Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I believe you friend. Just gotta chill with the insults, we only got each other in this forum honestly. Did you go to ti last year? We may have met

I've been to each TI and pretty much every major since '15, although I had to skip a few in 2018 and this year. I'm at every Dreamhack, major FGC stop and CSGO LAN so there have been a lot of overlaps recently. It's very possible we have. Vancouver was the best location too. Really bummed it wasn't there again this year.

I have no desire to fight/argue, I was just over not talking about DotA and the shuffle.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to get it back on track...

C9 is grabbing an EU based DotA team, and just got told first hand that Jack may grab ppd and let him run the show, should he choose to leave NiP. Not a C9 fan due to Jack but allowing ppd to have full control may seem insane from the outside but IMO it's smart move, or at least the best chance C9 would have for a year 1 team. The issue with ppd is that he, as well as Loda, Kyle, and just a few others are very social people and when paired with players that can't take criticism (most dota players) no raport is able to get built and the you can feel the tension in the practice rooms. I will say that ppd is a S tier drafter and captain but the success EG had was due to his drafts, early-mid game calls but once Fear came online he would take over as captain.

SumaiL stack doesn't have an org just yet but Chaos is in the lead currently. I actually don't know who else is trying to grab them but I should have that info sometime this evening.

IMO if you're an esport fan, Chaos is building to become the 100T on the east coast. Don't sleep on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is Universe washed? :smith:

hes been washed for like 4 years

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

gangnam reference posted:

hes been washed for like 4 years

I liked Universe a lot and last watched pro DOTA when Universe was on top. Did anything specific happen or just gradual decline?

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

96 spacejam posted:

I've been to each TI and pretty much every major since '15, although I had to skip a few in 2018 and this year. I'm at every Dreamhack, major FGC stop and CSGO LAN so there have been a lot of overlaps recently. It's very possible we have. Vancouver was the best location too. Really bummed it wasn't there again this year.

I have no desire to fight/argue, I was just over not talking about DotA and the shuffle.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to get it back on track...

C9 is grabbing an EU based DotA team, and just got told first hand that Jack may grab ppd and let him run the show, should he choose to leave NiP. Not a C9 fan due to Jack but allowing ppd to have full control may seem insane from the outside but IMO it's smart move, or at least the best chance C9 would have for a year 1 team. The issue with ppd is that he, as well as Loda, Kyle, and just a few others are very social people and when paired with players that can't take criticism (most dota players) no raport is able to get built and the you can feel the tension in the practice rooms. I will say that ppd is a S tier drafter and captain but the success EG had was due to his drafts, early-mid game calls but once Fear came online he would take over as captain.

SumaiL stack doesn't have an org just yet but Chaos is in the lead currently. I actually don't know who else is trying to grab them but I should have that info sometime this evening.

IMO if you're an esport fan, Chaos is building to become the 100T on the east coast. Don't sleep on them.

Why do you dislike Jack (assuming this is Jack KBBQ Chen)?

Do you think EG have made the right decision to 'build' around arteezy, given that he didn't look as flash as sumail during ti9?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

hairypanis posted:

Why do you dislike Jack (assuming this is Jack KBBQ Chen)?

Do you think EG have made the right decision to 'build' around arteezy, given that he didn't look as flash as sumail during ti9?

I love KBBQ! Honestly, he's one of the, if not the nicest guy in the scene. I worked with him a lot during his VG.j days and never once heard him say something negative about someone that wasn't wrapped in a light hearted joke.

The Jack I'm referring to is the longtime owner of C9.

edit:
https://twitter.com/JasonBWLake/status/1165646127120695296 lmao

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 2, 2019

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

posting that 10 minutes after his CS team was knocked out of a major was a power move

just not one that will actually help him lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

96 spacejam posted:

CDL is dead on arrival and a joke to everyone in the industry. Optic is a shell of its former self, 100T followed EGs lead by pulling out and FaZe will drop a similar statement anyday. At least it'll shed light on that piss poor franchise model and pull the curtains back on how Blizzard has been inflating OWL numbers. That's going to be a whole situation with serious consequences.

Imagine thinking it's impossible someone with a career in the gaming/esports industry isn't a goon. There are dozens of us. Stop scaring them away. w

Does Reddit know C9 is making an EU stack yet or nah? I don't read r/dota2 either way.

edit: clarity

I mean c9s own twitter hinted at getting a team like 2 days before you even started posting your leaks or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Cloud9/status/1167543427522686976

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/shuffle/ti9

if you wanna see everything thats on reddit

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 2, 2019

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Just gotta chill with the insults, we only got each other in this forum honestly.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The complexity ceo tweet was the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen and it was really embarrassing to see people defend him for it

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Kild posted:

I mean c9s own twitter hinted at getting a team like 2 days before you even started posting your leaks or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Cloud9/status/1167543427522686976

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/events/shuffle/ti9

if you wanna see everything thats on reddit

Just to be clear, I'm not the only person close to the situation that posts on various forums. I'm not claiming to hold deep secrets haha just slightly advanced knowledge as I'm close with players, talent, TOs, etc -- this one is an obvious hint but but an org saying they want to go into DotA is nothing new. You'll find that post and a CSGO post on every t1 org Twitter feed. TSM, 100T, Envy.. everyone wants a DotA team. It costs around $3-5M for a tier 1 roster and CS:GO is about double, assuming you're buying out players.

C9 is notoriously NA centric. The move to EU isn't public.. In fact we'll likely see an exodus from LA/TX as it's extremely difficult to get a variety of good scrim partners. Almost every org have a sister office on the East Coast or in EU for scrim purposes and those will likely overtake the LA, Texas based locations overtime. It's really just Chaos, Beastcoast on the East Coast with head offices.

edit: via Torte: TL talks still in progress, roster hasn't left. VP going through an exodus. Solo likely staying, Noone probably leaving to a Western org. *speculation* VP/Esforce is currently a dumpster fire and I wouldn't be surprised if Gambit creates a team with the players wanting to stay in CIS, Na'Vi coming back online and Empire actually qualifying. CIS is all over the place right now and I'm not close with anyone from that world, after Labor Day I can confirm Na'Vi's roster though.

edit2: All I care about at this point is hearing where zFreak lands. I can't see him joining an EU based org due to Kyle (they're super close) but what NA options are there?

edit3: It was heavily implied to myself that MidOne is going to Fnatic but they're moving away from SEA. I have no idea if it's factual but my gut tells me the person I was speaking with from Fnatic wanted it to be known without actually saying it outright.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 2, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

96 spacejam posted:

What does this mean? 100t arent well liked or well known

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The complexity ceo tweet was the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen and it was really embarrassing to see people defend him for it

:hmmyes:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Sinner posted:

You’d be surprised

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I just want to see EE do more incredibly dumb and low-level pub poo poo that loses otherwise unlosable games, IMO.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I cant believe EE found a team with decent players on it after last season

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Terminal autist posted:

I cant believe EE found a team with decent players on it after last five years

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
AUI keeps going back to EE, like a battered partner

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

96 spacejam posted:

edit3: It was heavily implied to myself that MidOne is going to Fnatic but they're moving away from SEA. I have no idea if it's factual but my gut tells me the person I was speaking with from Fnatic wanted it to be known without actually saying it outright.

I thought Midone was planning to move back to SEA because he missed his family/home?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

AUI keeps going back to EE, like a battered partner

PLD escaped. Maybe one day aui can too

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
What if the envy team is actually 1. moon 2. bryle 3. sneyking 4. aui 5. ee

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

PLD escaped.

He will be back

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Reality Sinner posted:

huh

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Sampatrick posted:

What if the envy team is actually 1. moon 2. bryle 3. sneyking 4. aui 5. ee

EE Axe was real

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE87jAZOqi8

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Reality Sinner posted:

100T has Nadeshot at the helm, Drake and I believe a few other celeb investors (Offset? Might be FaZe). LoL team rivaled TL during their first or second season iirc and most importantly Nade lifted the SUPREME clothing line and rebranded it.

so for a year one or two org they exploded with that 12-17yr old demo.

Chaos Esports Club now ran by WhatIsHip, Beyond The Summit co-founder with LD and Godz, got the team from Sunsfan and landed some pretty solid investors compared to most (aka they have a general understanding of the space). This is just conjecture on my part but it feels like a more mature 100T, and if they get the SumaiL stack, which it sounds like they are as of this morning they'll be in a very good spot going into 2020 with the addition of a new CSGO roster, and a top 5 R6 roster.

100T is trying for a DotA team, of course, but they don't have anyone familiar with the scene currently on their staff. We'll probably just see C9 enter the space this year. They're the only ones who seem to be actually committed.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 3, 2019

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Topson has stated that he's taking a break

Ana is probably also taking a break

RIP OG

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Sampatrick posted:

RIP OG

They'll be back next year for the hattrick.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

RIP OG

Oh no people pacing themselves and taking care of their own mental health

How will they ever perform if they don't burn themselves out

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Didn't Ana do something similar after last TI too?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ATP_Power posted:

Didn't Ana do something similar after last TI too?

yeah, ana didn't come back until MDL Disney, the second to last major, and OG placed 5/6 there

they were only 7/8 at epicenter but didn't have notail. Still beat Secret 2-0 in the LB though

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

sadly nothing matters except TI

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah OG is going to be fine. Topson hasn’t taken a break since TI8 so it’s totally deserved and earned

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Taffer posted:

Oh no people pacing themselves and taking care of their own mental health

How will they ever perform if they don't burn themselves out

:thejoke:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Maybe this'll become a wider trend, and esports players will get official off-seasons and it'll be healthy!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Players organize to finally get decent salaries, time off, and health care and woah thats weird all the rich esports bubble investors are suddenly pulling out oh dear

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

silvergoose posted:

Maybe this'll become a wider trend, and esports players will get official off-seasons and it'll be healthy!

well most of them didnt just get five million dollars so not everybody can afford this

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

96 spacejam posted:

2) Common, I see you post enough here to know you're quicker than this. TL would move heaven and earth to hold that Dota team. Stop thinking of it as the orgs decision.

if this is the case, why frame it as a problem with selling kuro/the team to sponsors? That would be an org-side problem/decision, no?

Anyway, thanks for the info, I hope it all turns out to be right because it would make for one interesting season

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
https://7ckngmad.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/back-to-back-ti-champions/amp/

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Alliance staying together through the first Major, other orgs are asking for their players so if they don't top 8 then we'll likely see an org breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

boring!