Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
wwe is going to fail upwards until I die and it makes me sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never underestimate what you can get away with when you have friends at the top

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This is the last Monday with no MNF until January :getin:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This thread is a trip sometimes

Lots of posts from people having a debate about the validity of the people's elbow as a finisher battling a single person trying to get everyone to care about Asuka becoming a twitch streamer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Lots of posts from people having a debate about the validity of the people's elbow as a finisher battling a single person trying to get everyone to care about Asuka becoming a twitch streamer

Shouting on a street corner about Joshi in Florida is a weird hobby when you phrase it like that.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

DarkstarIV posted:

Looks like Xavier has competition incoming.

This setup is literally as standard as it gets, looks like she got everything she need

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I care because the channel name gives me false hope she's gonna get the gently caress outta that garbage company.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I care because the channel name gives me false hope she's gonna get the gently caress outta that garbage company.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that front. She likely chose the name because WWE almost certainly owns the trademarks and rights to the character Asuka. And just like Xavier Woods, she probably chose to brand the channel under her former alias in order to keep it out of the hands of WWE, so if she ever does leave in the future, she doesn't need to rebrand.

And she isn't the first person, and likely won't be the last person to do that either. I know Xavier is the most high profile example of using WWE's image to elevate their own brand. But there's also Mandy (DaMandyz Donuts), Tyler Breeze/Baron Corbin/Shawn Spears(fka Tye Dillenger) who used it to launch [TheSweetz100], and a couple of others who have used WWE's branding image to elevate their own.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 2, 2019

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Guillotines.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also http://labor411.org/411-blog/trumps-nlrb-outlaws-union-organizing-at-workplace-if-property-not-owned-by-employer/

Which goes to show that we in the US are careening into the old days of the labor where workers just do poo poo regardless if it's legal or not (which actually got better results than the last 50 years)

Anyone join the IWW if you can

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1168262355978842113
It's looking like Asuka may be getting ready to start YouTube or Twitch streaming! Cover your god drat balls, Trihex!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1167564733064499201

What's going on with Asuka? About to start streaming video games, mayhap?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that front. She likely chose the name because WWE almost certainly owns the trademarks and rights to the character Asuka. And just like Xavier Woods, she probably chose to brand the channel under her former alias in order to keep it out of the hands of WWE, so if she ever does leave in the future, she doesn't need to rebrand.

It's also the name she uses on UpUpDownDown.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know there's more to it but it's still insane to me that someone could do all that ninja warrior poo poo but couldn't last six months in the WWE system.

Ninja Warrior's a competition every what, six months at most? A back problem goes a lot less well with working matches three days a week for fifty weeks a year.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
at this point the PC may have killed more careers than it made

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/1168511535632674816

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
At least have the decency to lose a Hair vs Hair match first Finn

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Liquid Communism posted:

Ninja Warrior's a competition every what, six months at most? A back problem goes a lot less well with working matches three days a week for fifty weeks a year.
Wasn't she also big into Cross Fit which leads to injuries all the time?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
upupdowndown was neat at the beggining now is just another part of the WWE and gently caress that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A traditional Japanese kimono?

Prince Devitt for WK14 confirmed :getin:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sounds like Asuka loving gave up that WWE would ever use her correctly again and is taking steps to just do other poo poo.

It always made me laugh when AJ Styles said he was a major game geek but whenever he played against Xavier or Asuka in street fighter or literally anything, he got exposed as being loving terrible at videogames. Him complaining loudly when Xavier hosed him up at SFV was amazing

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

you can be a gaming nerd and still be terrible at video games

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DLC Inc posted:

sounds like Asuka loving gave up that WWE would ever use her correctly again and is taking steps to just do other poo poo.

It always made me laugh when AJ Styles said he was a major game geek but whenever he played against Xavier or Asuka in street fighter or literally anything, he got exposed as being loving terrible at videogames. Him complaining loudly when Xavier hosed him up at SFV was amazing

I am also a very big game player who is abjectly terrible at video games.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bradzilla posted:

you can be a gaming nerd and still be terrible at video games

Agreed. I do not speak from personal experience.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

AJ Styles being destroyed by Xavier is even funnier when you realize Xavier is also absolutely awful at most video games

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

extradite THIS! posted:

AJ Styles being destroyed by Xavier is even funnier when you realize Xavier is also absolutely awful at most video games

He also has terrible taste because he likes David Cage games.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TriffTshngo posted:

He also has terrible taste because he likes David Cage games.

AJ or Xavier?

Also don't forget AJ's irrational hatred of the PS4 as well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

DarkstarIV posted:

AJ or Xavier?

Xavier. He was a guest on the Super Best Friendcast like 2 years ago or so and you could tell they wanted to rip into him about it way harder than they actually did when the topic came up because all of them have pretty strong (primarily negative) feelings about Cage and his games.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

upupdowndown was neat at the beggining now is just another part of the WWE and gently caress that

Channel was dead to me when they had Stephanie on as their big 1 million subscriber surprise.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rarity posted:

A traditional Japanese kimono?

Prince Devitt for WK14 confirmed :getin:

Isn't his contract up soon?

Ospreay needs to fight someone, you know.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

AJ or Xavier?

AJ seems like the kind of guy who gets mad any time he sees someone driving a Japanese car instead of an American one

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

And just like Xavier Woods, she probably chose to brand the channel under her former alias in order to keep it out of the hands of WWE
WWE very much owns everything Woods does for his channel and he's openly griped about that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
AEW put on a big show that was generally well received, we need to really step up tonight and deliver some high quality writing...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1168613311233036289?s=20

So uh what are the odds this ends with Becky and Bayley being tag champs? So WWE can talk about Becky 2 Belts again, and Bayley 2 Belts now as well?

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 2, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

zero, probably. Heel team cheats and pins bayley seems par for the course here.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doesn't say it's a title match.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So uh what are the odds this ends with Becky and Bayley being tag champs? So WWE can talk about Becky 2 Belts again, and Bayley 2 Belts now as well?

zero cause it's not a title match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

zero cause it's not a title match

For now. It would be completely in WWE's wheelhouse to turn it into a title match sometime during the show. Especially with rumors that there will be a women's tag title defense during CoC as well, and there are literally no teams left for Alexa/Nikki to face.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

alexa and nikki will lose in yet another step towards making the tag divisions look like dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

For now. It would be completely in WWE's wheelhouse to turn it into a title match sometime during the show. Especially with rumors that there will be a women's tag title defense during CoC as well, and there are literally no teams left for Alexa/Nikki to face.

With the Power of the Titles either Becky or Bayley can demand it to be made for the titles. However, Alexa and Nikki also have titles, so ultimately everyone should lose their titles as it cancels out