Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I forgot to comment on this

Is this inside knowledge or just a guess/assumption? I figured he wasn't on the roster because he's leaving on his own to join EG, not because fnatic kicked him.

Assumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

2 time TI winner Sebastien "7ckingmad" DebS laughs heartily as NA #1 Arteezy continues to never win a TI.

Yes, that's because Ceb is really loving good, as are all the other players on OG. They're not just magically winning games, they're winning games because they're outplaying everyone.

Also, rtz has plenty of good results lmao. Not winning TI doesn't mean a team isn't successful.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat I was hoping for more drama

I guess this will have to do

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1_bOXgBCdA/

reddit OP posted:

TLDR: we had a good time with the boys and achieved a lot, but TI still remains unconquered. VP roster is gonna change a lot this year. I (Solo) am going back to captain position and we will come back stronger than ever. No additional info yet but we have a path we want to follow, huge props to everyone who supports us through good and bad times.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

Yes, that's because Ceb is really loving good, as are all the other players on OG. They're not just magically winning games, they're winning games because they're outplaying everyone.

Also, rtz has plenty of good results lmao. Not winning TI doesn't mean a team isn't successful.

sorry the only good results are winning valve events rtz confirmed scrub

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

sorry the only good results are winning valve events rtz confirmed scrub

this but unironically

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Fnatic seem poised to accomplish nothing outside of sea

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ceb is a good player and good teammate, but drat he should never write another blog ever again lmao

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Ceb is a good player and good teammate, but drat he should never write another blog ever again lmao

He should have stopped years ago or at least hire an editor.

E: just a font editor at least

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Knowlue posted:

Fnatic seem poised to accomplish nothing outside of sea

They just shoved together the ti8 Mineski and the ti9 Fnatic squads and then added 23savage because their carry always sucks. On paper, this is a good lineup. I'm not the biggest fan of Moon but he's still a good mid laner. This lineup will be good or bad exclusively dependant on if Icefrog buffs Iceiceice's hero pool.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

making turbo only count for half a win this year made me Real Sad so I didn't play nearly as much as last year
I played a few Turbo matches because I had a bunch of the items that let you clear a half-completed challenge, and Turbo is the loving worst now (or maybe it always was). You basically either ban all the hard push heroes or hope you have more on your team than the other team, and hope your team doesn't draft awful lanes. Like, I thought ranked was bad, but turbo is a whole new world of awful players.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
There are exactly two classes of people in Turbo. People who are terrible at playing Dota or people who are grinding out their first 100 games to unlock ranked for their smurf.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
turbo is how all the pros (the ones who cared, anyway) unlocked their bp jungle this year. just 5stacking and doing push strats

pity anyone who ran into that. At least it'd be short!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incoherence posted:

I played a few Turbo matches because I had a bunch of the items that let you clear a half-completed challenge, and Turbo is the loving worst now (or maybe it always was). You basically either ban all the hard push heroes or hope you have more on your team than the other team, and hope your team doesn't draft awful lanes. Like, I thought ranked was bad, but turbo is a whole new world of awful players.

Turbo is fun if you're in a party because at worst you can make sure at least two of your team are hard carries if need be. Also it's clowny and the game will end fast regardless.

But good lord did I sure have a lot of game where we had like three supports and an offlaner and I'm sitting here just wishing I could get a single win so I can culling blade whatever awful hero I need to win with.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Knowlue posted:

He should have stopped years ago or at least hire an editor.

E: just a font editor at least

Would be wise. I imagine he'd be more eloquent in his native language though.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

resident leaker said midone to fnatic but thats wrong

I said it was heavily implied, if I had a transcript of the conversation it would read as if MidOne was on Fnatic already. This was well before the after-party, and that shuffle had just started between the early and out teams.

EG tried for Ice and it sounds like a SEA team tried for DJ. Getting the $$$ for Abed was the only way to save them.

MidOne is out of Secret and taking a break.

Mineski is in shambles apparently.

Forev is creating some tier 1 Korean roster.

Valve has given the Majors to..

MDL (China)
DreamHack (Leipzig)
EPICENTER
PGL (Jakarta)
ESL

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
mushi is the new pos5 on Keen, for some reason

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
No loving na tournaments again will actually be very upsetting to me

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there is supposed to be a high-tier but non-DPC tournament coming to NA, for whatever small comfort that's worth

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Yeah, Midas mode 2

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yeah it's weird to me that they want to complain about the NA scene falling off the last couple years when they never run any events here

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Reality Sinner posted:

Yeah, Midas mode 2

nope. ESL dude said something was in the works https://twitter.com/theflyingdj/status/1165547761820979202?s=21

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

96 spacejam posted:

I said it was heavily implied, if I had a transcript of the conversation it would read as if MidOne was on Fnatic already. This was well before the after-party, and that shuffle had just started between the early and out teams.

EG tried for Ice and it sounds like a SEA team tried for DJ. Getting the $$$ for Abed was the only way to save them.

MidOne is out of Secret and taking a break.

Mineski is in shambles apparently.

Forev is creating some tier 1 Korean roster.

Valve has given the Majors to..

MDL (China)
DreamHack (Leipzig)
EPICENTER
PGL (Jakarta)
ESL

WHO IS REPLACING MIDONE AND WHATS UP WITH NAVI

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If NA gets nothing and the UK gets another ESL that would be crazy

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it would be pretty funny if that guy thought that "T1" meant tier 1 when it is actually the name of Forev's team (which it is)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

it would be pretty funny if that guy thought that "T1" meant tier 1 when it is actually the name of Forev's team (which it is)

does it really surprise you though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Maybe forev can sign Faker and let him make some real money

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I have it on good authority that ppd is going to start a BR team just to absorb the haters. It was heavily implied!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m really excited to watch the T1 team, if it’s good or bad idc. Just wanna see korean dota again

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Zurreco posted:

I have it on good authority that ppd is going to start a BR team just to absorb the haters. It was heavily implied!

i have it on good authority that any ppd team immediately transforms into an NA team by force of how powerful his spirit is

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

Thing is, OG faced a lot of teams with players that were individually better. Most of their "outplays" throughout the tournament were because of their insane teamwork and trust. Hell, look at Infamous. They are by no means the best individual players in the world, but they clowned on several teams because they play as a cohesive unit for the most part.

Not to say talent in individual roles isn't important, but it's been a long time since DotA was "win lanes, win games".

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Nasgate posted:

Thing is, OG faced a lot of teams with players that were individually better. Most of their "outplays" throughout the tournament were because of their insane teamwork and trust. Hell, look at Infamous. They are by no means the best individual players in the world, but they clowned on several teams because they play as a cohesive unit for the most part.

Not to say talent in individual roles isn't important, but it's been a long time since DotA was "win lanes, win games".

This is the most exaggerated poo poo on the planet. OG has insanely talented players on every single role. Laning isn't the entirety of player skill - but even if it was, every member of OG did a fantastic job in lane. The players on OG aren't worse than any other players in the world. You don't win TI back to back with players that aren't world class in every position. Topson went even with Sumail and Maybe in lane and convincingly beat w33 and CCnC. I'm just confused about who you can possibly talk about when you say that OG faced teams with players that were individually better than the players on OG.

Also, every member of Infamous is pretty god drat fantastic. I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that they aren't individually skilled - I know they aren't familiar names, but they played fantastic Dota.

It honestly just sounds to me like you're giving a huge amount of respect to well known players for being super technically skilled but not doing the same to any new players who play super well.

EDIT: If you're just talking about laning as the only form of skill then I can sorta see where you're coming from even if I disagree with you but player skill is way more than just laning. Everybody on OG has insanely good game sense, their itemization is almost always perfect, and every one of them will usually make some bananas play in every game. I'm not sure what a high skilled player looks like if not that.

shades of blue fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 4, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You can make a solid argument that 3 of the 5 players on OG are the best in the world at their positions as individuals and the drop off for the other two is not exactly huge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vando posted:

You can make a solid argument that 3 of the 5 players on OG are the best in the world at their positions as individuals and the drop off for the other two is not exactly huge

You could probably make that argument for everyone but ceb

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Sampatrick posted:

This is the most exaggerated poo poo on the planet. OG has insanely talented players on every single role. Laning isn't the entirety of player skill - but even if it was, every member of OG did a fantastic job in lane. The players on OG aren't worse than any other players in the world. You don't win TI back to back with players that aren't world class in every position. Topson went even with Sumail and Maybe in lane and convincingly beat w33 and CCnC. I'm just confused about who you can possibly talk about when you say that OG faced teams with players that were individually better than the players on OG.

Also, every member of Infamous is pretty god drat fantastic. I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that they aren't individually skilled - I know they aren't familiar names, but they played fantastic Dota.

It honestly just sounds to me like you're giving a huge amount of respect to well known players for being super technically skilled but not doing the same to any new players who play super well.

EDIT: If you're just talking about laning as the only form of skill then I can sorta see where you're coming from even if I disagree with you but player skill is way more than just laning. Everybody on OG has insanely good game sense, their itemization is almost always perfect, and every one of them will usually make some bananas play in every game. I'm not sure what a high skilled player looks like if not that.

I hate OG a lot but was with you until you mentioned ccnc in the same breath as good players and now i have to question everything else about your post

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I hate OG a lot but was with you until you mentioned ccnc in the same breath as good players and now i have to question everything else about your post

I know we all love to meme and stuff but CCnC is a legitimately good player. He’s not Sumail but he’s good and his improvement from the last TI was massive.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

You could probably make that argument for everyone but ceb

Why not Ceb? Like I don't understand this. When he plays a flashy, teamfight hero he always delivers. His itemization is always fantastic. He rarely gets caught out. I get that Ceb used to not be the best but like his individual play is fantastic.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Is he the very best, alone, above all others? Because that's what I'm talking about.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mikeraskol posted:

I know we all love to meme and stuff but CCnC is a legitimately good player. He’s not Sumail but he’s good and his improvement from the last TI was massive.

I'm in no way memeing, he's Good as compared to average players but the gulf between him and the actual top of the pack is like the gulf between him and me (im not good)

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Can't wait to be blinded by a singular light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
NA Lan means it's time for EE to shine