Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

My understanding is that he has a connect in Canada that salvages and parts out wrecked Audis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Wow the engine from an RS8, that’s gotta be rare, like impossibly rare. And for it to fit into a tightly packaged 2.0 TSI engine bay so easily, wow!

Hey my buddy's got a cop spec car they took all the restrictor plates off and it makes double the horsepower, smokes Ferraris at every stoplight

Kinda loving with Roundup Ready here but that story does have all the hallmarks of "completely full of poo poo car guy makes up far fetched car story" my dude

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There literally isn’t an rs8

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

MunchE posted:

Hey my buddy's got a cop spec car they took all the restrictor plates off and it makes double the horsepower, smokes Ferraris at every stoplight

Kinda loving with Roundup Ready here but that story does have all the hallmarks of "completely full of poo poo car guy makes up far fetched car story" my dude

the fact that there have been a grand total of zero production RS8s is a give away too. Even if we assume that's a flub and they meant an RS6 they're still shoving (at best) a twin turbo V8 into this thing and it's a sleeper?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My girlfriend goes to another school

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

What is the emissions situation like up in WA? Standalone ECUs pass or is it strict?

emissions testing only in king, snohomish, pierce (and maybe one other county?)

however it's slated to be retired soon and i dont think there will be any testing after that.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Roundup Ready posted:

My understanding is that he has a connect in Canada that salvages and parts out wrecked Audis.
FYI, what bcoCOMG means by impossibly rare is that no RS8 has ever been officially produced. One prototype has been confirmed to exist (https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/audis-stillborn-rs8-prototype-shows-what-an-rs-super-limo-could-look-like/) but the RS7 is the highest one that's ever actually been built.

Also as noted putting that drivetrain in to anything on the Golf platform would be a project on the order of the Nissan Juke-R, you'd pretty much just have to shorten a RS7 and make an Alltrack body fit on top.

That's not to say he might not have a seriously powerful sleeper Alltrack using Canadian parts. HPA Motorsports just outside of Vancouver is famous for cramming a bunch of boost in to a Passat R36 drivetrain and bolting that all in to something on the Golf platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6SYG37uHiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnR6FBRC0F4

If I had money to burn I think having them work their magic on an Alltrack and keeping it as stock as possible externally would be hilarious.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Look, this was a couple months back, so I might be remembering the exact model wrong. This dude has zero reason to lie, I just know it was some Audi you can't get stateside and was around 600 hp.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

wolrah posted:

FYI, what bcoCOMG means by impossibly rare is that no RS8 has ever been officially produced. One prototype has been confirmed to exist (https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/audis-stillborn-rs8-prototype-shows-what-an-rs-super-limo-could-look-like/) but the RS7 is the highest one that's ever actually been built.

Also as noted putting that drivetrain in to anything on the Golf platform would be a project on the order of the Nissan Juke-R, you'd pretty much just have to shorten a RS7 and make an Alltrack body fit on top.

That's not to say he might not have a seriously powerful sleeper Alltrack using Canadian parts. HPA Motorsports just outside of Vancouver is famous for cramming a bunch of boost in to a Passat R36 drivetrain and bolting that all in to something on the Golf platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6SYG37uHiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnR6FBRC0F4

If I had money to burn I think having them work their magic on an Alltrack and keeping it as stock as possible externally would be hilarious.

Like I said, I (or the dude who told me) might have hosed up on the actual engine. Also the guy who made it owns a multi million dollar, massive tuning shop, and builds sleepers as a hobby. If I hosed up the engine, sorry. The point remains that it kicks rear end.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BraveUlysses posted:

emissions testing only in king, snohomish, pierce (and maybe one other county?)

however it's slated to be retired soon and i dont think there will be any testing after that.

excellent, maybe i can drive the s2k up there and not worry. soon, soon.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

excellent, maybe i can drive the s2k up there and not worry. soon, soon.

I believe emissions testing ends January 1st, 2020.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://ecology.wa.gov/Air-Climate/Air-quality/Vehicle-emissions/Emissions-check-ends

After 38 years, Washington’s emission check program will end Jan. 1, 2020. After this time, vehicle owners will no longer be required to have their vehicle’s emissions tested before renewing their registration. Vehicles scheduled for testing in 2019 still need an emission test before they can renew their tabs.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Roundup Ready posted:

Look, this was a couple months back, so I might be remembering the exact model wrong. This dude has zero reason to lie, I just know it was some Audi you can't get stateside and was around 600 hp.

Why don't you just name the shop? We have the internet and can look it up, more than likely they have the entire build information on their website if it's the owner. Possibly even some youtube videos. It would be pretty crazy if its an R8 or an RS6/7 engine and that sounds super cool and we all want to look it up and learn more about it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Roundup Ready posted:

no, no, she really does go to another school!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BraveUlysses posted:

https://ecology.wa.gov/Air-Climate/Air-quality/Vehicle-emissions/Emissions-check-ends

After 38 years, Washington’s emission check program will end Jan. 1, 2020. After this time, vehicle owners will no longer be required to have their vehicle’s emissions tested before renewing their registration. Vehicles scheduled for testing in 2019 still need an emission test before they can renew their tabs.

Maksimus54 posted:

I believe emissions testing ends January 1st, 2020.

Excellent.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

You guys do it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Residency Evil posted:

You guys do it?

Yeah we did all the positions: doggy, missionary, and regular

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

For fucks sake. No need to be a cock about this. I hosed up a minor detail of an interesting story, and owned up to it. Chill the gently caress out.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Roundup Ready posted:

For fucks sake. No need to be a cock about this. I hosed up a minor detail of an interesting story, and owned up to it. Chill the gently caress out.

She doesn’t have Facebook or twitter either, you’ll just have to believe me

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
You guys are going to be really embarrassed when she finally comes on the ham radio and helps save the world with a singalong and Planck’s constant

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Yeah we did all the positions: doggy, missionary, and regular

high fives after gym class in locker room, with no one showering.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

haha wow leave that poor guy alone.

Going to be selling my MK7 GTI soon, if anybody is interested in OEM all weather mats, OBDEleven, or D dock, and maybe 17" winter wheels/tires (fits over PP/sport calipers) then you can PM me.

Today is the day I buy a van and cry in the shower. But it has more power and storage than my GTI!! :smith:

Edit: Caveat... Haven't sold the car yet so it may take me a week or two to get everything in order. Also have a newborn so free time is limited so patience will be necessary.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 5, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PMd

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:yikes:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still waiting for my fever dream RS8 Alltrack to materialize

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Still waiting for my fever dream RS8 Alltrack to materialize

Can you even buy a new RS8 yet? I mean if you have piles of cash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I drove another stock FiST today!

I think this might be the one.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Rhyno posted:

Did it have the Recaros?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It did, they fit me quite well.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Rhyno posted:

:mmmhmm: they aren't fast, they are just Too Much Fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Way too much fun. It isnt fast but it felt fast?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rhyno posted:

That’s why I got my Abarth.

btw if you guys are ever selling a car try Carvana. They gave me 1400 more than other dealers and it took like 5 minutes.

I tried to sell it privately but no one wanted my Abarth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rhyno posted:

Slow car fast is best fast my friend.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

btw if you guys are ever selling a car try Carvana. They gave me 1400 more than other dealers and it took like 5 minutes.

I Vroomed my mustang they offered more than Carvana, I would submit to all of them and take the highest. So easy, even easier if they have a car in inventory you want they will drop it and pick up your heap. It really is grub hub for AI addicts.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

PaintVagrant posted:

Yes but when you inevitably buy a FiST keep this advice in mind :clint:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ehud posted:

Essentially my experience when I was selling my mk6 TDI. Who knew that a 2 door, manual, diesel hatchback isn’t a highly desirable model?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay I want a FiST with Recaros and low miles. Looks like 2017s can be had like this for $15K on average. Any downside to this plan?

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

I'm considering selling my FiST to get a Stinger GT. I still have a Z3 Coupe as a low 200s HP nugget and could do with a car that doesn't make me feel exhausted after drives longer than 2 hours. How stupid am I?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pibur posted:

I'm considering selling my FiST to get a Stinger GT. I still have a Z3 Coupe as a low 200s HP nugget and could do with a car that doesn't make me feel exhausted after drives longer than 2 hours. How stupid am I?

Not stupid at all if you're making a decent amount of drives over two hours. Get a car that fits how you drive, it's why my wife drives a Lexus LS, she spends almost two hours in her car every day in traffic and being in the Lexus makes it a lot more tolerable. No way I'd make that commute in a FiST that would be miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Not stupid at all if you're making a decent amount of drives over two hours. Get a car that fits how you drive, it's why my wife drives a Lexus LS, she spends almost two hours in her car every day in traffic and being in the Lexus makes it a lot more tolerable. No way I'd make that commute in a FiST that would be miserable.

I generally take the train into work, but I also make 8+ hour drives at least 2-3 times a year and make 2-ish hour ones once a month or so and neither the FiST nor the Z3 are great for those. Also it'd be nice to have a long distance car my partner can drive too. Manual transmissions cause her to have panic attacks.