Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Varg posted:

Those are pretty cool.. and here I am with one 6 year old board that I should probably replace soon. I've never ridden a Never Summer but I was looking at almost buying the Proto last year which seems to be my type of more playful ride.
Definitely demo first. Some people hate the CRC hybrid camber of Never Summer and similar one of Mervin. I like having that pivoty middle rocker section. It makes my freeride death planks much more versatile and playful.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Those Now bindings are neat.
Yes, I can't wait to try them out. I've never used NOW as I like my bindings really stiff and responsive but all the reviews of the NOW O-Drives have been positive. All the responsiveness but less fatigue and chatter and more force over the edges.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

The only time I used now bindings was at a demo day the first or second year they were out. I really disliked them, super uncomfortable. Everyone seems to really like them though so maybe they have improved.

E: Sick boards

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Bumping the thread to say Ikon just added Zermatt. Also we need a 19/20 thread.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Can’t we just nuke La Niña?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Farmer's Almanac says it's going to be super loving cold everywhere except the west and also it will snow:

edit: I mean I guess also it won't be cold in Florida but who cares

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Well it is raining a lot in Bariloche and hopefully snowing a lot in the mountains. Been super windy since we got here Sunday night. Hopefully get to ski tomorrow afternoon.

The good news is Bariloche is basically the Colorado of beers in Argentina. A ton of awesome breweries.

Hopefully I will have some stoke for you guys in the next day or two

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HookShot posted:

Eh, it'll go back to the sea whence it came soon enough.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

HookShot posted:

Farmer's Almanac says it's going to be super loving cold everywhere except the west and also it will snow:

I would be interested to see how this compares to last years prediction. Did they do a similar infographic?

Edit: Just kidding, only took a second of searching

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Yuns posted:

Bumping the thread to say Ikon just added Zermatt. Also we need a 19/20 thread.

19/20 The Ikon Pass added Greenland

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

HookShot posted:

What’s the difference between frigid and frozen? Midwest vs the Great Plains

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

ironlung posted:

Ah!!!! That is why Denmark turned down Trump. Just had a better offer.

E: even though Denmark can't sell Greenland...

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

ironlung posted:

Okay but what are the blackout dates?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dangerllama posted:

Okay but what are the blackout dates?

Only a few days in December usually :haw:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I would be interested to see how this compares to last years prediction. Did they do a similar infographic?

I can’t speak for the rest of the country but in the pnw we got polar vortexed into frigid temperatures almost all winter and dumped on in December but overall less snow than normal.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 28, 2019

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Hi thread I am moving to Truckee in a month and I am excited. That is all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Steve French posted:

I am so loving jealous, I've been desperately wanting to do something like that

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

IncredibleIgloo posted:

OpenSnow did an article re long term forecasts

https://opensnow.com/news/post/did-anyone-accurately-predict-the-2018-19-winter-season

The answer is that nobody did a good job

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Steve French posted:

Awesome I'm jealous of your alternative timeline me

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

At my old law firm one of the partners, who was a huge rainmaker, and I were seriously discussing adding a Bozeman office solely so we could ski/snowboard in the winter. We both ended up leaving before we could put it into effect. I really wish we had done that.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Yuns posted:

At my old law firm one of the partners, who was a huge rainmaker, and I were seriously discussing adding a Bozeman office solely so we could ski/snowboard in the winter. We both ended up leaving before we could put it into effect. I really wish we had done that.

When my old firm added a mountain west office, the announcement email included a “we are not looking for anyone to move to this office at this time” clause specifically because of this.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Anyone have a Cypress corporate code this year for the season pass discount?

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Today was very nice

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1uW0vAgg39/?igshid=2xw1tqwcf19z

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

ohhh man i could go for some butt wiggling right about now. looks very fun

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

That looks like so much fun

I ran down a scree slope the other day, really not the same stoke

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Bunch of photos for you guys. This batch is touring out up and out of the resort.

These are the from going to Frey and back. Pretty cool place. Lots of rowdy terrain. Lots of icy descents.

This the the way we came into Frey. You drop in kind of at the low point in the middle of the photo. Then ski to the floor. Then a ton of switch backs up to the left of the photo until you get to the Refugio just out of frame.

We took the trail out (10kM long) and it was a lot of down hill skinning and then like 4 miles booting down in ski boots. But we really didn't bring the technical gear needed to exit the way we came.

It was really cool going out there. I would definitely bring more food to Frey then we did (the breakfast is a bit lacking if you are going to go climb all day). Even though it is winter here you really need to have boot crampons, ski crampons, and ice axes. The wind and warm(ish) temps really change the snow a lot. The best time to be at Frey to actually ski decent snow (without a ton of luck) is probably 3-4 weeks from now in true spring conditions.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Looks loving beautiful, those are great shots

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I wish we could make a picture the thread title.

Seriously though, that looks awesome. Cool shots!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wanna make a beef stew in that cabin and then sip on warm whiskey the rest of the night

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

HookShot posted:

I wish we could make a picture the thread title.

Seriously though, that looks awesome. Cool shots!

Haha, I picked a lower line and it was easy and he followed but then went higher and just ate it amazingly. Then the other three followed him... But didn't wreck as bad.

I told him lo siento/no lo siento para mi fotografia de mi amigo. In my best broken Spanish.

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 3, 2019

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i'm always so jealous of those trips

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Ikon Pass just added Matterhorn! Between that and Niseko it's gonna be hard to choose our anniversary splurge trip this coming season.

E:fb

Zisky fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 4, 2019

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I just found out Epic pass has a veteran discount, in addition to active duty and retired. Usually you don't look for veteran discounts because they typically just discount active and retired. So any vets reading this, now you know. Picked up the pass for like 530 bucks! Active duty and retired pass is almost free, at like 129 dollars.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Ikon Pass just added Matterhorn! Between that and Niseko it's gonna be hard to choose our anniversary splurge trip this coming season.

E:fb

Not sure it is even a choice. Japan every time.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

spwrozek posted:

This

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

spwrozek posted:

What if I want to go to Zermatt for a Swiss Alps Christmas Disney Dreamland Wondercation though

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Does anyone have any experience with the technica Cochise boots? Just tried a pair on and they seem great. And they’re 40% off.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

kiimo posted:

What if I want to go to Zermatt for a Swiss Alps Christmas Disney Dreamland Wondercation though

I mean go for it but Zermatt is one of the most expensive places in what is already one of the most expensive countries to ski in.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Moot .1415926535 posted:

Does anyone have any experience with the technica Cochise boots? Just tried a pair on and they seem great. And they’re 40% off.

Like any boot, it will be good if it fits you properly.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

HookShot posted:

I mean go for it but Zermatt is one of the most expensive places in what is already one of the most expensive countries to ski in.

Cervinia is way cheaper than Zermatt and I assume it's the same pass as its the same resort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Marcel Hirscher retiring at 30 to ski more pow, king move imo