Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The time travel robot is actually just really upset that we gave its mechanical brethren crappy jobs in such a bad maze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
I cannot believe how geeky I am. I just got upset by the fact that the game had the monatomic O instead of the proper diatomic O2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just liked that the shield's output level was 1.2 Gigawatts :allears:.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Have you noticed the time machine also displays the energy required to perform each jump? Those are some quite large numbers.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The sleeping gas canister was from another time zone and the AI says you shouldn't remove it? My first reaction was to think we should take it to the aussie labs and synthesise an antidote to wake everyone up again but apparently not. Glad to see the music is also continuing the peak 90s trend.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Crazy Achmed posted:

The sleeping gas canister was from another time zone and the AI says you shouldn't remove it? My first reaction was to think we should take it to the aussie labs and synthesise an antidote to wake everyone up again but apparently not. Glad to see the music is also continuing the peak 90s trend.

IIRC that's a bad idea because you're storming a military base and you really WANT everyone asleep in there.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

In this episode, we put a stop to the robot operating on the Mars colony and we find out who is behind all of this. We also get to experience another QTE and then proceed to get shot with another dart, either Gage is forgetful or lazy.

I'm going to attempt to finish recording Pegasus Prime over the weekend, the next episode is already recorded and will be up in a few days. The bonus material is going to take a minimum of three playthroughs from start to finish. I'll show off why it's a bad idea to wake everyone up in one of the bonus videos.

Edit: There's a noticeable cut as I got lost and then ignored a warning.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Very cute that the gun the disguised robot uses is called the "blomi".

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Very cute that the gun the disguised robot uses is called the "blomi".

I didn't even notice that. I was using Google translate until I read it back more slowly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The reason you turned to face the wall and not where the scientist went was because you were one step before the hallway intersection. You can just make out the passageway on the right side of the screen.

edit: Also it makes sense that you can't have a gun because good loving lord are those things are hideously destructive from a timeline standpoint; Bullets or energy blasts don't just disappear if you miss, they're gonna hit something. Something someone else has to clean up and repair and oops the maintenance team's not where they're meant to be anymore. Or someone got injured during the firefight by a stray hit or ricochet. Or worse; killed.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 31, 2019

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The reason you turned to face the wall and not where the scientist went was because you were one step before the hallway intersection. You can just make out the passageway on the right side of the screen.

edit: Also it makes sense that you can't have a gun because good loving lord are those things are hideously destructive from a timeline standpoint; Bullets or energy blasts don't just disappear if you miss, they're gonna hit something. Something someone else has to clean up and repair and oops the maintenance team's not where they're meant to be anymore. Or someone got injured during the firefight by a stray hit or ricochet. Or worse; killed.

I'll definitely experiment with the gun when I get back too it. I completed the recording of the main playthrough earlier, right now I'm working on the ending sequences. One of them isn't triggering for me which is annoying as you have to wait around for ten minutes. I can't wait to do the ending sequences which involve being idle for two hours!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

as a scientist I must never be seen without my white lab coat, inch-thick glasses, and fright wig

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'll definitely experiment with the gun when I get back too it. I completed the recording of the main playthrough earlier, right now I'm working on the ending sequences. One of them isn't triggering for me which is annoying as you have to wait around for ten minutes. I can't wait to do the ending sequences which involve being idle for two hours!

I didn't mean in the game, just more time travel theory in general.

Hwurmp posted:

as a scientist I must never be seen without my white lab coat, inch-thick glasses, and fright wig

It's all relative :v:.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm working my way through the different ending sequences at the moment. I believe that I've got all of them on the Mars colony and I'm waiting on the last one in Australia. There are three separate endings in each location for the energy completely draining, which takes upto two hours to happen each time. I really should have prepared myself for the computer being idle for six hours on a Sunday.

Edit: I really hope that I muted the mic...

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 1, 2019

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
For whatever that's worth, i appreciate your commitment and i am greatly enjoying the Lp.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Hell yeah! Hype for this LP as I was much too dumb as a kid to beat them.

I love FMV game LP's because so many of them were kind of cool but just... used kind of a silly boondoggle tech that left them horribly dated and often clunky as gently caress.

Mind you, kind of surprised no one's made a modern, Hitman-esque Journeyman game. The mechanics would practically design themselves.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This episode is jam-packed, so much so there's only one more episode remaining and it's going to be pretty short. In this episode, we explore the Norad VI, engage in another exciting quick time event and see Baldwin in a new light.

This game will most likely wrap up on Friday, I'll be working on bonus material over the weekend.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
I'm kind of surprised by how small the various areas are, it feels like there really isn't that much to interact with except what's directly related to the mission.

I also love how you mustn't be seen by anyone, but engaging in a publicly-visible high-speed sub/space chase is totally A-OK.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghorbestan best country!

e: it's right there in the name even

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Item Getter posted:

In general the original game's sound design was much better as much of it here has been replaced with stock sounds.

late, but I wanted to bring this up because it's bothering me now that I'm hearing the same soundpack used in XCOM UFO Defense (and many other games) for every other noise :v:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The stupid UIs and stereotypical robotic voices explaining them are constantly breaking immersion. Guys this is taking place several hundred years in the future, voice synthesis will have improved significantly in that time span.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nielsm posted:

The stupid UIs and stereotypical robotic voices explaining them are constantly breaking immersion. Guys this is taking place several hundred years in the future, voice synthesis will have improved significantly in that time span.

This is the future where tech development focused entirely on massively over-engineering the basic functions of everyday items like doors, sidewalks, showers and stoves, with molecular disintegration/reconstitution systems.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the future, the future 90's style! This all seemed like a pretty standard affair for a typical 90's sci-fi setting.

The technology is indeed advanced, but unfortunately it's all in FMV and designed to run on Windows XP technology.

Psion posted:

late, but I wanted to bring this up because it's bothering me now that I'm hearing the same soundpack used in XCOM UFO Defense (and many other games) for every other noise :v:

Yeah I was hearing it too, I've heard them in so many other games over the years it doesn't really phase me any more.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm having some serious issues trying to trigger one of the ending sequences, I know it's there as I've seen it happen in another video. It's one of those "wait for ten-minute scenarios" and there's somewhat of a bar that implies a time limit, but when it reaches the end nothing happens for me. I've tried multiple times now and I'm getting nothing.

Right now I'm in a quandary as I don't really want to leave it out. Should I just give an explanation in the video of how and apologise for missing out, should I explain with a screenshot and give credit to the original video, or should I just miss it out and give a link and time frame to the original video?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'd say explanation and link to the original video, that seems like the easiest way to handle it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The final episode of Pegasus Prime, it's a short one at a little over ten minutes of gameplay footage and cutscenes. I'm not going to spoil the ending, you can probably work some things out as there's two sequels. The rest of the video is the credits and a preview of Buried In Time using, I believe, Pegasus Prime assets.

I wasn't going for a perfect score on this run but I was very close to it. I'll go over some of the potential actions that I missed in more detail when I start posting the bonus videos. There's a site that gives a comprehensive breakdown of the point system. I'll be working on bonus material over the weekend, starting with the ending sequences. I'll also try to record all of the Easter eggs that I can find, one of them will most likely end up as a standalone video.

PurpleXVI posted:

I'd say explanation and link to the original video, that seems like the easiest way to handle it.

I'll give it another try with a fresh run tomorrow. If it doesn't work I'll just do this.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Kind of surprised that the ending didn't have any serious twists. I would have imagined that Sinclair would make a convincing argument that the Symbiotry was actually alien fascists or something, and that by stopping him you were dooming the Earth to becoming their BATTLE THRALLS, and you'd then get the choice of letting him take the shot or stopping him.

Instead he was just a straight up insane person, by the looks of it. :v:

I think Journeyman Project 2 was probably the one I actually played as a kid, because I remember that suit. Honestly looks cooler than I recall it, I recall it as a dumber-looking spacesuit, but this kind of has a mecha thing going for it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Well, that certainly relieved some background nagging curiosity I've had for years.

PurpleXVI posted:

I think Journeyman Project 2 was probably the one I actually played as a kid, because I remember that suit. Honestly looks cooler than I recall it, I recall it as a dumber-looking spacesuit, but this kind of has a mecha thing going for it.
There's some awkward aspects to the suits and 3 has... choice words about them, but I really like the general Very Serious About Containment look and indirect vision systems.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Update time

The first of the bonus videos. I'm trying to record the easter eggs, missing scenes and a condensed run with Arthur all in one playthrough and I'm hoping to get it done today. I've only just started as I've been busy with editing, rendering, uploading and posting this video. The other bonus videos will be happening over the course of the next few days.

Bonus Video - Death & Ending Sequences

Caldoria part one - Travelling to Tokyo and Arizona.
TSA part one - Hanging around.
Prehistoric Land - Walking off the edge, Egg collecting & Running out of Energy.
TSA part two - Security robots.
Mars Colony - Reception personnel, Train QTE wrong turning, Confronting the robot, Walking on the tunnel pod tracks, The maze without disarming the bomb, Attempting to remove the bomb, Failing the bomb puzzle, Running out of oxygen in the maze without mask, Running out of oxygen in the maze with mask, Getting too close to the mining machines, Staying in the bucket, Falling out of the airlock, Spaceship QTE wrong turnings, Debris destroying the spaceship, Running out of energy in the reactor, Running out of energy in the colony.
World Science Center - Not removing the dart, Various encounters while walking around, Taking the gun, More encounters while walking around, Robot encounter outside of the door, Robot encounter inside of the door, Running out of energy.
Norad VI - Running out of energy, No air filtration, Removing the air tank, QTE wrong turnings, Pressure door, Hesitation with the crane controls\Wrong move with the crane controls.
Caldora part two - Door bomb and no shield, Hesitation with the stun gun, Storming Sinclair on the left and right sides, Waiting too long or leaving the area, Running out of time.

The Scoring

As for the score at the end of the game, I missed a few things out. This site here covers everything you need to do to achieve maximum points: http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/journeymanprime/faqscoring.html

I already know where I went wrong with Caldoria & TSA, I missed two busts on the inside of the entry door. I went back to the first video and, to me, it looks pretty deceiving. But there are indeed two more busts that are situated on the walls next to the security robots. I'll be covering them in the missing\alternate scenes video.

I'm not sure what I missed on the Mars colony. It seems glitched to me as I'm certain that I had done every action that is 2-4 points.

I think that the only thing on the Norad VI list that I missed was the typing robot.

As for New Sydney, there's only two things on the list that are worth two points. I definitely entered Sinclair's office, I just didn't access the V-Mail. I will be going back to doing recording shortly, I'll see if I can find the V-Mail when I get there. Right now I've just completed the prehistoric stage again, I'll be going back in shortly after posting this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Does getting a perfect score give you anything, or is it just bragging rights?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Does getting a perfect score give you anything, or is it just bragging rights?

It's just bragging rights unless you have the Steam version and want the achievement.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The recording for Pegasus Prime is complete, I'm in the process of editing and uploading videos at the moment. This is the next bonus video:

Missed Scenes + Another Death Sequence
Bust of Dr. Candace White, Bust of Dr. Elliot Sinclair, Map of Norad VI, Falling down the mine, Violent end to the Mars robot, Violent end to the WSC robot, The typing robot, Violent end to the Norad VI robot.

I have no idea what the V-mail thing is, I poked everything in both offices and nothing new came up. I'm working on a video of easter eggs. It won't exactly be complete as there are several easter eggs that are exclusive to the Steam version. I'll go into more details after I've edited and uploaded the video.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

One more bonus video for today: Easter Eggs (GOG version only)

Several of the easter eggs are exclusive to the Steam version, this includes travelling to the "Other..." option in the transporter for a bonus death sequence, alternate music in a couple of sequences and some alternate dialogue from one of the busts. There is an easter egg at the very start of the game involving hearing a radio presenter as you wake up, in the GOG version it plays automatically.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna follow this cuz I played the third one as a kid. Is there a way to get an unwinnable gamestate in that? I got stuck at one point.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ugh that bio implant operation video just went on forever. What the heck.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

LouisF posted:

Gonna follow this cuz I played the third one as a kid. Is there a way to get an unwinnable gamestate in that? I got stuck at one point.

In the third game? It's been a while since I played it but I think that they developed it so a path was always open somewhere.

nielsm posted:

Ugh that bio implant operation video just went on forever. What the heck.

It really did! I believe it was taken from the original release. Should I put a graphic warning on it? You can't really see much but it's clearly a scalpel poking around some innards.

Edit: Arthur footage has been edited, I hope that I got most of it. I'll render and upload it in the morning.

Amwhere
Jan 3, 2013
Just caught up. Dr. Sinclair definitely has a legitimate point - pity they had him be completely nuts, not just mostly nuts.
Also... that morphing robot was weak to argon? Which makes up 1% of the Earth's atmosphere? Seems like a major problem to me.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the last bonus video for Pegasus Prime. Even though this isn't spoiling anything in Pegasus Prime, it involves commentary from a character who won't be joining the cast until Buried In Time. This was included as an easter egg, it can accompany the AI's commentary or take over from the AI completely. It was glitchy as hell though as the game crashed constantly, every time I reloaded the game it reset the AI chip to have both commentaries on at the same time. There are a couple of clips where I forgot to switch off the default AI after a reload but it shouldn't detract from anything.

Link: "Alternate AI commentary."

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 9, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love the robot's "...Hey!... Stop... STOP THAT!" animation from trying to whack it with the crowbar :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I finished work early and decided to do a test run of Buried In Time. It looks like the initial exploration of the first location will be a two-parter, there's going to be a lot of information to take in.

I was thinking about making a third companion video of additional reading. Underneath the info-dump, there's more additional reading with links to even more information. As I was recording I noticed just how vast the content actually is and I wasn't even halfway through finding it before I stopped. I was also thinking about doing screenshots and posting the relevant information as it comes up. I'll have a think over the next few days and work out what to do.

I've updated the bio post with some a new addition:

Name: Dr. Elliot Sinclair.
Appearances: The Journeyman Project.

Part-time historian, full-time physicist, Sinclair is popularly known as "the father of time travel". His pioneering work became the basis of, and raison d'etre for, the Temporal Security Annex, which became the Temporal Security Agency. In 2311, after seeing Sinclair's first Time Bending experiment, the government contracted him to build a full-scale operational time machine. The purpose of this device was to explore our past as well as discover the truth behind many disputed historical events. In 2315 the Pegasus underwent its first and last test run for research purposes. Sinclair was forbidden by the World Senate to work on the project because of its dangerous nature of time travel. The government secretly set up the Temporal Security Annex as a means to safeguard history from sabotage.

Sinclair feared that the Cyrollans were planning an invasion so he constructed a new time machine and sent his android servants back in time to change history so as to make Earth a less appealing target. Should they have failed, Sinclair was prepared to assassinate the Cyrollan ambassador as a sign of defiance. Agent 5 located Sinclair's rooftop emplacement and apprehended the crazed scientist, thereby ensuring humanity's acceptance into the Symbiotry of Peaceful Beings. Current location is unknown.