Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Welp, if your aim is terrible, armed and dangerous might not be for you. Ask me how I know

How do you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The names for those store recolors might be wrong, I just noticed they labeled the Wattson one as “The Cyberian” but that’s the new Hemlok skin. I think those are just best guesses at matching names they found to store graphics.

Not sure where they got the info for which skins they require, but if they’re correct then I still won’t have anything to spend my Legend Tokens on.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
A&D is the first mode where I don't think I want to hot (or even warm) drop, bit too crazy.

Also interested to see how it shakes out when the average folks play and the twitch crowd stops. Right now I don't like it, because it's the joy of EVERYONE longbowing you instead of just like four people.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 3, 2019

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just played with probably the best no mic pubbie I've ever played with in a game where we didn't get a third squadmate. He was just good as far as combat went, same as me, definitely not some 20 kill game twitch god, but our teamwork man. We were like a well oiled machine designed only to kill. We got like 10 kills total plus the win and never got downed once. We had advanced ping communication, strategy coordination on the macro and micro level with those pings, great use of abilities with his scan and tracking to figure out where we needed to be positioned plus my dome shield and mortar strike to capitalize on the position, and we were perfectly synced up in combat. He would pop out, take a few hits, then I would pop out and put down some pressure as he backed off a bit, then he would cover me as I moved to flank, etc.

Some people like to complain about bad pubbies, but I live for those magical games where everything just clicks into place with a perfect random squad.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Armed and dangerous is great. Normally I suck at killing poo poo but for whatever reason I've been doing a lot better than usual.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

runchild posted:

Oooh, Bionicle Bloodhound is rad. Here’s another skin that has “leaked” thanks to that glitch that sometimes shows the wrong skin in character select.

That1MiningGuy found the skin files and their filenames include “marketing_box”, so they’re almost certainly the skins you’ll get for buying the upcoming physical edition of the game.

And then there were a number of new store recolors that were found by various miners:

https://twitter.com/cornbreadman264/status/1168960525230837760?s=21

Where are these skins coming from? I don't see them in the store yet. Are they rotating everyday?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They're upcoming. You'll see them over the coming weeks.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Shotty/Sniper is actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. The lack of armour makes everything very, very brutal and generally your fights aren't going to last very long, but it can become a lot like playing InstaGib without the fun of low gravity (Unless you're Octane or Pathfinder). Not something I'd play as much as solos and fuuuck winning 5 of them for the badge, but better than it should be. I think only having LVL1 armour and making it a fairly rare drop was a very good call.

E: I wish they'd stop with the gold motif on the legendaries. Everything's covered in gold and as a professional Gold Disliker, bleh :(

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 4, 2019

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Reddit has referred to this handsome person as Bionicle Bloodhound.

I can totally see a bionicle bloodhound that shoots out his raven from his rubber band powered arm.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
everyone keeps jumping into the warp tunnel. 4 games in a row of near insta-death. this is not fun

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Ammanas posted:

everyone keeps jumping into the warp tunnel. 4 games in a row of near insta-death. this is not fun

I've been dropping outside and moving in through the main door to mop up the bloodbath

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Ammanas posted:

Have you tried being Caustic

runchild
May 26, 2010

That1MiningGuy thinks Crypto’s drone might already be hiding in the map somewhere. For reference it looks like this and this. Keep your eyes peeled!

https://twitter.com/that1miningguy/status/1169017011705438214?s=21

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

runchild posted:

That1MiningGuy thinks Crypto’s drone might already be hiding in the map somewhere. For reference it looks like this and this. Keep your eyes peeled!

https://twitter.com/that1miningguy/status/1169017011705438214?s=21

You mention that tweet and not the way more interesting one just below it?
https://twitter.com/That1MiningGuy/status/1169007619610238978

Looking at some other stuff, it seems to be part of a PVE-mode, or a mixed PVP/PVE-mode

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 4, 2019

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Having a ton of fun with Armed and Dangerous. Got three wins last night, with Gib/Octane/Lifeline for the Wraith music pack which I haven't yet had the chance to listen to yet but I'm looking forward to it.

This game type really rewards specific character choice/usage. Lifeline/Octane are great because of built-in healing when healing supplies and armor are in very short supply. Gib's shield is a lifesaver when you get sniped out of nowhere and aren't sure where it came from, and his ult rocks the house since no one has lots of armor or life. Pathfinder is also extremely useful (as always) with the ability to get you into very advantageous sniping position; if you're able to get high ground and your team can aim, it's easy to wipe full squads in no time flat.

The more games I play with Caustic as my teammate, the less I'm enamored with him (specifically as a teammate). His traps are good for area denial in/around buildings and as early-warning detection when an enemy trips them, but their vision obstruction is a real pain in the rear end. At least when you have a digital threat scope it lets you blast away with impunity when an area is gassed up.

Speaking of digital threat, last night in A&D I picked up a gold longbow which comes equipped with a 4-10 digi. Normally I'd steer well clear of this gun because most of the time it's too much zoom, but in this game type it is worth its weight in gold and got me several kills I otherwise had no business getting.

Looking forward to stomping more teams! Also, getting stomped. Early hot drops are a poo poo show.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
A&D mode is fun, the gold weapon drops are great. Team dropped Airbase alone and got 2x gold Triple Takes and cruised to a win.

If anything though, this mode has made it obvious that I need to get better at tracking. Doing really well at lining up and hitting spaced out sniper and shotgun shots when everyone has 150 hp max, but nowhere near as consistent in normal mode, where fights have longer TTK.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

ELO Musk posted:

How do you know?

My aim is bad and I die a lot :tipshat:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
A&D feels like it's a test of how good you are at the longbow after the silliness of hot dropping. I can hit people with the TT fairly well, but even with partial cover the people who can really score those long range longbow shots win the day.

I feel like I'd like it more if I was remotely good at the longbow. I haven't gotten a great sense for the bullet travel time, still.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Dragongem posted:

A&D feels like it's a test of how good you are at the longbow after the silliness of hot dropping. I can hit people with the TT fairly well, but even with partial cover the people who can really score those long range longbow shots win the day.

I feel like I'd like it more if I was remotely good at the longbow. I haven't gotten a great sense for the bullet travel time, still.

I think it's more a test about how good you are about quick peeking and finding new angles. If someone just sticks to the same piece of cover it's not too bad to dial in the shots.

I'm really enjoying the mode, gives me the change to practice with single shot weapons which I'm usually bad at.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kanonvandekempen posted:

Looking at some other stuff, it seems to be part of a PVE-mode, or a mixed PVP/PVE-mode

Nah, they're flyers that have purple loot boxes but when you get them it's just filled with mozambiques

runchild
May 26, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Nah, they're flyers that have purple loot boxes but when you get them it's just filled with mozambiques

But the Mozambique is good now!

...with Hammerpoints

....which are better used on a P2020.

JK, Moz is definitely better than it used to be but that 3 round mag is so unforgiving.

RE: PVE mode, yeah there’s lots of juicy info about it, but we don’t know how far out it is. Could be next season, could be longer, could get scrapped before it actually shows. All data mining is speculation. On the other hand the drone might (might!) be out there somewhere right now, or at least in the next few weeks. Speaking of the drone, here it is in motion. Cute little fella.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Moz needs a 5 shot mag.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mozambique needs to be dropped from the game. There are enough peashooters. It and the 2020 and 45 could all be one gun but they want more variety in the basement to up the opportunity for useless skins.

I had a fuckin teammate carry one into the endgame in AnD last night. We were hosed anyway 2v3, but who knows if he had an actual gun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Moz with Hammerpoint could be ok in the final couple of circles.

Like, if I had an R301 and a Longbow and we got to the final 2 circles I would drop the Longbow for a gold Moz and use it like a Peacekeeper (assuming I couldn't find an R99 or a real Peacekeeper or a high-end Prowler)

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

codo27 posted:

Mozambique needs to be dropped from the game. There are enough peashooters. It and the 2020 and 45 could all be one gun but they want more variety in the basement to up the opportunity for useless skins.

I had a fuckin teammate carry one into the endgame in AnD last night. We were hosed anyway 2v3, but who knows if he had an actual gun.

What's wrong with the 45? It's not bad at all, especially if you find a mag for it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's just a lesser version of the Alternator in most ways. It's not a bad gun but it's redundant.

There's going to be an energy revolver added to the game so I'm looking forward to that.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's just a lesser version of the Alternator in most ways. It's not a bad gun but it's redundant.

There's going to be an energy revolver added to the game so I'm looking forward to that.

Yeah but he's grouping it up with the 2020 and moz.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The R45 is great if you need to get pistol kills.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dyz posted:

Yeah but he's grouping it up with the 2020 and moz.

That's a good point, I don't think it belongs in that group in terms of power.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I dropped in Thunderdome twice near the pods closest to Skulltown. I opened the same pod in two consecutive games and found a mastiff.

Luck I guess??

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I dropped in Thunderdome twice near the pods closest to Skulltown. I opened the same pod in two consecutive games and found a mastiff.

Luck I guess??

Keep dropping there and report back.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love the 45 over the Alternator (Though the Alternator has proven its worth) and I was totally mindfucked when I saw just how good the P2020 with Hammerpoint rounds was. It dropped some dude in like 2 or 3 shots, it was crazy.

One day I'll do a Disrupt/Hammer round but the last time I tried to do it Hammerpoint rounds never dropped despite them showing up in every crate ever otherwise :eng99:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Hammerpoint Mozambique is incredible, one shot with armor broken, two shot against >= HP.

yeah, it can't be your primary weapon even up close, but if you empty your primary clip in a bad way the Moz can be forgiving of your error.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Hammerpoint 2020 is one of my preferred secondaries and a great choice to bring in to the late game. Some of my recent wins and high kill losses have involved a Devotion/Disruptor RE-45 combo, though yeah I would swap it for an Alternator usually. Lol at the idea that certain guns only exist to up the number of skins, or that bringing a (properly kitted and synergized with your other gun) pistol to the end game is some sort of cardinal sin.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I think it's fine for mozambique to function as a placeholding weapon for shotgun bolt/hammerpoint mods until you find a replacement.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I will say I've had some good engagements with R99/Hammerpoint Moz

Burn down their armor with the R99, take cover, switch to Moz, peek, game over.

It's also an incredible weapon if you both break each other's armor and you disengage and they try to push. Surprise! They're going to get one shot by a weapon that fires nearly 3x faster than the purple-bolted Peacekeeper.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just won my first armed and dangerous game. My teammate got 11 kills, but I got the final kill. And we all know that that's the most important one right :smuggo:

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

Just won my first armed and dangerous game. My teammate got 11 kills, but I got the final kill. And we all know that that's the most important one right :smuggo:

Better than a lot of randos who get downed and dc because you didn’t pick them up right away.

Sorry I couldn’t 1v3 this squad fast enough!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

John DiFool posted:

Better than a lot of randos who get downed and dc because you didn’t pick them up right away.

Sorry I couldn’t 1v3 this squad fast enough!

Seriously, all the solo players are back and think they can waltz back into squads and play the way they usually do can all go to hell!!!

Case and point:

DON’T EMULATE STREAMERS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I cannot help but always take a Mozambique with hammerpoint because it is just worth the comedy kills