Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Warren Buffet drives oike a lincoln town care or some crap like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had an incredible steak dinner last night, but I ended up with a piece of... Gristle or connective tissue stuck between two of my molars. So I said "Wife I should really get some of those floss bow things and stick them in the car for when I need them.

Goddamn Costco had them *on display*, 1 *on sale* and with *refillable travel packs*.

Also I bought 50 daffodil bulbs for $13, which I saw a pack of 45 at Lowes for $20. I'll end up buying another pack of bulbs I can feel it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
$600 day at Costco today. Included my annual executive membership renewal, so a bit exaggerated.

They brought their a game today on samples. Two per aisle! The tangerine juice was excellent. Instant buy.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

StormDrain posted:

I had an incredible steak dinner last night, but I ended up with a piece of... Gristle or connective tissue stuck between two of my molars. So I said "Wife I should really get some of those floss bow things and stick them in the car for when I need them.

Goddamn Costco had them *on display*, 1 *on sale* and with *refillable travel packs*.

Also I bought 50 daffodil bulbs for $13, which I saw a pack of 45 at Lowes for $20. I'll end up buying another pack of bulbs I can feel it.

I have used these for years and the other day my dentist said that they suck. Apparently the leverage that you get with classic floss between your fingers allows you to clean between your teeth a lot better.

The whole thing started because she told me I wasn't flossing well enough. I replied that I floss every day, which is true. Then she was like "are you using dental floss picks?" so yeah basically I got called out for using those.

TraderStav posted:

$600 day at Costco today. Included my annual executive membership renewal, so a bit exaggerated.

They brought their a game today on samples. Two per aisle! The tangerine juice was excellent. Instant buy.

Killin' it buddy.

That tangerine juice is a little hit or miss imo but when it's good, it's so drat good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

I have used these for years and the other day my dentist said that they suck. Apparently the leverage that you get with classic floss between your fingers allows you to clean between your teeth a lot better.

The whole thing started because she told me I wasn't flossing well enough. I replied that I floss every day, which is true. Then she was like "are you using dental floss picks?" so yeah basically I got called out for using those.

Killin' it buddy.

That tangerine juice is a little hit or miss imo but when it's good, it's so drat good.

Well if it’s between the picks and not doing it at all I’ll take the picks. They are just a lot easier to work with.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Ooooh poo poo son check out this baller 72 pound wheel of reggiano at Costco for $899!

And if you aren't already praising the Lord check out this loving features list:

It's extravagant, bitches. You heard it here first.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Whole-Wheel-Parmigiano-Reggiano%2C-72-lbs.-.product.100096211.html

Murray's/Kroger charges 17.99 per lb for it, costco again with the savings!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

no broccoli please posted:

50% satanic, 100% flavour.

Hail santa.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

I would consider it if it was like 1/4 that price (lol still wouldn't but if i had a mcmansion yeah sure)

What I don't get is the Kirkland brand Parmigiano Reggiano they have for $10/lb in those vac-packs (2 i think) is absolutely excellent for good Parmesan. If i'm buying 72lb of what is probably the exact same poo poo they sell divvied up in those vac-packs, I would expect the economy of scale to be a lot less than $10 a lb so like $6 a lb or something @$400.

It's possible that some of that goes into shipping costs associated with getting a 72 pound block of cheese to your house. They may do something special to ensure it isn't damaged/degraded in transit. They might even freight something like that but who knows.

It would be very unlike Costco to charge more for a larger bulk (in fact I think it's against their basic guidelines for markup, which specify a relatively low margin range) so it seems like something is increasing the price on their end.

And like Fresco mentions, these are primarily for restaurant use, and solvent restaurants aren't generally in the business of getting a bad deal on ingredients, so clearly someone thinks this is a good deal.

So yeah, I don't know what's going on here. I know there are people in this thread that work at costco corporate, if any of you see this, let us know what the deal is.

hakimashou posted:

Murray's/Kroger charges 17.99 per lb for it, costco again with the savings!

For sure, generally speaking $12 a pound of reggianno is a great deal.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

It's possible that some of that goes into shipping costs associated with getting a 72 pound block of cheese to your house. They may do something special to ensure it isn't damaged/degraded in transit. They might even freight something like that but who knows.

It's pretty much guaranteed to be shipping costs.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
How fast is too fast to eat a whole Costco pumpkin pie myself?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

El Jebus posted:

How fast is too fast to eat a whole Costco pumpkin pie myself?

I think anything over 45 and you'll be a danger to other drivers.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Probably two days. If I visualize it cut into thrirds that seems like a large but not too large amount for one day.

Either eat across three days or destroy the whole thing in minutes with a stopwatch handy.

I just ordered up my snow tires, even though the flyer says the sales start tomorrow the Tire Center was offering the deal starting today. They were already the cheapest and then you take off another $110, best deal around.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hah. We got the new thread title.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

StormDrain posted:

I just ordered up my snow tires, even though the flyer says the sales start tomorrow the Tire Center was offering the deal starting today. They were already the cheapest and then you take off another $110, best deal around.

Are you getting them installed on a spare set of wheels? I had spare wheels+snow tires for my old car but got a new car this year. Not sure if I want to get a set of extra wheels or just swap tires now. But I saw tirerack has a deal on Blizzaks that brings them to about $100/ea and I live near a center so I can get the pickup discount too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Spare set, for two reasons. I got a smaller rim so the tires are cheaper, and I can swap them out at my convenience in the driveway, or it's just a quick $15 change at the local shop. I picked up a set of rims for $300 so it's not that bad overall.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Lemme tell you, bought 3 packs of steaks last week and I wasn't prepared.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone tried to return a Coffin?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Has anyone tried to return a Coffin?

No I always find a use for any extras I have laying around.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I searched Costco coffin returns and I found this which is, depressing. I understand it but man, that's sad.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Was gonna look up costco coffins tonight too! Thread is reading my mind.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
I think the Costco coffins are one of the few items that specifically state they are non-returnable.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

sandball posted:

I think the Costco coffins are one of the few items that specifically state they are non-returnable.

But what if I'm not satisfied with my coffin?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

fordham posted:

But what if I'm not satisfied with my coffin?

Then you're gonna be coffin up some more money.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to stop at the co on the way home and get a dog

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

therobit posted:

Then you're gonna be coffin up some more money.

That’s a lol.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Any experiences here in buying Costco furniture? I have any eyes on a sectional but wondering how worthwhile the white glove service is

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Hoshi posted:

Any experiences here in buying Costco furniture? I have any eyes on a sectional but wondering how worthwhile the white glove service is

They contract with local companies, I've had good experiences with a washer/dryer and a sectional. Anything that includes haul away is worth it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Getting my fridge delivered with hauling away the old (for free!) was great. Split the difference of the usual delivery charge for a nice tip for guys, especially because they had to take the doors off both fridges to get it through my narrow rear end doorways.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

Fortunately no haul away needed, for sectionals how much assembly is there actually? I'm going to try to look at a box in the store later to figure it out

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Their furniture is really well packed and easily set up, I think the white glove treatment may not be worthwhile. I just bought a sectional and a patio furniture set, easy peasy set up.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone ordered hella pizzas from Costco before? I need about 20 pizzas by Friday and I was wondering if I can place an order a few days in advanced.

NVM just called in an order for 20 PIzzzaaaaaaas. Lady seemed unfazed by the amount. Idk how many times a week someone calls in an order for double digits amounts of pizza.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 4, 2019

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I ended up not doing it, but I once considered ordering 100 churros from costco.

I called up and asked them what the process for that was, if it was a problem and how long should I call it ahead? "Oh, about 20 minutes I guess"

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I regularly see people hauling out insane amounts of pizza on the flatbed carts. Then I try and follow them to whatever party they are going to.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

I ended up not doing it, but I once considered ordering 100 churros from costco.

I called up and asked them what the process for that was, if it was a problem and how long should I call it ahead? "Oh, about 20 minutes I guess"

Shoulda went through with it. No Renegrets

TheManWithNoName posted:

I regularly see people hauling out insane amounts of pizza on the flatbed carts. Then I try and follow them to whatever party they are going to.

Shoulda went through with it. No Ragerts

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hoshi posted:

Fortunately no haul away needed, for sectionals how much assembly is there actually? I'm going to try to look at a box in the store later to figure it out

For me it was pull out of box, twist on the screw-on feet for the couches, done. No tools or anything weird.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Has anyone ordered hella pizzas from Costco before? I need about 20 pizzas by Friday and I was wondering if I can place an order a few days in advanced.

NVM just called in an order for 20 PIzzzaaaaaaas. Lady seemed unfazed by the amount. Idk how many times a week someone calls in an order for double digits amounts of pizza.

Yeah, we've ordered 15 pizzas before for a party, and they had no problems with it.

Also, if you're ordering pizzas you can get them to make sausage or pep + sausage, both of which are better than the regular pepperoni.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

canyoneer posted:

For me it was pull out of box, twist on the screw-on feet for the couches, done. No tools or anything weird.

The hardest part is getting the cardboard out to the curb. So if that tells you anything.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

canyoneer posted:

gently caress yeah that's exactly what I was hoping to hear

TraderStav posted:

The hardest part is getting the cardboard out to the curb. So if that tells you anything.

gently caress I love Costco

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

binge crotching posted:

Also, if you're ordering pizzas you can get them to make sausage or pep + sausage, both of which are better than the regular pepperoni.

!! poo poo !! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

TraderStav posted:

This is indeed true, but it's actually a ton of work to break down those thick rear end boxes.