Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

yamashita: toyoda is threatening to destroy the kengan association
also yamashita: my buddy toyoda invited me to visit, let's go hang out together

I mean, it's only natural that such ruthless business genius as Kazzy would play both sides. That way, he can't lose no matter who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ever since the phone call between toyoda and kazuo a few chapters ago the battle lines have been redrawn away from purgatory vs. kengan association and toward both associations vs. secret worm society

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Yama has the balls to show up in the lions den with cubs by his side. He needs no protection:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Suspicious Lump posted:

Yama has the balls to show up in the lions den with cubs by his side. He needs no protection:

I really really want his nickname to become Yama when he inevitably becomes chairman of both associations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

klapman posted:

I really really want his nickname to become Yama when he inevitably becomes chairman arena champion and tournament winner of both associations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Soon his name will be genyusai yamamoto

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/695083/1

Joji: "You don't want to use the spear hand. Fingers break easily."

Gensai, meditating under a waterfall somewhere: ???

I want to see Gensai cutting his food with a karate chop now.

klapman posted:

I really really want his nickname to be Yakuza Kazuo when he inevitably ends up fighting a match.

Also he's phenomenally ripped under the suit.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/695083/1

Joji: "You don't want to use the spear hand. Fingers break easily."

Gensai, meditating under a waterfall somewhere: ???

Gensai does monster hand training and still got like half his fingers broke in the tourney.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
New chapter rolling in. https://mangadex.org/chapter/698630/1

This guy is very rude and I fear Koga may decide to talk poo poo.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Oh hey, It's Wyald from Berserk.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Caidin posted:

New chapter rolling in. https://mangadex.org/chapter/698630/1

This guy is very rude and I fear Koga may decide to talk poo poo.

We're now on a clock until Koga inevitably Talks poo poo and Gets Hit, unfortunately.

Also hah, Mark Myers.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Are we supposed to be familiar with this particular ex-Fang? The only ones I remember are the guy who has the muzzle to hide his Glasgow smile, baldy, and ponytail

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
He was mentioned before as the one who immediately turned tail to Purgatory I think. We haven't seen him before now though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

OnimaruXLR posted:

Are we supposed to be familiar with this particular ex-Fang? The only ones I remember are the guy who has the muzzle to hide his Glasgow smile, baldy, and ponytail

I thought muzzle guy wasn't an ex-Fang, but was instead the rival of the pre-Agito fang.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

I thought muzzle guy wasn't an ex-Fang, but was instead the rival of the pre-Agito fang.

Yeah, the bearded guy that always hangs out with muzzle guy is the real ex-fang

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Takayama was called the man closest to being fang while omori was the previous fang. Hopefully we're about to find out what happened.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I thought the Purgatory matches were no holds barred but it looks like their rules are about the same as the Kengan matches.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Considering the size of the crowd I don't think you have to be a CEO to get in either which probably helps.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I thought the Purgatory matches were no holds barred but it looks like their rules are about the same as the Kengan matches.

Their rules are actually stricter than Kengan.

No knockdown in Kengan, ref calls if you can still fight or not period. If you wanna lie on the ground? fine. spend entire fight prone and I dunno leg sweeping? Allowed. Inaba Ryu and crawling like a hair spider? Kosher.

No Ringout in Kengan. It didn't happen but nothing said the fighters couldn't go into the stands and punch each other.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Yeah, Kengan matches explicitly accept the possibility of death, whereas Purgatory actively advises against it. Deaths are frowned upon, but not much more than that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

klapman posted:

Yeah, Kengan matches explicitly accept the possibility of death, whereas Purgatory actively advises against it. Deaths are frowned upon, but not much more than that.

Hell, deaths weren't even really frowned on until Nogi took over. Nogi's new order explicitly put in the rule penalizing a fighter for intentionally killing their opponent.

Raian certainly wasn't holding back to avoid killing his opponents in the previous series given that he pretty much crushed Mokichi's neck, Muteba finished a match with a heart punch(which can be super fatal if he hadn't pulled it for Jun's benefit), the crazy judo dude probably would have killed whoever he fought, and Kiryu probably would have killed Kuroki if Kuroki wasn't the Master of Fundamentals.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

Hell, deaths weren't even really frowned on until Nogi took over. Nogi's new order explicitly put in the rule penalizing a fighter for intentionally killing their opponent.

Raian certainly wasn't holding back to avoid killing his opponents in the previous series given that he pretty much crushed Mokichi's neck, Muteba finished a match with a heart punch(which can be super fatal if he hadn't pulled it for Jun's benefit), the crazy judo dude probably would have killed whoever he fought, and Kiryu probably would have killed Kuroki if Kuroki wasn't the Master of Fundamentals.

don't forget lovely Cop (redundant name)

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Also Muteba actively murdered Meguro with aggressive finger insertions, so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair you weren't gonna be able to put down (heh) Meguro any other way other than permanently.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Man, the British fighter in the latest chapter is sure as poo poo a homage to Dudley from Streetfighter

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kengan matches also had Metsudo and maybe his predecessors encouraging competitors and sponsors to engage in skulduggery and rule-bending in order to foster Dark Elf business Darwinism, while Purgatory is about putting on the best possible fights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spuckuk posted:

Man, the British fighter in the latest chapter is sure as poo poo a homage to Dudley from Streetfighter

I think they're both just based on the original boxing style

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, his opponent is Mike Myers so...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Kengan matches also had Metsudo and maybe his predecessors encouraging competitors and sponsors to engage in skulduggery and rule-bending in order to foster Dark Elf business Darwinism, while Purgatory is about putting on the best possible fights.

Purgatory is explicitly just for entertainment from what we've seen. A far cry from the proxy war businesses engage in for Kengan matches.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
New chapter!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/703039

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

in which rear end in a top hat fang dude is... an rear end in a top hat. who knew?

in a surprise twist, koga not only does not talk poo poo, he does the exact opposite of talking poo poo. it doesn't help

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
still love toyoda's goat eyes

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

in which rear end in a top hat fang dude is... an rear end in a top hat. who knew?

in a surprise twist, koga not only does not talk poo poo, he does the exact opposite of talking poo poo. it doesn't help

Just exist, get hit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Good on Purgatory for getting a properly punchable face, feel like it needed it since the organization comes off as way more reasonable then the Kengan matchs.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm glad Gaoh is ready to murder anyone who messes with his friend/boyfriend/husband/life partner/associate/partner/rival.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Caidin posted:

Good on Purgatory for getting a properly punchable face, feel like it needed it since the organization comes off as way more reasonable then the Kengan matchs.

Hell, the former Fang dude's motivation isn't that unreasonable in the first place.

Leaving a company for another one that offers better benefits is not a bad thing????

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

I'm glad Gaoh is ready to murder anyone who messes with his friend/boyfriend/husband/life partner/associate/partner/rival.

Somewhere that secretary’s nose exploded.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell, the former Fang dude's motivation isn't that unreasonable in the first place.

Leaving a company for another one that offers better benefits is not a bad thing????

To be fair, Fang of Metsudo is also explicitly the head of Metsudo's bodyguards/private army and his right hand man, so it's far more prestigious and personal position than "just" an elite Kengan Association fighter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ryuki and Jose were both about to go for the sixth fang's throat.

Koga gonna learn him the one inch punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Koga's real power is making strong friends