Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Y'know, I feel like Dragon Friends does the additional NPC voices through Ben, Edan, and guests so well that it's kind of disappointing that other podcasts don't do the same.
I've currently started on Dungeons & Daddies*, at the suggestion of someone on the Dragon Huddle, and yeah. It feels weird not to have an 'additional voices' person, after mainlining DF for a while.

*Not a BDSM podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Having a dedicated NPC person really is the secret sauce that DF has over all other podcasts. The fact that Ben takes so much delight in loving with Dave's notes makes it so much better.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

Having a dedicated NPC person really is the secret sauce that DF has over all other podcasts. The fact that Ben takes so much delight in loving with Dave's notes makes it so much better.

Honestly Ben is so good at it that it's kind of disappointing when he isn't there. Edan's good at it too, but Ben just takes a puckish amount of pleasure in it and really sets himself apart

I've also been listening to Not Another D&D Podcast and it's great too, but so wholesome compared to dragon friends in how the players are so supportive and enthusiastic about pursuing the adventure that the DM presents them each week

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've also been listening to Not Another D&D Podcast and it's great too, but so wholesome compared to dragon friends in how the players are so supportive and enthusiastic about pursuing the adventure that the DM presents them each week

I had to stop for a second at 'so wholesome' when I recalled that the first episode starts with how they're not going to have a discussion about Dragon Pussies, and then proceeds to talk about Dragon Pussies for a good 3 minutes. That said I think NADPOD is my favorite Podcast currently though I am hearing a bunch about Dungeon Daddies in the past week.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

I love the triumph in Dave's voice as he announces the new theater backdrop.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pour one out for Elsebeth Truscott, who died for her art.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

This season rules. I started losing the plot thread during the whodunnit mystery episodes, as usually happens on the middle of the season, but they’ve had some incredible eps.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Hughlander posted:

I had to stop for a second at 'so wholesome' when I recalled that the first episode starts with how they're not going to have a discussion about Dragon Pussies, and then proceeds to talk about Dragon Pussies for a good 3 minutes. That said I think NADPOD is my favorite Podcast currently though I am hearing a bunch about Dungeon Daddies in the past week.

For better or worse, NaddPod doesn't have a Michael Hing trying to get one over on the rest of the party.

e: I listened to a few Dragon Daddies too, and I wanted to know what they all looked like. Turns out you need to specify "Dragon daddies podcast" when searching it, or you just get deviant art accounts and videos about Spyro 1?

ee: Oh yeah its "DUNGEON daddies." Well, you live and learn.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 5, 2019

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

For better or worse, NaddPod doesn't have a Michael Hing trying to get one over on the rest of the party.

e: I listened to a few Dragon Daddies too, and I wanted to know what they all looked like. Turns out you need to specify "Dragon daddies podcast" when searching it, or you just get deviant art accounts and videos about Spyro 1?

ee: Oh yeah its "DUNGEON daddies." Well, you live and learn.

And yet dungeon daddy dave is conspicuously absent from the cast, hmm

Dave said in the dragon huddle that the twist set change in the last episode was Ben's idea; I wonder what Dave was going to do on his own? I suppose I could just ask him, there's a group for that now, but I'm too lazy to look for the post again

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Dave said in the dragon huddle that the twist set change in the last episode was Ben's idea; I wonder what Dave was going to do on his own? I suppose I could just ask him, there's a group for that now, but I'm too lazy to look for the post again

I mean he does read this thread...

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Oh hey, looks like they managed to pull the entire group up for Hell Freezo-s Over, The second season. (Probably because they're streaming for DnD officially, to promote new upcoming material.)

It would be great if they can keep Ben around for the entire season, (since it's paid by DnD and all.)

( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/477093677 )

e:
"Oh? So how are you going to describe that on a PG-13 stream?"
Ben gulps.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 5, 2019

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Freezo was so close to getting a cursed philter of love, and I'm a little sad he missed it.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Ainsley McTree posted:

Where was that post? I couldn’t find it..

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hyphz posted:

It was a reply (possibly a reply to a reply) to somebody else’s post; I can’t remember what the OP was now, but it would have been posted a day or two after the last podcast ep went up, most likely

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

hyphz posted:

It was a response to a comment on the episode release post on Facebook.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just got to the part where Ben interrupts and stops the game solely because somebody in the Twitch chat say Droopy Dog and Snagglepuss has the same voice, and he has to do a live improv scene to demonstrate otherwise

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

I just got to the part where Ben interrupts and stops the game solely because somebody in the Twitch chat say Droopy Dog and Snagglepuss has the same voice, and he has to do a live improv scene to demonstrate otherwise

That was an excellent scene, and Hing offering Top Cat's House as the location was the icing on the cake.

Also Ben and Hing agreed on-stream to do a new FTAGH this weekend, and they would certainly not deceive us, the loyal audience, about this kind of thing

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

That was an excellent scene, and Hing offering Top Cat's House as the location was the icing on the cake.

Also Ben and Hing agreed on-stream to do a new FTAGH this weekend, and they would certainly not deceive us, the loyal audience, about this kind of thing

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1170233005312331776?s=19

(it's not out yet)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know it's very hard for them to do these days what with being functional partners and members of society and poo poo (the cowards) but I'm always sad after listening to a new FTAGH knowing it's who knows when until another comes.

But then that just means I should listen to old ones.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
If you haven't listened to the Alex Lee episodes one after the other, you haven't really experienced it, honestly.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Not Operator posted:

If you haven't listened to the Alex Lee episodes one after the other, you haven't really experienced it, honestly.

I still don't know what breakfast juice is.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

well that's good to see!

sexpig by night posted:

I know it's very hard for them to do these days what with being functional partners and members of society and poo poo (the cowards) but I'm always sad after listening to a new FTAGH knowing it's who knows when until another comes.

But then that just means I should listen to old ones.

i dared to hope after the most recent one, because they'd figured out a remote recording setup that allowed them to do episodes without having to physically be together, but, well, i guess not

i mean i'm not earnestly complaining that they prioritize their lives over the free podcast that i haven't joined the patreon for, it's just always a nice treat when one comes out, because I've finally finished listening to them all (in reverse order, and man, the first episode is pretty rough at points)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

Alex Lee is the most powerful Dragon Friend, and knows it

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

Alex Lee is the most powerful Dragon Friend, and knows it

Alex is like the angel on Hing's and Ben's shoulders, but when they're all together, they're both devils on hers, and it rules.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
About once a week I think about the story from one of their guests about having to do a striptease while dressed as the joker, getting booed, and then fired. It's so drat good.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
:supaburn: https://omny.fm/shows/free-to-a-good-home/ep-106-bring-a-bathing-suit-dont-bring-any-sauce :supaburn:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol 'somehow our podcast has gone viral'

'WHY ARE YOU HERE?!'

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I appreciate that the only reason this is out is because someone in the twitch stream asked about it on an episode that both Ben and Hing were on

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've been listening to Not Another d&d podcast while I wait for new DF eps, and there's an episode where they comment on how the DM made one of his NPCs sound like snagglepuss, and it was like coming home

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've been listening to Not Another d&d podcast while I wait for new DF eps, and there's an episode where they comment on how the DM made one of his NPCs sound like snagglepuss, and it was like coming home

Guess who the Droopy Dog sounding train wizard in the Adventure Zone was named after.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Psychepath posted:

Guess who the Droopy Dog sounding train wizard in the Adventure Zone was named after.

Ha, I knew that already. I would have said that Ben's character choices were influenced by that, but I know from listening to FTAGH that his love of Hanna-Barbera voices runs much deeper, so it's just beautiful serendipity I guess

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
No new episode this week, so I decided to listen to Montaigne's new album instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgBc5Hu-Cl4

I feel like this song is actually about D&D

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

inthesto posted:

No new episode this week, so I decided to listen to Montaigne's new album instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgBc5Hu-Cl4

I feel like this song is actually about D&D

Beef Babes/Hell Freezeover have a new episode. Endings great for being pure Hing.

https://www.thedragonfriends.com/episode/when-hell-freezover-episode-ten/

MisterFuzzles fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 14, 2019

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

MisterFuzzles posted:

Beef Babes/Hell Freezeover have a new episode. Endings great for being pure Hing.

https://www.thedragonfriends.com/episode/when-hell-freezover-episode-ten/

Really, I just wanted everyone to know about Montaigne's album, because drat it's good

Forcibly continuing the adventure and almost getting killed after everything is over is really the hallmark of the Dragon Friends, though

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Banknote’s not even pretending to be a good boy anymore, is he?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Roach Warehouse posted:

Banknote’s not even pretending to be a good boy anymore, is he?

He’s simply trying to prevent an evil cult from fulfilling a prophecy that would spell doom for the world, by any means necessary (that just happen to involve some light wanton murder). What could be more good than that?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It feels like it used to be possible to describe episodes as peak Hing, but as of today's ep I think that line graph has gone fully exponential.

The only thing more burned down than Daggerford are Dave's notes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Psychepath posted:

It feels like it used to be possible to describe episodes as peak Hing, but as of today's ep I think that line graph has gone fully exponential.

The only thing more burned down than Daggerford are Dave's notes.

Is Lionshield Banknote....not a good boy after all?

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
I can't wait til the Dragon Friends and the Beef babes finally meet up, especially after today's Beef Babe episode.

I am curious to how Hing will react when he hears that Bethanee has a currently unsigned contract to help murder the Dragon Friends for the now vengeful Kithercy. Assuming Kithercy doesn't immediately try to kill Freezo, or vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's not Hing's fault he is better at the game than everyone else