Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There was also that, by that’s almost a given. People used to think Kristen Stewart was full of herself because she was cagey about questions about her personal/dating life when she was like, 21. In reality, she’s just a really introverted person and thankfully got taught how to handle herself by Jodie Foster when she was like 14 and making Panic Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok posted:

Not to mention women in any industry getting labels if they have things like opinions and backbones.

Not to mention somebody comes up to you and harasses you while you're eating and you tell them to gently caress off and nobody thinks you're an rear end in a top hat because you're not famous but they do it one time and here come the rumors.

Funny enough I look extremely like a certain celebrity and get confused for him all the time especially since he was filming on the Fox lot where I work for a long time and I hear rumors that he's an rear end in a top hat and I wonder how much I'm personally contributing to that rumor because I am kind of an rear end in a top hat. Sorry dude.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cvnvcnv posted:

I don't understand why the attitude of making the movies seems to be that obviously the action needs to get pumped up and made more bombastic and over-the-top so finally audiences will be won over again. Strip it down. The first TERMINATOR was a lot of things, including a man and a woman huddled together, speaking softly to each other and falling in love. The abject refusal to move back to that tempo and temperament only hinders.

This is kind of why I ended up souring on T2 as an adult. As a kid T2 was the everything action movie, it had all the elements a big blockbuster should have, but upon further rewatch over the years the movie just felt diluted to me, like it can't decide what it wants to be, whereas the cold, brutal tech-noir of the original film still feels fresh, risky, and unnerving to this day.

Lobok posted:

Not to mention women in any industry getting labels if they have things like opinions and backbones.

This. So hard. She's no more an rear end in a top hat than Tom Hardy doing his method acting in Fury Road, it's just that the industry is fine with men doing it and sidelines women when they do it. It's how someone as awesome as Michelle Rodriguez can be sidelined in the industry as "difficult". Fury Road is so awesome because it basically sticks together two leads who respect but don't actually like each other very much and finds that incredible balance to deliver a story that capitalizes on that tension.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
kiimo looks like seth rogen confirmed

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I have a friend that looks almost exactly like Judd Apatow, should I tell him to come to LA and try to get free dinners and poo poo?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Funny enough I look extremely like a certain celebrity and get confused for him all the time especially since he was filming on the Fox lot where I work for a long time and I hear rumors that he's an rear end in a top hat and I wonder how much I'm personally contributing to that rumor because I am kind of an rear end in a top hat. Sorry dude.

Ashton body double

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

I have a friend that looks almost exactly like Judd Apatow, should I tell him to come to LA and try to get free dinners and poo poo?

I was at a thai place and they brought me a plate of eggrolls and said we love the show and I said thanks for watching and ate that poo poo.

I got free beers on St. Patty's Day so I took pictures with this group of people. I was highly amused that the next day sober they were gonna see those pics and the poo poo eating grin on my face and be like oh man

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Not to mention somebody comes up to you and harasses you while you're eating and you tell them to gently caress off and nobody thinks you're an rear end in a top hat because you're not famous but they do it one time and here come the rumors.

On this site alone there's tons of times I've seen someone post "so-and-so is a JERK" and when they get pressed on their reasons, it's something like "I caught them on the way out of a theater and they were VERY distracted and would not pose for a picture with me"

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

davidspackage posted:

On this site alone there's tons of times I've seen someone post "so-and-so is a JERK" and when they get pressed on their reasons, it's something like "I caught them on the way out of a theater and they were VERY distracted and would not pose for a picture with me"

The only "celebrity x is an rear end in a top hat" complaints that I pay attention to are if they're rude to the crew. I don't give a poo poo if they don't want to talk to some random stranger on the street.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I don't give a poo poo if they don't want to talk to some random stranger on the street.

My process of exchange with every celebrity I have ever seen out is to catch their eyes, give a head nod of acknowledgment (typically getting one back), then completely leave them alone and not even look at them again.

No "assholes" yet! In fact, celebrities all seem very chill and agreeable from this standard of interaction. :shrug:

I think most civilians are the issue in this regard.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

cvnvcnv posted:

I think most civilians are the issue in this regard.

The six branches of the Armed Forces: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Celebrities.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lobok posted:

The six branches of the Armed Forces: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Celebrities.

U forgot space force

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MacheteZombie posted:

U forgot space force

No because it will be made up entirely of celebrities.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not even kidding here when I say that Tom Cruise is the most qualified celebrity for the Space Force. Hell he even already has Space Madness.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought the proper terminology was Space Dementia.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I believe it’s called pandorum

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lobok posted:

No because it will be made up entirely of celebrities.

They’re stars, after all.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I believe it’s called pandorum

No, that’s a disappointing Dennis Quaid movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Space Force: My God It's Full Of Stars

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Vagabundo posted:

They’re stars, after all.

No, that’s a disappointing Dennis Quaid movie.

ben foster is really good in it though which is true of everything hes in

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Doesnt feel like hes been in a lot of really good movies though, wish he was

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Ammanas posted:

ben foster is really good in it though which is true of everything hes in

I love Ben Foster, but go watch the World of Warcraft movie to be disillusioned of this opinion

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm guessing from this comment you've seen Hell or High Water (streaming on Netflix) and Leave No Trace (Amazon Prime), but if not, get on them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He's usually the best part of whatever movie he's in.

But yeah, go out of your way to see Hell or High Water.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hell yeah that movie loving owns

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

Space Force: My God It's Full Of Stars

Could be worse!

Space Force: Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Eyes to See

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I liked him in Leave No Trace tho

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Unoriginal Name posted:

I love Ben Foster, but go watch the World of Warcraft movie to be disillusioned of this opinion

hes still good in that and the movie almost works
the canyon lightning scene owns i literally believed ben foster could summon lightning

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL4McUzXfFI

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Way, way better than the teaser at getting across what they need to for a movie like this

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

God that looks so good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Of all the things to be adapted into a movie... I can't say I'm mad about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjljgkCQv5c

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

BonoMan posted:

God that looks so good.

Huge improvement on the teaser, which just kinda felt cute.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I still don't understand the premise of the story but it's Taika so why the gently caress would you not watch this opening night. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was really good too btw.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks to me like Hitler is the manifestation of Nazi propaganda in the boy's mind, which is challenged when the boy finds that his mother is hiding a young Jewish girl in their attic. The film appears to be about the conflict between what he was taught by the Nazis and his own observations about the world.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I still don't understand the premise of the story

A young boy training in the Hitler Youth must confront his blind devotion to Hitler and the Nazi regime, which manifests in an idealized version of Adolf as his imaginary friend/conscience, when he meets the young Jewish girl his mother has been hiding in their house.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

love it. love it love it already.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Teenage Fansub posted:

A young boy training in the Hitler Youth must confront his blind devotion to Hitler and the Nazi regime, which manifests in an idealized version of Adolf as his imaginary friend/conscience, when he meets the young Jewish girl his mother has been hiding in their house.
Okay, but like... is Hitler Jojo's stand?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

I was in before, but now I'm super in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jojo Rabbit seems like the kind of movie I would've loved like 10 years ago but now I just have no interest in seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The fact that they're plastering "THIS IS A SATIRE" all over the marketing is really bugging me.