Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s was a handful of unsubstantiated claims that Rolling Stone spent a crap ton of money investigating before dropping it due to a total lack of any evidence whatsoever. They really wanted to break the story but exhaustive research revealed there was nothing to break.

As in, in this specific situation, it could’ve just been trolls.

Good to know! My friends have been gushing about it and I was biting my tongue since I wasn't sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's all good though - the new song loving sucks.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Two busted cameras, a guard who wandered away. Not fishy at all!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No you see it makes perfect sense for the richest man to ever be imprisoned for the case of the century to be left alone, unsupervised, for hours, with no security systems because....

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Poor jail. They couldn’t even afford to fix the cameras

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I’m sure Donald will get right on top of this by defunding prisons and handing them off to his golf buddies who were oddly enough also pictured at the bunga bunga parties

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

To follow up on the Alec Holowka story mentioned earlier, well:

https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

Don't read the replies.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Deleted?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Alec killed himself. Benson's, Zoe Quinn, and everyone even mildly related are going off Twitter for a while. Alt right centers and people willing to listen to them are already portraying this as "Zoe Quinn's death count", even though Alec's sister said Alec himself had nothing against her at this point.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Who was Alec Holowka?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Sucrose posted:

Who was Alec Holowka?

Main dev roles I've heard for him are programmer for Aquaria and Night in the Woods, also did a lot of Night in the Woods music.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sucrose posted:

Who was Alec Holowka?

Indie game dev who co-created Night in the Woods. Just a few days ago a bunch of sexual harassment allegations came out against him

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he was not the same as the skyrim music guy or the Splash Damage right, like mass shootings these things just come in threes I swear

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Ok, never mind, I’ve caught up.

Zoe Quinn’s twitter thread is deleted now, what did she accuse him of doing?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sucrose posted:

Ok, never mind, I’ve caught up.

Zoe Quinn’s twitter thread is deleted now, what did she accuse him of doing?
Here's an article from a few days ago:
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/gamergate-2-0-zoe-quinn-accuses-game-developer-alec-holowka-of-abuse/

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Alan Smithee posted:

he was not the same as the skyrim music guy or the Splash Damage right, like mass shootings these things just come in threes I swear

Skyrim music guy is Jeremy Soule. I don't know who the Splash Damage guy is, though.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's worth noting that a number of other women shared similar stories of abuse about Holowka. According to his sister, he struggled with his own mental problems, though she (his sister) did not discredit his victims.

Nothing but losers in this one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah ironically I don’t think gamergate kicked off the metoo of gaming that’s only seemed to rear its head recently but it’s certainly the reactionary pushback to it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A serial abuser committing suicide is not the fault of the victim’s publicly claiming they were assaulted. Innocent people are not driven to suicide by these allegations, that’s the act of a guilty MOFO

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

one more for the Quinnton Death Count

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1167818952514387974?s=21

https://twitter.com/danaschwartzzz/status/1167521517720100864?s=21

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I wonder how they met

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he cut her off in line at the supermarket because she had 16 items in the 15 items or less line

and then later on she turned to be the cop who busted him for public urination at the Met gallery

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I gotta be honest that picture of them is creepy for sure but it’s creeping me out on a much deeper level because I’m sitting next to my 26 year old girlfriend she is a DEAD RINGER for the girl in the photo. As in I initially thought I saw a picture of her when I was going through Twitter and then I noticed that it couldn’t possibly be her but then I showed it to her and she got super freaked out because she also thought that I had Photoshopped her into a picture of Seinfeld. Their faces have extremely subtle distinction but otherwise it’s basically like a ghost twin from 30 years ago.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nice humblebrag

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I gotta be honest that picture of them is creepy for sure but it’s creeping me out on a much deeper level because I’m sitting next to my 26 year old girlfriend she is a DEAD RINGER for the girl in the photo. As in I initially thought I saw a picture of her when I was going through Twitter and then I noticed that it couldn’t possibly be her but then I showed it to her and she got super freaked out because she also thought that I had Photoshopped her into a picture of Seinfeld. Their faces have extremely subtle distinction but otherwise it’s basically like a ghost twin from 30 years ago.
Now all you gotta do for Halloween is dress up like Seinfeld

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
As a perhaps enlightening follow-up, even though this is games-related and not Hollywood, Alec Holowka's Night In The Woods collaborator Scott Benson wrote up his experiences on working with him:

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1168845730662027264?s=19

Basically, the guy was poison.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Or...was He in fact poisoned by madame Quinn!?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Zoe Quinn shares a last name with Harley Quinn. COINCIDENCE???

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Clearly Zoe Quinn slept with him to post those lies in order to make them look good.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
ScarJo wyd
https://twitter.com/theplaylist/status/1169254047599095808?s=21

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
she loving sucks lmao. from being a sodastream :airquote:brand ambassador:airquote: to stealing acting roles from minorities to being a woody defender.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
She probably has mega-millionaire brainworms and is huffing the same fart cloud as Brad Pitt

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What did Brad Pitt do/say?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nate Parker's back and Spike Lee is covering for his rear end

https://twitter.com/bootlegEP/status/1168522716821020672

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Nate Parker's back and Spike Lee is covering for his rear end

https://twitter.com/bootlegEP/status/1168522716821020672

https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/status/1169209208560128005

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tommy isn't wrong

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

GrandpaPants posted:

What did Brad Pitt do/say?

Poster is likely referring to post-divorce Brad Pitt...
Though, to be fair, we give far too much leeway with celebrities and their intelligence.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MoaM posted:

Poster is likely referring to post-divorce Brad Pitt...
Though, to be fair, we give far too much leeway with celebrities and their intelligence.

Yeah johnny depp is a high school grad from Bumfuck America. Being able to speak coherently in public and in interviews is basically the limit of his intelligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He mumbles through a lot of his public appearances these days.