if you don't want a spoiler" and then write the spoiler down afterwards?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
we taught tei to post wrong as a joke

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hello, please spoiler-tag all your spoilers tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I took off for bl3

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sorry guys.

The dentist made some carnage in my mouth, and I am not very much myself.

Kaysette posted:

we taught tei to post wrong as a joke

*sakes first* hahahaha...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
To be fair it seems reasonable to infer there would be more vault keys.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Isn’t the premise that you’re racing the calypso twins to a bunch of vaults on several planets?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think most of us were expecting four or five Vaults like in a BioWare game, though, not more than fifty.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
As someone who hasn't been paying attention, how does the gun customisation work? Do you break down existing guns to get their parts? Are they unlimited? Can you add special redtext parts?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is there any customization besides skins? anything else would kinda destroy the entire gameplay loop

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I don't know, stuff we've seen lets you examine a gun with a breakdown of components, it might just be making it easier to figure out the system.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh right, when I saw the breakdown thing maybe I took it too literally. I thought it was a strange inclusion.

Am I a rare breed in that I bank guns that just look cool or that I had a good run with even if they're useless for future encounters?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Nah that’s pretty common

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Songbearer posted:

Oh right, when I saw the breakdown thing maybe I took it too literally. I thought it was a strange inclusion.

Stop me if you already knew this, but in 2 every gun and shield, uniques and legendaries too, were randomly generated from a range of parts and part of the grind was learning what parts were what and not just getting X, but getting X with a, b, and c part on it so it was a 'perfect' X.

This new feature looks like it will make it easier to check what parts are on a piece of loot in search of that 'perfect' one. Of course now there's a gently caress ton more parts any given thing can have, yay RNG :smith:

quote:

Am I a rare breed in that I bank guns that just look cool or that I had a good run with even if they're useless for future encounters?

Not at all, that's half my bl2 bank on any given character, if I'm honest.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Nothing in the PAX rundown is bad, though it's kind of a wash if they don't evolve from BL2's loot setup. It's really cool that there's more modes and they're going back to normal DLC after loving everyone on TPS. On the endgame side, though, adding more events doesn't fix the problems with loot/progression.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Which edition are folks getting? I figure I should pull the trigger on a pre-order. I don't imagine id be saving much compared to a separate season pass, and u think the other stuff is all cosmetic?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Which edition are folks getting? I figure I should pull the trigger on a pre-order. I don't imagine id be saving much compared to a separate season pass, and u think the other stuff is all cosmetic?

I just went with standard, can pull the trigger on the season pass a bit later.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BizarroAzrael posted:

I’m getting the steam edition

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I found out you can buy it from the 2K store instead of epic -- though you still download it from epic -- so I'm going with that option, since my friends all want to play it now. I might go with the season pass version, haven't decided yet

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Patiently waiting until it's $20 or less on Steam.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Solumin posted:

I found out you can buy it from the 2K store instead of epic -- though you still download it from epic -- so I'm going with that option, since my friends all want to play it now. I might go with the season pass version, haven't decided yet

That's interesting, any word if I can transfer my characters from the windows edition to the steam one? Like how accessible save files are in Borderlands 2/1?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Not sure, but it may be more locked down than BL1/2/TPS because BL3 will ship with Denuvo DRM, according to the Epic Store page. I'm hoping we'll be able to transfer stuff over though. At the very least, Epic and Steam players will be able to play with each other.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

save files have been super transferable before so hopefully that stays the same

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Solumin posted:

Not sure, but it may be more locked down than BL1/2/TPS because BL3 will ship with Denuvo DRM, according to the Epic Store page. I'm hoping we'll be able to transfer stuff over though. At the very least, Epic and Steam players will be able to play with each other.

Isn't Denuvo ridiculously easy to crack and bypass nowadays?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's probably just to stop piracy for the first couple weeks, so hopefully it won't be an issue. And yeah, it's usually broken within hours.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I got the $100 xbox preorder since that's where pretty much everyone I know plays it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

BizarroAzrael posted:

The bigass edition on PS4 since I played the first two to death and everyone I know is getting it. I wish I could just support the devs instead of Pitchford but here we are.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Risky Bisquick posted:

I’m getting the steam edition

I'm planning on waiting for the Steam release too. This game looks great but it will be even better next year after some patches and dlc. It's not like there's a shortage of games to play in the meantime. I just got a free copy of Celeste!

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Picked up the super deluxe edition, I know I'll buy season pass so might as well get it on discount now. $20 off if you want it unless you want for some goty edition to be $20

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Got the super deluxe edition , because I like all of bl2's DLC campaigns.
Though to be honest I probably would have waited without the 25% off I got for it at GMG.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The Presequel having such lacklustre DLC and season pass made me avoid preordering DLC with any game, and this goes double for a new Borderlands game. So just the normal edition for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I got the Deluxe edition without the season pass from Amazon, I'll get the pass later on, I'm not overly fond of paying for phantom content.