Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah the hardest part is "finding" the quantum moon once you have learned how you can just land on it like anything else

Really? I feel like I just spun in circles until I spotted it.

Also, ugh, as far as I can tell the archeologist achievement is just bugged on the xbone. I’ve double checked multiple places and I should have everything minus some supposedly optional entries and the stupid thing is still locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Mykroft posted:

Really? I feel like I just spun in circles until I spotted it.

Also, ugh, as far as I can tell the archeologist achievement is just bugged on the xbone. I’ve double checked multiple places and I should have everything minus some supposedly optional entries and the stupid thing is still locked.

I don't mean like its actually hard, you just have to observe the trick of it. There is actually a tool on the ember twin (I think?) that points out where the moon is right now, I'm not sure how practical it is to maintain observation on the moon if you use that though

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 31, 2019

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Hub Cat posted:

I don't mean like its actually hard, you just have to observe the trick of it. There is actually a tool on the ember twin (I think?) that points out where the moon is right now, I'm not sure how practical it is to maintain observation on the moon if you use that though

Take a picture, that'll teach that quantum moon to stay still.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BlueHeron posted:

The new update is live:
  • Players can now sleep at campfires to fast-forward time. This automatically becomes available after a few loops.
  • Updated writing, art, and level design across multiple planets to clarify the solution to the Ash Twin Project mystery:
    [list]
  • Updated writing (and ship log entries) for the Black Hole Forge, High Energy Lab, White Hole Station, Nomai Mines, and Hollow’s Lantern.
  • Art and design changes for the Black Hole Forge and the area around it, including a different mural.
  • Art and design tweaks for the High Energy Lab, including a new mural, better gravity alignment, and other minor art fixes.
  • Art and design changes on Ash Twin, including a new mural and some architectural tweaks.
[*]Updated writing for the Sun Station and Interloper to clarify a certain story beat.
[*]Additional improvements to the key rebinding system.

drat I'm kinda mad I beat the game before the update. The gravity change at HE Lab would have been welcome considering I loving fell out of there several times not realizing what was going on and that pissed me off because I had to wait for the loving teleporter all over. The campfire fast-forward would have been nice, and I'm sure some of the writing would have helped me a lot. For people that have checked out these art/writing/design changes, a few questions:

Does anyone have a list of what the writing changes are? Does it make more clear that all the Nomai died because of the interloper spewing ghost matter? I found the text where they were like 'oh these a new comet, we're gunna check it out' and that was that. I didn't realize the Interloper killed them all until the end-game part where it takes you back into the Observatory and theres a plaque that goes 'all the nomai died because of the comet' and i was like I feel like I missed a major plot point there somehow even though my journal was filled...

Also whats the log changes to Hollow's Lantern? It's kinda weird the Ship Log has a spot for Hollows Lantern but I could never get it filled in and afaik there was nothing there. There was never any lore about it either.

One minor nitpick is getting into the Ash Core was extremely obtuse. I did have the entry that said "there are 6 towers and only 5 celestial bodies" however, the first two times I tried using the Ash Twin tower I just got sucked into space which really loving threw me for loop and confused the hell out of me so I figured that was just a dud and tried all the others, and then I thought there must be a hidden tower somewhere. So that took quite a lot of time. It's kinda bullshit it's actually timed pretty tightly. Did they change that? That was really the only thing I had to Google to lookup which really made me kinda mad because I intentionally didn't want to google anything but given it failed me twice I was really at my wits end.

Also chalk me up for gently caress anglerfish for the end crew. Once I realized I could just align myself in the middle, tap forward briefly and then it locks me going forward very slowly past them until I was 1.5km out it was fine. But it took me 5 tries and I was getting pissed waiting for the Ash Core Teleporter and almsot just gave up. It's not good design at all. I feel like they should have done something to make it much less sensitive instead of relying on some very hard to control keys and obtuse mechanic of gliding past.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 31, 2019

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

ElBrak posted:

Take a picture, that'll teach that quantum moon to stay still.

Yeah I know how to do it I just never thought to actually try it on the quantum moon tracker thing and I didn't feel like reinstalling to check :shrug:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Xaris posted:

drat I'm kinda mad I beat the game before the update. The gravity change at HE Lab would have been welcome considering I loving fell out of there several times not realizing what was going on and that pissed me off because I had to wait for the loving teleporter all over. The campfire fast-forward would have been nice, and I'm sure some of the writing would have helped me a lot. For people that have checked out these art/writing/design changes, a few questions:

One minor nitpick is getting into the Ash Core was extremely obtuse. I did have the entry that said "there are 6 towers and only 5 celestial bodies" however, the first two times I tried using the Ash Twin tower I just got sucked into space which really loving threw me for loop and confused the hell out of me so I figured that was just a dud and tried all the others, and then I thought there must be a hidden tower somewhere. So that took quite a lot of time. It's kinda bullshit it's actually timed pretty tightly. Did they change that? That was really the only thing I had to Google to lookup which really made me kinda mad because I intentionally didn't want to google anything but given it failed me twice I was really at my wits end.

Also chalk me up for gently caress anglerfish for the end crew. Once I realized I could just align myself in the middle, tap forward briefly and then it locks me going forward very slowly past them until I was 1.5km out it was fine. But it took me 5 tries and I was getting pissed waiting for the Ash Core Teleporter and almsot just gave up. It's not good design at all. I feel like they should have done something to make it much less sensitive instead of relying on some very hard to control keys and obtuse mechanic of gliding past.

I only played after the patch so I can't compare but these two were still sore points for me

The game overall is so, so good about leaving breadcrumbs for you to find your way to the next point of interest but the solution for getting into Ash Core is still not properly signposted imo. It was the one solution I had to straight up google too except that I didn't even think to try beforehand, I just didn't put it together at all. For what its worth the timing seemed relaxed from what you describe, I only got flung out once.

That specific anglerfish spot also frustrated me as well though I think it was mostly my own fault. I had interpreted the Ember Twin clue about anglers to mean that I was supposed to throw the ship at them as a distraction and the first time I visited the vessel it actually worked like a charm. When I attempted the return trip though I couldn't replicate it, and since I had it in my mind that that was the intended solution I tried it half a dozen times before deciding to rethink my approach, which was frustrating. However I think that once you get it in your head to just NOT HIT THE THRUSTER NO MATTER WHAT its actually fairly lenient. I'm pretty sure I clipped through one of their hitboxes a little while drifting and it didn't trigger them.

I only ever used the campfire for the end run but that would have been a little painful without it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MMF Freeway posted:

I only played after the patch so I can't compare but these two were still sore points for me

The game overall is so, so good about leaving breadcrumbs for you to find your way to the next point of interest but the solution for getting into Ash Core is still not properly signposted imo. It was the one solution I had to straight up google too except that I didn't even think to try beforehand, I just didn't put it together at all. For what its worth the timing seemed relaxed from what you describe, I only got flung out once.

Well anyways if it's any consolation, if you did try it, you probably woulda done the same thing that I did where it just flung you out into space and mentally wrote it off as "welp no thats just a red-herring trap'" anyways. I agree the timing is actually generous once you know you have to wait for it perfectly overhead and sit under the bridge; but it does mean you can't just stand and wait like all the other teleporters that work in the game and there was not much clue or indication why you even have to wait for the Ember Twin to even be directly overhead anyways--it's not even going to that planet and there's already one that does! I think they should have had it so at least it doesn't suck you up into space which would have fixed it because you could just wait without worrying. But yeah maybe one more clue would have been nice, given it's a very time-intensive planet as well--like even just one more log or scroll going "the tower to the twin project is now complete, although we're experiencing some issues with the structural integrity of the tower ___blahblah blah. Solarnum said he'll take a look." or just something that to that effect with another breadcrumb indicating you need it to align more perfectly with Ember Twin.

But anyways yeah we're pretty much just nitpicking. It's like saying Breath of the Wild really could have used more findable items and more dungeons and a tighter cooking game or whatever. It's still incredible and it's easier to criticize near-perfection just because the few minor things stand out.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 31, 2019

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I still don't feel like I understand the mechanism of returning back to the warp towers after using them. Sometimes it seems you can immediately do so, sometimes not. Perhaps it's maintaining the special alignment for that short period? I don't see how that can be predicted from that end.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I think I missed a major lore/backstory part because why did the Nomai statues sync with the PC and Gabro? What about the hearthians triggered them to link?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Xaris posted:

I think I missed a major lore/backstory part because why did the Nomai statues sync with the PC and Gabro? What about the hearthians triggered them to link?
The statues linked to whoever was closest when the probe found the Eye it just happened to be you and Gabro

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Xaris posted:

The Ash Twin Project was setup so that it would continue looping and firing a probe every loop until the Eye was found. Once it was found, it turned on the statues and they synced with the nearest person (you and Gabbro in this case). The original plan was that once the Nomai had the coordinates for the Eye they would turn off the sun station and end the looping. If you go back to look at the probe logs you can actually see the counter tick up every loop for every probe that gets sent out; it took about 900 loops before the successful one that got the coordinates and turned on the statues.

I forget where exactly the bit of lore about the statues was explained though.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Since the question was spoilered, it’s about new text in the update

Xaris posted:

Does anyone have a list of what the writing changes are? Does it make more clear that all the Nomai died because of the interloper spewing ghost matter? I found the text where they were like 'oh these a new comet, we're gunna check it out' and that was that. I didn't realize the Interloper killed them all until the end-game part where it takes you back into the Observatory and theres a plaque that goes 'all the nomai died because of the comet' and i was like I feel like I missed a major plot point there somehow even though my journal was filled...

Also whats the log changes to Hollow's Lantern? It's kinda weird the Ship Log has a spot for Hollows Lantern but I could never get it filled in and afaik there was nothing there. There was never any lore about it either.

Generally the new text is clue batting the ash twin bit more explicitly.

Iirc the hollow lantern update is emphasized that no really, ash twin is completely sealed so you’d better not look for an entrance in the shell itself. There was previously a single recording there and now it has one or two more lines.

The more meaningful updates were in the high energy lab and black hole lab on brittle hollow.

I don’t recall any of it being related to ghost matter.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Xaris posted:

Did you explore the inner core of the comet and find the corpses? The recordings found on them made it obvious they had just stumbled upon a powder keg that was about to blow. That has been there before the update.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Teledahn posted:

I still don't feel like I understand the mechanism of returning back to the warp towers after using them. Sometimes it seems you can immediately do so, sometimes not. Perhaps it's maintaining the special alignment for that short period? I don't see how that can be predicted from that end.

As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with alignment. You just have to leave the white square, then come back to it. It's possible to do by accident if you jetpack up and then fall.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I finished this game tonight and it's one of the best things I've ever played. My favorite was giant's deep and tornadoes are very cool

Xaris posted:

I had to look up this exact thing too and it was the only thing that seemed too obtuse. felt bad since I didn't have to look up anything else, other than that one thing I had to ask you about which was mostly me being dumb. it's really drat weird that just standing on the teleporter as it aligns will suck you away but running in there when the sand column is already there teleports you instead. I bet a ton of people got misled by just standing on the teleporter.

quote:

my beef with this is that two times I tried to get to the vessel, I tried to barely speed up for a moment after I went through the red portal so I wouldn't have to drift so incredibly slowly, but that alerted them so I backed up through the portal and had to re-enter. Except if you go back after they already came at you, they're just camping the entrance to the red portal, and the moment you enter it you're already inside of them and instantly die. so not only is it a pain to get in there, but you also only get one shot.

also, what even is that floating pile of balls emitting the red light in there?

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Digirat posted:

also, what even is that floating pile of balls emitting the red light in there?

I was too scared to get close but I assumed it was the fish eggs that the anglerfish are born from.

Rapt0rCharles9231
Oct 20, 2008

Xaris posted:

For people that have checked out these art/writing/design changes, a few questions:

The ship log will have an asterisk and a little "There's more to explore here!" message only if you missed a really important piece of information for completing the game. There's no indicator for "optional" stuff. Anyone trying to get the full ship log achievement on xbone has to individually count all their entries if they missed one somewhere, lol. That being said, it sounds like you missed some stuff in the comet and in Hollow's Lantern (one of the volcano vents has a secret area in it, though you might have to come by later in the time loop so the lava lowers).

As for writing changes, I haven't updated my game in a while so I backed it up and ran a diff on the text files. Most of it has to do with entering the Ash Twin Project. Lots of rephrasing how the warp platforms work, how very doorless and physically sealed off the Ash Twin core is, and verbal pointing at the towers on Ash Twin, etc etc. Here's a change from the Blackhole Forge that incorporates all that:

OLD posted:

POKE: Clary and Root, kindly tune the alignments on each pair of warp cores as I finish them.
CLARY: I’ve tuned the first pair to activate when its warp tower is aligned with Brittle Hollow. This will drastically speed future deliveries to Ash Twin!
ROOT: It looks like the towers on Ash Twin respond to only five alignments when there are six warp receivers. Is that a mistake?
POKE: No, that’s correct. Have you seen the schematic in the High Energy Lab on Ember Twin? It depicts which tower is meant to align with which astral body.

NEW posted:

POKE: Clary and Root, kindly tune the alignments on each black hole core as I finish them. The schematic on the floor shows which warp tower aligns with which astral body.
CLARY: To speed future deliveries to Ash Twin, I’ve tuned the first black hole core to activate when its warp tower aligns with Brittle Hollow
ROOT: The schematic shows the six towers on Ash Twin are being tuned to only five alignments. Is that a mistake?
POKE: No, that’s correct. Technically, a warp tower’s alignment and its destination don’t have to be the same astral body.
POKE: Have you seen Phlox’s tower designs in the High Energy Lab on Ember Twin? They clarify each tower’s warp destination.
POKE: This is advantageous for warping from towers that lack a clear line of sight to their destinations.

Would it have made it easier to figure that specific puzzle out? I'll never know!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Eh, I think I'd have still had to look that one up. It's a Bad Puzzle.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
With the (endgame) Ash Project warp, I didn't need to look it up but I did take a long time to fully understand the mechanics of it.

like everyone else with sense, I did the whole "stand on the core and get sucked up by the sand" thing, but the portal had to warp to the project from there because of the "Six cores, five towers" thing. I knew where all the other towers would go from studying the diagrams and you've never been able to warp to the same planet you're on anywhere else, so it stands to reason that's where the Ash Twin warp would lead.

Of course, the sand sweeps you away. So what if you wait till the end of the cycle, where all the sand has left the Ash Twin? No more sand column. It worked: Ember Twin passes overhead, minus sand column. Warp to Ash Project and this gives you two minutes to explore.

Yeah, right, just from a gameplay standpoint that loving sucks and they can't possibly expect you to wait every loop to get two minutes of unpausable info from the walls (let alone all the other BS to get to the ending), so there must be an earlier way in.

Then I did what everyone else did: Stand on the core and get frustrated as to why the column fucks you every time. I thought it was something even as dumb as inserting the scroll into the opposite wall and hoping that'd work, even though no mechanics supported that originally.

Eventually I figured out to take cover and get on in the last second, but I didn't use the bridge outside for myself, just my ship. I used the overhang just inside the door and yeah that was a "urrrrgh" moment for sure.

The fucker of it is that I can't think of a good way to leave a clue for it. By the point you reach Ash Project you should've seen pretty much everything and solved most mysteries, so by having a clue nearby that says "lol hop on in the last minute" would probably wind up with a lot of new players (especially me) visiting the Ash Project early through curiosity and then revealing a major plot point and potentially loving themselves with the warp core. There should be something, though, because this and the anglerfish sensitivity are where so many people stumble.

The things I had to look up was the anglerfish mechanics and how to use the jellyfish. I figured you'd have to go to the one Feldspar try to eat and you'd get covered in jellyfish jizz - the tentacles really shouldn't be sparking until they emerge from the core imo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Rapt0rCharles9231 posted:

The ship log will have an asterisk and a little "There's more to explore here!" message only if you missed a really important piece of information for completing the game. There's no indicator for "optional" stuff. Anyone trying to get the full ship log achievement on xbone has to individually count all their entries if they missed one somewhere, lol. That being said, it sounds like you missed some stuff in the comet and in Hollow's Lantern (one of the volcano vents has a secret area in it, though you might have to come by later in the time loop so the lava lowers).

As for writing changes, I haven't updated my game in a while so I backed it up and ran a diff on the text files. Most of it has to do with entering the Ash Twin Project. Lots of rephrasing how the warp platforms work, how very doorless and physically sealed off the Ash Twin core is, and verbal pointing at the towers on Ash Twin, etc etc. Here's a change from the Blackhole Forge that incorporates all that:

Would it have made it easier to figure that specific puzzle out? I'll never know!

Great thanks for that. Yeah I realized I did miss Hollows Lantern entirely though. I did explore the Comet but I think I just didn't read deep enough into the text in it. I had thought it was just the Nomai inside the comet died because of the gas leaking out, but given since rest of the system was still around just fine that it didn't explode and only exploded when it ran into the Sun which caused the supernova

But yeah no those changes wouldn't have helped at all. I was already aware of the schematic and that it was completely sealed off (because of hints in the Nomai Mines), but it didn't help at all. Definitely a tricky one to breadcrumb but I think there should have been just some minor design tweak somewhere.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Xaris posted:

Great thanks for that. Yeah I realized I did miss Hollows Lantern entirely though. I did explore the Comet but I think I just didn't read deep enough into the text in it. I had thought it was just the Nomai inside the comet died because of the gas leaking out, but given since rest of the system was still around just fine that it didn't explode and only exploded when it ran into the Sun which caused the supernova

But yeah no those changes wouldn't have helped at all. I was already aware of the schematic and that it was completely sealed off (because of hints in the Nomai Mines), but it didn't help at all.

The comet only gets eaten by the sun because it’s expanding into supernova by the time it gets there.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Huh. I just went to do the Quantum moon stuff and realised I never visited the tower of Quantum Knowledge on Giant's Deep. All my knowledge about quantum objects came from dicking around with the game which I think is testament to how well designed this stuff is. I'm an explorer too :downs:

All in all it's kind of interesting where Giant's Deep is probably considered to be the initial tutorial planet considering it's the first thing you see and the game will even give you a prompt on how to use your jetpack. My first planet was Brittle Hollow though which was... an experience.

Also on Ember Twin, where you learn about riding the Quantum rock around, there's some subtle quantum horror where the crew sent to find the lost Nomai who got carted away on the stone can be found Ghost Mattered in the cave. Since the quantum stuff is so strong there, you can turn away or turn your light off and their skeletons will move around. Sometimes, they're standing upright, intact. Brrrrrr.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

A question for someone who knows things.

In the ship's logs, some of the rumors are green, some orange, some grey, I've found some red ones. Do the colors mean anything? Are the red ones dangerous? I'd like to understand why they look different.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Funso Banjo posted:

A question for someone who knows things.

In the ship's logs, some of the rumors are green, some orange, some grey, I've found some red ones. Do the colors mean anything? Are the red ones dangerous? I'd like to understand why they look different.

The colors correspond to a big “subject” they eventually point to, which is the biggest node of that color in the rumors screen, which you may or may not have yet discovered.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
On the subject of text colors, has anyone figured out what the significance is of the golden Nomai messages (as opposed to the majority of them which are silver/white)? Are those the ones that actually update your ship log when you read them?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I believe those only show up on messages from projection stones, and mean that the message was written from the other location

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Digirat posted:

I believe those only show up on messages from projection stones, and mean that the message was written from the other location

Oh poo poo, that actually makes a lot of sense!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I highly underestimated this game's potential as far as like, actual scary poo poo, and thought that people were overstating how creepy it is, but it's pretty wild to see the black hole refracting light from everything, while you slide on your face across a huge landscape that's floating in space and the UI is flashing bright red because you collided with that landscape really quickly making everything more jarring.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Imhotep posted:

I highly underestimated this game's potential as far as like, actual scary poo poo, and thought that people were overstating how creepy it is, but it's pretty wild to see the black hole refracting light from everything, while you slide on your face across a huge landscape that's floating in space and the UI is flashing bright red because you collided with that landscape really quickly making everything more jarring.

Day9 gave the game a try a few weeks ago and practically had a panic attack from this

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I thought this was a nice relaxing game, but when day9 played it, it was a relentless horror game.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
To be fair, everything except for CCGs and starcraft is relentlessly horrifying to day9 where it isn't just mystifying. I like the guy and all, but...

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Haha I've never seen any of his stuff, but I just started watching and he's doing the tutorial stuff right now, which is like, super cartoony and jolly, and as I'm typing I can hear him laughing over the super happy/melancholy OST, it's pretty funny to think that it's about to get super dark. But yeah same, I mean I still think this game is super relaxing, but I was just playing it super late one night and I'd never seen all the chunks of Brittle Hollow floating out in space after it falls through the black hole, or at least not huge pieces like that, and that in itself sort of caught me off guard, then the feeling of trying to stand up, but just sliding along basically on my side which was sort of a weirdly claustrophobic and familiar sensation, similar to dreams where you feel like you can't run, or get up, etc. and you're trying really hard to.. It was just like 4 unsettling sensations that happened basically simultaneously and very unexpectedly as I'd fallen through the black hole like 20 times prior to that and just floated over to the gravity cannon.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 9, 2019

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Man, why did I binge let's plays of this game? I love it, but now I spoiled everything for myself by the time I'll get to play it. :cripes:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The Bold Kobold posted:

Man, why did I binge let's plays of this game? I love it, but now I spoiled everything for myself by the time I'll get to play it. :cripes:

-a tragic story full of sorrow and woe. This can never be undone.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I binged some LPs after playing the game and it's fairly interesting to see how much players can vary in their approach and understanding of the game. Some will try to clear a whole planet before going to the next, some will go to every planet for a bit immediately often gaining a lot of insight all at once if they remember what they read, and basically all of them suck at flying their ship. The ship and the jetpack are easier to use with a controller, they're just full force with a keyboard, and that was the main source of those woes but there were like 1 or 2 that were just super poo poo at it and every landing was followed with repairs if not a totaled ship. Two died in the tutorial before getting to the observatory, that was funny.

I did the same thing with Return of the Obra Dinn, it's amusing watching others work out stuff in different ways, although in both cases it can be super frustrating if they're just. not. getting. it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I died twice before getting to the observatory in the name of science and discovery :colbert:

for those that haven’t seen it, if you manage to die before the statue opens its eyes the game just says YOU ARE DEAD and the credits roll. It’s pretty good

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

lmao if you didn't immediately jump down the geyser and drown.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i tried to climb out of the town crater and fell off the rocks to my death :jeb:

also yeah i describe this game to people as "the environment itself is the antagonist and they hit every spooky environmental thing that freaks people out in games"

dark bramble was bad, but my god giant's deep hosed me up. i HATE deep water in video games

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I fell of a ledge within minutes of starting and saw that game over screen.

It confused me for about 20 mins because I'd heard about the gimmick of the game and was wondering why I wasnt seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My first death was flying directly into timber hearth's moon at a million miles an hour.

luxury handset posted:

i tried to climb out of the town crater and fell off the rocks to my death :jeb:

also yeah i describe this game to people as "the environment itself is the antagonist and they hit every spooky environmental thing that freaks people out in games"

dark bramble was bad, but my god giant's deep hosed me up. i HATE deep water in video games

Yeah gian't deep was definitely the scariest place for me