Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LAST YEAR - Hamline had a tough go of things, taking only 5 wins and finishing outside the MIAC playoff bubble, although they did at least finish ahead of gently caress Bethel.

Bowling Green made their first national tournament in like 48 years or something and drew eventual champion Minn-Duluth because pairwise is a bunch of jerks. :mad:

The rest of the WCHA is tired of travelling to Alaska and Alabama

Tiny Angry Gremlin man out. Rip in power tiny angry gremlin man.

:woop: OKAY LET'S GET TO DJEXILE'S BAD CONFERENCE JOKES :woop:

I'm gonna walk down that stinkin' runway, open up this robe and wiggle my dick at 'em! And do you know why? Because I want you to have a heart-attack and die so we don't have to do this poo poo again! You and your loving fashion shows!
nobody cares about atlantic hockey, but congrats to aic for knocking off st cloud out of nowhere

Anybody throws me against the boards I'm gonna piss all over myself.
gently caress ohio state and gently caress notre dame did alright. Sparty is still trash. Michigan has begun a long overdue rebuilding process. Congrats to Penn State, who gave up 139 goals, good for 2nd most goals in the country. #1 was powerhouse St. Lawrence with 149.

Look at that. You can't see that, I'm on radio.
Nerd Division had solid showings from Cornell, Q'pac and Clarkson. I remember very else otherwise.

"Eddie Shore?" "Piss on Eddie Shore!
In the most shocking, unbelievable, incredible moment in college hockey history, Providence got yet another home game in the tournament despite being a loving 4 seed in the regional bracket. UMass went the distance before playing like a wet fart against Minn-Duluth in a final that nobody watched because the NCAA and ESPN, in their infinite loving wisdom, decided to put it up against a full night of NHL playoff games. BC finished in the lower half of the conference for the first time in what felt like ages.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle...
Duluth won again! St. Cloud scored a shitload of goals and then collapsed again! Miami was bad again!

Somebody's gonna kill you, ya dumb son of a bitch, but it's not gonna be me.
Falcona, bitch :cool:

Both the alaskas are still staring down the barrel of budget cuts. They're ultimately doomed as hell but god bless 'em, they're still hanging on. Minnesota State still rules the roost. Ferris State had a brutal year. Everyone is tired of travelling to the Alaskas and Alabama, and the 7 others have announced they're exploring leaving the conference to form a new one in 2021-22. We'll see where that goes. Huntsville announced plans for a new arena.

"That's the dog that saved Charleston from the 1938 flood." "Well gently caress him."
Arizona State had a fantastic year, going 21-13, and wound up earning a bid to the tournament. Unfortunately not playing in a conference meant they had like a 3 week off period and bowed out to Q'Pac in an unremarkable game. Still, by all accounts a hell of a season for them. They'll likely join a conference sooner than later, but may be waiting to see what happens with the Alaskas first.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR???

Everyone's team will probably suck! gifs will be posted! Chants will be made! Like 6 people will post in this thread all season!

Pipers, bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

I'M LISTENING TO THE loving SONG

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'M LISTENING TO THE loving SONG

lol :discourse:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Bulldogs will three-peat.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

gently caress Notre Dame

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

lmao I had no idea PSU gave up that many goals, that's great

go PSU, RIT, RMU, and most importantly go Hamline

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Go Bethel

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

lmao I had no idea PSU gave up that many goals, that's great

go PSU, RIT, RMU, and most importantly go Hamline

looking back at their schedule, it seemed like the first half of the season they either won comfortably or lost huge. Included in there was some clownball 11-6 win over Robert Morris, which was probably a riot of a game

E: lol yeah this game owned

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I didn't even realize until now that the 2020 Frozen Four is up in Detroit. Neat.

2020 regionals are Worcester, MA (Holy Cross Providence), Loveland, CO (Denver), Albany, NY (the whole ECAC), and Allentown, PA (Penn State)

2021 is Bridgeport, CT (Sacred Heart), Fargo, ND (NoDak), Machester, NH (UNH Providence), Loveland CO (Denver), and the frozen four's in Pittsburgh.

Boston gets the 2022 Frozen Four.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hilarious that UND could get a home regional and probably will.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Denver Defense Detail checking in

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

DJExile posted:

I didn't even realize until now that the 2020 Frozen Four is up in Detroit. Neat.

2020 regionals are , Loveland, CO (Denver),

Detroit will be good assuming it is at the new Joe (Little Ceasers or whoever has the naming rights).

I am super confused at where Denver is hosting this if it is not just at the Pepsi Center. There is nothing in Loveland.

P.S. the actual Joe is mostly torn down now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

spwrozek posted:

Detroit will be good assuming it is at the new Joe (Little Ceasers or whoever has the naming rights).

I am super confused at where Denver is hosting this if it is not just at the Pepsi Center. There is nothing in Loveland.

P.S. the actual Joe is mostly torn down now.

Yeah detroit's at the LCA.

The 2020 and 2021 regionals in Loveland are at the Budweiser Events Center. I think that's the Colorado Eagles' arena.
E: and they're only regionals, so hosting them at pepsi in denver wouldn't make a lot of sense.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Lol, the bud. That makes sense. I guess people who go will stay in fort Collins. I would actually go if they were anywhere near Denver. Driving up there is not going to happen though.

E: DU had a nice stadium, just do it there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Y'know yeah, UD's own arena is a fair choice, and it's not as if they've avoided on-campus sites before. Obvious Providence joke aside, I know Notre Dame's arena hosted a regional not that long ago.

Does UD's arena serve beer? I could see them avoiding it if they don't for some reason.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I can't remember. I want to say yes but I haven't been in a couple years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Also suppose it's possible that UD's arena only has 2, maybe 3 locker rooms. I think they need to confirm 4 separate rooms for the teams, and basically every ECHL or AHL level arena can do that without a problem.

E: oh it was built in 1999 and they do a ton of different stuff there. Welp I've got nothing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

spwrozek posted:

Pizza Pizzarena

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Me, looking at the WCHA

https://i.imgur.com/fDwFI2k.gifv

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god i thought i'd lost this

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Haha, yes. Come and get them nerdy boys

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I gotta say, it's a fantastic bit of self-awareness

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU also scored 177 goals

Our games are more exciting than yours :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

rhythmic goal scoring

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there are already like a million different ways to drag ohio state's rear end but hey what's one more?

https://twitter.com/CGProgram/status/1171848732159045632

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Just imagine the smell of Michigan Tech.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Going to Women's PSU v. RIT, hell yeah :)

It's also the same day as the B1G FB CCG so it'll be a great night on the town afterwards

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Y'know yeah, UD's own arena is a fair choice, and it's not as if they've avoided on-campus sites before. Obvious Providence joke aside, I know Notre Dame's arena hosted a regional not that long ago.

Does UD's arena serve beer? I could see them avoiding it if they don't for some reason.

Equally puzzling to hold one in Fargo instead of Grand Forks. Ralph Engelstad Arena is amazing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

CAMPUS HOST SITES, YOU loving IDIOTS

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Neodoomium posted:

CAMPUS HOST SITES, YOU loving IDIOTS

Agreed. The rinks generally hold more than enough people. It would also get people who already go to games to go even if it isn't their team.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

One of these years they're gonna go back to it and act like they're the smartest people in the world for determining that having a weekend gate of 9,000 in St. Louis (hosted by western michigan) is actually a bad look for college hockey

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Yup, Midwest regional at the Yost let's go

E: hell the gate at MTU or northern would be better feeling that St Louis

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Making everyone go to Taffy Abel up at the Soo would be a smarter decision because Canadians at the other Soo would come over for cheap hockey like they already do for Lake State

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Neodoomium posted:

Making everyone go to Taffy Abel up at the Soo would be a smarter decision because Canadians at the other Soo would come over for cheap hockey like they already do for Lake State

Yup, my brother is an lssu guy and those games are pretty well attended.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Merri loving mack, binches

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Time for Jeopardy motherfuckers. For $2,000 here's your clue

A: https://i.imgur.com/mUNvebn.gifv

Q: what does Scott Sandelin's phone sound like?

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 28, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the games have begun!

go falcona, bithc

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hmmm

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Most of yesterday's games were exhibitions, but a couple surprise results:

PRovidence kicked the dogshit out of Maine 7-0

LSSU smoked Merrimack 6-2

Minn Duluth, still on that national champ hangover, lost to alberta 5-3

TODAY!

Mercyhurst @ Arizona State
Fightin' Nerds @ Bobby Mo
Bama-Huntsville @ Mass-Lowell
Union @ Army
FALCONA, BITHC @ Miami
Denver @ SPACEBEAR
Merrimack @ LSSU

Exhibition slate!
Windsor @ Michigan
Notre Dame @ US U-18
Alberta @ St. Cloud
Penn STate already beating the hell out of Ottawa. 5-0 with 7:40 to go in the 3rd
Waterloo @ Ferris State
Simon Fraser @ Sacred Heart
Brock @ Q'Pac
New Brunswick @ Maine
Western Ontario @ gently caress Ohio State
Mount Royal @ Minnesota
Guelph @ UNH
Trinity Western @ Air Force

I'll start my gimmick posting next week when most teams get into their regular seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan beat Windsor 8-2 and had 56 shots on goal