Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

BiggerBoat posted:

What even is "straight pride"?

Like, has being straight been a major inconvenience for you in your life, something you've been mocked at and discriminated for or otherwise been encouraged to feel shame over or had off color jokes made at your expense?

All kidding aside and whatever, but where's the courage in standing up for what 90% of the population takes for granted and never has a problem with being?

They get mocked because they stand up for it. If they didn't stand up, nobody would care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

People like this feel threatened by social change towards treating gay people and other minorities like actual human beings who deserve respect. To them that's the equivalent of discrimination towards them. It's incredibly twisted and awful.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well, obviously privilege is a zero sum game, so if someone's getting more of it that means someone else is getting less. Duh.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Mostly because they want to keep on treating other-than-straight(white, male) people like crap, and society no longer agreeing with their views makes them feel bad. So they need to feel validated again.

Totally the same as having pride in yourself despite systemic abuse.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I mean, have you seen these losers? They've got nothing else to be proud of. The nazi gently caress who thinks Jews created LGBTQ people to destroy the world is a 36-year-old failed white rapper who lives with his mom.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

Well, obviously privilege is a zero sum game, so if someone's getting more of it that means someone else is getting less. Duh.

https://twitter.com/probirdrights/status/368542088897372161

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BiggerBoat posted:

What even is "straight pride"?

Like, has being straight been a major inconvenience for you in your life, something you've been mocked at and discriminated for or otherwise been encouraged to feel shame over or had off color jokes made at your expense?

All kidding aside and whatever, but where's the courage in standing up for what 90% of the population takes for granted and never has a problem with being?

Where's MY participation trophy??

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Specifically https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1168019564535283714

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Birds definitely have solid praxis.

Elderly woman killed by 'aggressive rooster' in SA highlights the dangers of varicose veins

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Amazing how true the tweet is, just browsing through I mistook them for a couple, until I read the text.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I kind of hate to play to stereotypes, but these guys are so anti-gay that they clearly don't have anyone gay to advise their wardrobe. I mean, OK, guy on the left is kind of schlubby, but otherwise OK. He probably should have some pants that are the correct length or roll them under. And for gently caress's sake close our drat jacket. Unless you can't because this whole suit is from when you were both thinner and taller.

Guy on the right though, chartreuse jacket, aqua shirt, yellow tie, grey slacks and black shoes. Jesus. Plus the jacket either is some kind of hound's tooth pattern or the jpeg artfiacting is really bad.

And as pointed out in the comments, why is it two dudes holding a "straight" flag? Are they so repulsive that neither one could convince a straight woman to be photographed with them?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

CzarChasm posted:

And as pointed out in the comments, why is it two dudes holding a "straight" flag? Are they so repulsive that neither one could convince a straight woman to be photographed with them?

It has been said that a wise person's riddle contains half the answer.
The other half is that they obviously have massive self image issues, like colossal sized issues.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Nice to see my hometown getting repped. It's incredible to see an image on the internet and instantly know exactly where in the world it exists.

This was as close as I could get due to there being a truck in the way, also they blurred out "Honda" for some reason

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I mean, have you seen these losers? They've got nothing else to be proud of. The nazi gently caress who thinks Jews created LGBTQ people to destroy the world is a 36-year-old failed white rapper who lives with his mom.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The popularity of yaoi manga disproves some of your point.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

By popular demand posted:

The popularity of yaoi manga disproves some of your point.

Oh yeah, the one about the schlubby straight pride guy and the fabulous gay pride guy. What was that one called again?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobok posted:

Oh yeah, the one about the schlubby straight pride guy and the fabulous gay pride guy. What was that one called again?

from sissy to cissy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have to assume this one's on purpose

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This happened in SA???

Megatron, No!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I recently rewatched the Roast of Bruce Willis where one of the best jokes is that his agent is just an answering message that says “he’ll do it!”. I'm in Belgium today and just passed this ad and it was so timely to me I did a laughing double take and couldn't explain why I found it so funny:

Even his unsure smile seems to say “what the hell is this for and how much are they paying?”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Do energy drinks make your hair fall out? Cuz then he'd be a good spokesman for them.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

:same:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

jojoinnit posted:

“what the hell is this for"

Naturally.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

jojoinnit posted:

I recently rewatched the Roast of Bruce Willis where one of the best jokes is that his agent is just an answering message that says “he’ll do it!”. I'm in Belgium today and just passed this ad and it was so timely to me I did a laughing double take and couldn't explain why I found it so funny:

Even his unsure smile seems to say “what the hell is this for and how much are they paying?”

"Hello, I'm Bruce Willis and this is hell.

I'm in hell.

Please someone help"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jojoinnit posted:

I think the last good film he was in was probably Looper.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

"Hello, I'm Bruce Willis and this is hell.

I'm in hell.

Please someone help"

You goddamn pay for that lovely Hudson Hawk film tie-in speccy game I bought with my own money, you hack :argh:

e: On sober reflection, he probably wasn't that involved with the game, so eternity in hell might be a bit much. I'll settle for twenty years.

e2: Actually, make that fifty.

tight aspirations has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Sep 2, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:hmmyes:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

jojoinnit posted:

Bruce WILLIS

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Vfy0TxKaE

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the last good film he was in was probably Looper.

Moonrise Kingdom was released the same year and it is very good

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

"It's the current trend" is hardly a recommendation Bruce.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So this is the basic uncertainty of this hurricane. It seems likely to turn north but where the turn occurs, either over Florida or over the ocean east of Florida is unknown.

There is a high pressure ridge in the midwest right now as well as in the Atlantic ocean. The more western high pressure wasn't expected to move and the models had Dorian going right into Florida.

However a large thunderstorm around Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas developed yesterday and the models saw that pushing the high pressure eastward and potentially making Dorian turn north. I have labeled a cone of uncertainty showing the likely path of the northward movement.

As the high pressure is pushed eastward Dorian will slide slowly but firmly up the coast before a second low pressure will quickly blow Dorian near Cape Hatteras to shoot out into the Atlantic ocean.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:yosnice:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

So this is the basic uncertainty of this hurricane. It seems likely to turn north but where the turn occurs, either over Florida or over the ocean east of Florida is unknown.

There is a high pressure ridge in the midwest right now as well as in the Atlantic ocean. The more western high pressure wasn't expected to move and the models had Dorian going right into Florida.

However a large thunderstorm around Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas developed yesterday and the models saw that pushing the high pressure eastward and potentially making Dorian turn north. I have labeled a cone of uncertainty showing the likely path of the northward movement.

As the high pressure is pushed eastward Dorian will slide slowly but firmly up the coast before a second low pressure will quickly blow Dorian near Cape Hatteras to shoot out into the Atlantic ocean.

If I say "we're gonna need a bigger boat!" maybe it adds the funny to your pics?

E: fuuuuuck I was reading on the street on my phone and missed it and feel like an idiot

jojoinnit has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Sep 2, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

jojoinnit posted:

If I say "we're gonna need a bigger boat!" maybe it adds the funny to your pics?

It sure didn't do it for your post

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

BiggerBoat posted:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It sure didn't do it for your post

Yeah I'm an idiot

jojoinnit has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Sep 2, 2019

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Great to see that after his salary dispute-fueled firing from the Expendables franchise he found something greater to work on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

BiggerBoat posted: