Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sleeveless posted:

Anyone who lives in a hurricane area and doesn't just buy a power pack, especially after experiencing even once what it's like to lose power for an extended time, is missing out. With coupons you can get one from Harbor Freight for less than $50 and having 20 hours of power is a life saver. Especially if you conserve it to just keep your phone charged.

Or if you really want to be balling you can get something like a Job Rocker and have a power pack that doubles as a waterproof speaker so you can have a phone-charging block party afterward.

How long will one of these run a cpap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fabulousity posted:

Looks like that's about 90 miles straight East of Freeport so they should be through the worst of it. Did they comment on the level of destruction in their immediate area?

They said everyone on Great Guana Cay that they know at least is ok, some people from Bakers Bay helped out. And that a lot of houses are gone.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

How long will one of these run a cpap

Found a random one with 300Wh capacity, looks like most CPAP machines are 30-60 watts, so 5-10 hours? Depends on the model of both, of course.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that's novel.

https://twitter.com/WAFB/status/1168675451734306816?s=20

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Silly Burrito posted:

Well that's novel.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I hope her house-turned-kite doesn't fly away!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

A-Whoop!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/215101.shtml?tswind120#contents

Looks like a dick

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Have you met Reveille? She's so adorable.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow it really is going to hit the entire usa east coast. wow.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

As foretold ...

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

As the high pressure is pushed eastward Dorian will slide slowly but firmly up the coast before a second low pressure will quickly blow Dorian near Cape Hatteras to shoot out into the Atlantic ocean.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Biscuit Hider

So this is why Trump thinks Alabama is gonna get hit.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

The Walrus posted:

wow it really is going to hit the entire usa east coast. wow.
just like the titanic, the worst damage is from a sideswipe. also just like the titanic the country is going to split in half and sink into the ocean

these may not be cause-and-effect, but they're definitely related.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Have you met Reveille? She's so adorable.

A close family friend of mine ended up coming down to take up part of the fake army for a few years in my underclassman years so I got very familiar with Ms. Rev, who is a treasure

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Driving through my neighborhood in northeast FL this evening I couldn't help but notice all of the dumb crap people still have out in their yards that could be swiftly transformed into window-shattering projectiles. Also, one person is trying to give away/throw out a refrigerator by leaving it at the end of their driveway all weekend? It would be funny to see a refrigerator door go through the windshield of one of the $50k pickup trucks dudes seem to love to park at the end of their driveways around here.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Seriously hope Florida never changes.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

So this is why Trump thinks Alabama is gonna get tit.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Injecting the Rick Scott 'Death Is Certain' picture directly in my veins. I'm ready

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

araeris posted:

Driving through my neighborhood in northeast FL this evening I couldn't help but notice all of the dumb crap people still have out in their yards that could be swiftly transformed into window-shattering projectiles. Also, one person is trying to give away/throw out a refrigerator by leaving it at the end of their driveway all weekend? It would be funny to see a refrigerator door go through the windshield of one of the $50k pickup trucks dudes seem to love to park at the end of their driveways around here.
Thankfully people aren稚 doing that here but I imagine they are doing it in other neighborhoods

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Spaced God posted:

A close family friend of mine ended up coming down to take up part of the fake army for a few years in my underclassman years so I got very familiar with Ms. Rev, who is a treasure

https://twitter.com/tamuvetmed/status/1166002796732329984

She's such a sweetie

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My cousin lives in London and produces documentaries for the BBC and they sent her out to Miami to work on a piece about the storm and I知 super worried about her right now.

https://twitter.com/alan_amoreno/status/1168674064606605312?s=21

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Important Announcement:

https://twitter.com/rayadverb/status/1167475959097942016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

My cousin lives in London and produces documentaries for the BBC and they sent her out to Miami to work on a piece about the storm and I知 super worried about her right now.

Well at least right now Miami is perfectly fine. No wind or rain here, can't even tell a storm is destroying the bahamas right off the coast

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Burbo posted:

Well at least right now Miami is perfectly fine. No wind or rain here, can't even tell a storm is destroying the bahamas right off the coast

Drive north and chase it off coward

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

El Burbo posted:

Well thank you for some piece of mind! Hope everyone and their families and friends are doing ok. I know I dropped an extremely flippant shitpost upthread, but for real, stay safe and good luck y誕ll.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

All the flights going into and out of Miami just got travel advisories

I知 stuck in the Caribbean trying to get back to Europe

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Julius CSAR posted:

Well thank you for some piece of mind! Hope everyone and their families and friends are doing ok. I know I dropped an extremely flippant shitpost upthread, but for real, stay safe and good luck y誕ll.

you bastard... you goddamn bastard!!!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

soy posted:

Drive north and chase it off coward

he should make sure he has his cooler full of ice so he can make a protective ring out of it in case the storm turns suddenly

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ruggan posted:

you bastard... you goddamn bastard!!!

:grin:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Truniht posted:

All the flights going into and out of Miami just got travel advisories

Jose is that you?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Truniht posted:

Bad move, home boy. Just stay here, crack open a beer and relax a little

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Y4NxUPG30

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

it's surreal that on page one I was about to get hit by the thing in Puerto Rico, when it was just moving up to cat 1 status on weds, and now I'm chill as gently caress while the same storm has gone berserk not too far north.

I know the same scenario is probably going to play out a few more times within the next 8 weeks and I might be on the receiving end next time. Living in the Caribbean is going to rapidly turn me into alcoholic

At least the rum is good and cheap

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Julius CSAR posted:

What the hell is it with the British and having a knack for getting stuck in Hurricanes in southern Florida??

Post her balcony.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

She'll be fine. Hurricanes do not go south.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TraderStav posted:

What the hell is it with the British and having a knack for getting stuck in Hurricanes in southern Florida??

Post her balcony.

Hello from me, the Brit in South Florida going through my third hurricane in three years.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Wow Dave Barry is still alive? I just assumed he died the same time his relevance did when the Big Trouble movie bombed after 9/11.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sleeveless posted:

Wow Dave Barry is still alive? I just assumed he died the same time his relevance did when the Big Trouble movie bombed after 9/11.

Dave Barry was funny as hell in his day whippersnapper.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Spins posted:

Dave Barry was funny as hell in his day whippersnapper.

His book about going to Japan is great because that entire decade was just white people making GBS threads their pants in terror at the idea of inscrutable Japanese businessmen taking over the country and he's just like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

What if it just stays there and never leaves? It feels like this how we get a Jupiter spot.