Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chefscientist posted:

If it's anything like on Hearthstone it will just be full of degenerate decks with the most insufferable cards you were ready to never see again.

But if it's anything like Modern then it'll be full of hilariously strong decks that change based on bans and unbans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does anyone else think the Aurelia avatar looks like Lady Gaga

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Ugh not a fan of Brawl so far, seems to be like limited but all the cards are nonsense. Doesn't feel like a very satisfying game experience so far.

Also is the pro play in Brawl/Commander to nuke your opponents commanders ASAP or their other creatures? Obviously dealing with the synergy of their commander seems good but ultimately they can replay it, so i'm not sure if there's ever much point?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MikeCrotch posted:

Ugh not a fan of Brawl so far, seems to be like limited but all the cards are nonsense. Doesn't feel like a very satisfying game experience so far.

Also is the pro play in Brawl/Commander to nuke your opponents commanders ASAP or their other creatures? Obviously dealing with the synergy of their commander seems good but ultimately they can replay it, so i'm not sure if there's ever much point?

you will be able to build your own brawl decks, dude, this is just promotional with the preconstructed decks

also if you kill their commander they have to pay increasingly more to replay it and this can really choke people out of the game early if you can clear it right away

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Event owns brawl went from nothing to something I see myself drowning in. Eldrane preview is dope, adventures are a bad and poorly conveyed archetype. I’m very tempted to buy the dumb gingerbread man but Garruk seems trashy.

This update was neat. Also game runs better.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is brawl gonna be a periodic event or part of the game

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The jund deck is basically aristocrats with a ton of cool little synergies. I got outgrinded hard by Dreadhorde Invasion, Woodland Champion, and Witch's Oven.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
its a shame brawl was given no support before now, i've had fun playing this event

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Brawl is not a great idea in real life and may flop again, but it's so perfect for arena.

zoux posted:

Is brawl gonna be a periodic event or part of the game
A new queue from what they've said.

Brawl and SNES on switch, today is a good day for cheap gaming.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm very disappointed in the Chulaine precon but I'm excited to build a real deck with him eventually

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Gotta love Brawl gently caress the haters.

Also I wish I wasnt so bad at drafting, I love that mode so much but everytime I end up 4-3 max :(

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
This has me really hyped for brawl.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yay I finally got wings for my catte.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Kinda blows that there aren't any free rewards past 75, or whatever level it is. Like, I get it, that's F2P games, but still - sucks that my EXP isn't getting me anything (I'm not gonna buy the mastery pass with real money).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Brawl is not a great idea in real life and may flop again, but it's so perfect for arena.
A new queue from what they've said.

Do you know where they said it.

Also kind of gives us an idea of how long vague weasel word timelines are to the development team

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheMaestroso posted:

Kinda blows that there aren't any free rewards past 75, or whatever level it is. Like, I get it, that's F2P games, but still - sucks that my EXP isn't getting me anything (I'm not gonna buy the mastery pass with real money).

you can buy it with gems, not real money

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
How long does this event last?

Also, if I'm lvl 76 with no quests/weeklies left, what's the highest level I can be before end of season?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there'll be events where you can grind xp through consecutive wins so you'll be able to max out with effort no matter what

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Lone Goat posted:

you can buy it with gems, not real money

Well sure, if I didn't use them to draft.

E: V I'll see if I can try and save them up. I have 900 right now, so getting the other 2500 shouldn't be toooo terrible.

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 5, 2019

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

TheMaestroso posted:

Well sure, if I didn't use them to draft.

If you’ve reached the point where you aren’t getting more rewards for XP the mastery pass is a really good deal imho.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

don't forget that if you max out your levels you'll get back 2000 gems from your 3400 investment

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

flatluigi posted:

there'll be events where you can grind xp through consecutive wins so you'll be able to max out with effort no matter what

That event starts Sep 9 and is called Standard 2020 which features post rotation cards + the cards you can unlock right now from Brawl. It is a smart way of incentivizing people to play the game during the most dead period (right before rotation).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Arglebargle III posted:

Eldrain decks are bad, whoever draws removal first wins.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Whoever consistently gets removal wins, not whoever gets their removals off on the trash early game these decks have.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they made one brawl deck much better than the others, very nice

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

Which one do you find that to be?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

zoux posted:

Do you know where they said it.
Hmm I think it's in the official channels when discussing eldraine but looking at the most recent stuff it says "october hopefully"

Be kinda weird to do all this coding and not ship the queue though but this is a wizards of the coast production

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Relin posted:

Eh I went 6-1 playing each deck they're all pretty good, the simic one is insane tho

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Brawl owns, Eldrane will own, Knights will be insane on historic

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Just ground out a crazy swingy Brawl game with the Jund sacrifice deck vs the Esper Artifact pile. Opp had an exalted lifelink faerie swinging at me as a 21/21 at one point. Rhythm of the Wild and enough sacrifice effects to gain card advantage on every sac eventually allowed me to grind it out with 3 cards left in the deck.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spiderdrake posted:

Hmm I think it's in the official channels when discussing eldraine but looking at the most recent stuff it says "october hopefully"

Be kinda weird to do all this coding and not ship the queue though but this is a wizards of the coast production

the reveal stream said brawl would go live in heroic yes

turns out they prioritized it at some point over the year+ since that quote that person screencapped and posted

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Yeah this brawl event is a godsend, I was fed up with current standard.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Huxley posted:

Which one do you find that to be?
the faerie one dude. obviously. the other decks cant even interact with it hardly.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm like 0-8 in the brawl so far. Seems good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

the faerie one dude. obviously. the other decks cant even interact with it hardly.

I’ve just had the faerie deck give me most of my wins by opponents surrendering to the bant deck

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

That's interesting. I played them all and that was the only one I couldn't squeeze a win out of.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

The roping in this event is tilting me to no end.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

mmkay posted:

You need to enable detailed logs in the account settings.

This is also apparently needed to any trackers, unless they're going to be updated to work with limited logs (if it's possible).

Thank you!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I’ve just had the faerie deck give me most of my wins by opponents surrendering to the bant deck
i've played it 5 times, it doesn't DO anything. no board presence, bunch of low pow/tuff minions. it just gets run over every single time... sure do have a bunch of lands though! hurray!

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Rexxed posted:

I'm like 0-8 in the brawl so far. Seems good.

Yeah I'm 1-6. This event is tilting me super hard. I am losing some incredibly close games to insane top decks, or when the Esper deck draws it's 6th removal spell in a row. I am also losing games on turn 4 when I miss the 3rd color I need, or when I tried to play the Jund deck and inexplicably only drew eggs and pies and poo poo that did not effect the board in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You get a free mulligan in Brawl so be aggressive with it.

I had the most luck with Faeries, then Knights, getting most of my six wins with those and mostly getting losses with the other two decks.

The not-simic one is sick if it goes off though