Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

shut up blegum posted:

Is this pyf now?

The pyf thread got shut down and I think the mod said not to start the thread there again and to take it gbs instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

They keep ruining their schadenthread, so we're gonna show em how to gently caress it up the GBS way :shrek:

To be fair it only ever got ruined when people wanted to extend the "no images of death" rule to things like a news article with no pictures or a funny Darwin Award tweet. Everyone was pretty good with someone catching a ban if they posted a gif of a motorcycle rider getting creamed by a semi or something.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
It's about time for a new No Prisoners to come out.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

To be fair it only ever got ruined when people wanted to extend the "no images of death" rule to things like a news article with no pictures or a funny Darwin Award tweet. Everyone was pretty good with someone catching a ban if they posted a gif of a motorcycle rider getting creamed by a semi or something.

Yeah, if it gets watches closely by the mods I think this one will last.

Burt keeps his pimp hand strong in these parts...

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Solice Kirsk posted:

As long as the person getting killed (or maybe getting killed because a lot of this sort of content is unclear) deserved it by doing something blatantly idiotic I don't see why it should be banned as long as it's not in-line and marked for what it is. Example being that video of the dipshit shooting a shitload of tannerite in a lawnmower and getting his leg blown off by shrapnel. Probably not in-line material but it sure fits with the schadenfreude theme overall.

Ultimately the cause matters. Someone horribly maimed through no fault of their own? Maybe don't post that. But if the guy blows himself up by doing something like hitting unexploded ordnance with a sledgehammer yeah post it.

All that said though I do prefer non-injury/death content. Cleaner laughs I don't have to kinda feel bad about.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 3, 2019

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgObj8QCL4c

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Resting Lich Face posted:

As long as the person getting killed (or maybe getting killed because a lot of this sort of content is unclear) deserved it by doing something blatantly idiotic I don't see why it should be banned as long as it's not in-line and marked for what it is. Example being that video of the dipshit shooting a shitload of tannerite in a lawnmower and getting his leg blown off by shrapnel. Probably not in-line material but it sure fits with the schadenfreude theme overall.

Ultimately the cause matters. Someone horribly maimed through no fault of their own? Maybe don't post that. But if the guy blows himself up by doing something like hitting unexploded ordnance with a sledgehammer yeah post it.

All that said though I do prefer non-injury/death content. Cleaner laughs I don't have to kinda feel bad about.

I think it’s okay to laugh at bad people dying, especially if by their own hubris, but probate/ban anyone laughing at random deaths and publicly call them a psyschopath.

A Koch dying unloved and unmourned? Good. A random biker getting their neck broken in a crash? Not good.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it’s okay to laugh at bad people dying, especially if by their own hubris, but probate/ban anyone laughing at random deaths and publicly call them a psyschopath.

A Koch dying unloved and unmourned? Good. A random biker getting their neck broken in a crash? Not good.

But what if the biker is wearing no gear and doing a wheely at or above freeway speeds?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Resting Lich Face posted:

But what if the biker is wearing no gear and doing a wheely at or above freeway speeds?

That monster deserves whatever happens I can't believe someone would be so bold!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm all for no death/gore, but there was also the issue with a few certain broke-brain backseat mods who reported everything because they felt there was no way the person could have lived and they took it upon themselves to try and sanitize the thread for the consumption of others. At least a couple even got a new avs/redtext that I remember for being complete and utter shitbirds.

The best example was the guy jumping off the pool house and eating it. After 5 pages of idiots crying about it, reporting it, etc., someone posted an update from the guy who was still very much alive with him sitting in the hospital and they were just sure he must have died after the hospital pic because they needed to be right.

Anyhow...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/carlhigbie/status/1168566929394679810?s=21

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

He's mad because of the poor proportions of the swastika.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/iamthewarax/status/1168697800336564224?s=21

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

Unless the motorcycle rider was like a pedophile or something . Then i feel like it would be ok

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
They should mod this thread like the cursed images thread. Only schad, no discussions and no derails and no death.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Rad-daddio posted:

They should mod this thread like the cursed images thread. Only schad, no discussions and no derails and no death.

:hai:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay but what coward freaks out and gets mad at a derail on Something Awful Dot Com now?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay but what coward freaks out and gets mad at a derail on Something Awful Dot Com now?

mostly d&d types

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Death should be ok so long as it remains like PG-13 rated, though Im also ok with more geaphic stuff if it's properly tagged

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rad-daddio posted:

Starting here?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

in my experience, anyone who moderates the pyf subforum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bell jar posted:

in my experience, anyone who moderates the pyf subforum

Hello

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

post schadenfreude assholes

http://i.imgur.com/TbtcpO0.gifv

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Op, I’ll leave this open for a while but edit the op

- no gratuitous gore
- no text, at all without a pic, probes result in increasing duration
- rules are random and may be updated at times not convenient with your post
- tag and link all nms nws poo poo, I’m just restating rules for idiots now

Miss anything?

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 4, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

- no text, at all without a pic, probes result in increasing duration

Miss anything?

A pic. Tsk tsk.

http://i.imgur.com/HZpAbHZ.gifv

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rules start now
———————
Vvvvvvvvv

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cheekyboi

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:biglips:

do schadenfreude news articles and/or tweet embeds count as content or does it have to be a pic

https://i.imgur.com/lmPNje7.mp4

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bell jar posted:

:biglips:

do schadenfreude news articles and/or tweet embeds count as content or does it have to be a pic

https://i.imgur.com/lmPNje7.mp4

news and tweets are good!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

That pic is basically Burt adding rules to this thread.

So is this one.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

You know... The schadenfreude value of Burt having to probe himself (twice! and one longer!) for breaking his own rules and trying to weasel out of it would be an excellent way to provide content for the thread.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

It's okay though. Finding content to add to the thread is really hard.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I wish there was more gore in this image.

:dadjoke:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh! Is it bull gif time already?!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Bullfighters being killed by bulls should be an exception to the no death rule in the thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Instead of killing the bulls in a bull fight they should just humiliate them with the most audacious servings mankind can dish:

edit:

I mean, can't let us people have all the fun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Impressive stage magic by the bull.