Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I guess to clarify; the way I see it, since we don't have access to voice comms, you can't accurately determine how much is an individuals decision making after the laning phase. So I err on the side of seeing it as teamwork. Especially when more than one player is involved which is usually the case for OG. Even if they're not directly communicating what they're going to do, they have the game sense of each other to react appropriately and quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I'm in no way memeing, he's Good as compared to average players but the gulf between him and the actual top of the pack is like the gulf between him and me (im not good)

It's actually not. CCnC is really loving good. The differences between someone like him and Sumail or Midone or Maybe or so on are actually really small. Most of the difference is in his even smaller hero pool.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I’m really excited to watch the T1 team, if it’s good or bad idc. Just wanna see korean dota again

T1 is pretty ruthless in how they run their teams so if they fail to show a good result they could just cut the team half way through the season. Hopefully they got a good lineup that makes it to at least TI

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

emdash posted:

it would be pretty funny if that guy thought that "T1" meant tier 1 when it is actually the name of Forev's team (which it is)

Yup I meant tier 1 since that's how orgs are categorized when discussing them. It's a completely arbitrary and stupid metric we use but hey real metrics don't exist in esports :shrug: I don't follow LoL very closely, I always assumed SK Telecom was SKT or something just as ridiculous as their orgs name.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

WHO IS REPLACING MIDONE AND WHATS UP WITH NAVI

I've heard too many conflicting lineups for Na'Vi, but I just messaged someone that would know. I have a feeling Empire is coming out on top in CIS but it's 4am in Ukraine so I doubt I'll have any answer until later tonight.

edit: Beastcoast gunning for Sumail stack as well. Kid is probably just kicking back and letting the orgs out bid each other.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 5, 2019

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I'm not sure where Forev will find the talent for a t1 Korean team

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

I'm not sure where Forev will find the talent for a t1 Korean team

"There is going to be a tier 1 Korean roster with Forev, you know with some MVP guys" was the exact-ish quote. I don't know how good the team will be but there are enough S.Korean players that would probably happily leave their current rosters.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Forev's issue was always that he had difficulty communicating with his teammates since he's not that fluent in english.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Korean dota peaked years ago, it will never rise to its former glory.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

Korean dota peaked years ago, it will never rise to its former glory.

thats not jesusst1ck

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is QO coming out of retirement? Is Blitz?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shouldnt be that hard to reunite zephyr for forev

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/virtuspro/status/1169580942949642240?s=17

He’s on navi now. Blizzy is out

emdash fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 5, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reality Sinner posted:

Is QO coming out of retirement? Is Blitz?

Blitz himself admitted that he's not good enough to play pro dota anymore lol

I assume febby would be part of any korean stack

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

"Pasha may be a replacement for Blizzy. Crystallize, Sonneiko, and MagicaL are expected to stay."

Esforce so not directly from Navi yet but CIS is falling apart from the sounds of it and surprise:it all has to do with shady handling of money across the board in Eastern EU.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 5, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Blitz himself admitted that he's not good enough to play pro dota anymore lol

I assume febby would be part of any korean stack

he was 5k when he first tried it in korea and now hes like 7.5k

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kild posted:

he was 5k when he first tried it in korea and now hes like 7.5k

he also talked at TI about what happened last time he joined a pro team a year or two ago: he quit the team after 2 days because he didn't think he could do it

96 spacejam posted:

"Pasha may be a replacement for Blizzy. Crystallize, Sonneiko, and MagicaL are expected to stay."

Esforce so not directly from Navi yet but CIS is falling apart from the sounds of it and surprise:it all has to do with shady handling of money across the board in Eastern EU.

thanks reddit :v:

quote:

The five-time Major winner with Virtus.pro Pavel «9pasha» Khvastunov is to leave our team per mutual agreement. After representing VP since August 2016, Pavel will continue his career in NAVI.

Arseniy «ArsZeeqq» Usov, the head coach of Dota 2 roster during DPC 2018/19 season, is to leave Virtus.pro along with 9pasha. Together with Arseniy we won The Kuala Lumpur Major, Maincast Autumn Brawl, Adrenaline Cyber League and reached the Grand-Finals of Chongqing and Stockholm Majors.

Roman Dvoryankin, Virtus.pro General Manager: «Pasha is a true veteran and one of the most respected players of CIS Dota. I can hardly imagine VP without him, but sooner or later everything comes to an end. We are endlessly grateful for Pavel’s contribution to our success and wish him the best of luck in NAVI. Special thanks to our coach - even as ArsZeeqq faced constant pressure from the community, his positivity and dedication never faded. His Chongqing performance against PSG.LGD will remain in our hearts forever».

Pavel Khvastunov: «Those were awesome three years I will never forget. We showed the entire world that a CIS team can play great Dota. Huge thanks to all our fans! I am eager to face new challenges in NAVI. See you at the tournaments!»

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Bring back 9pashaebashu

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

96 spacejam posted:

what about Secret, whats with their roster

Not Al-Qaeda fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 5, 2019

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

what about Secret

Secret is an org with a history of alleged shady dealings

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Knowlue posted:

Secret is an org with a history of alleged shady dealings

It was proposed that they have someone monitor their financial dealings. But we all know how Puppey feels about monitors.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
lgdamefan saying it's pos1 sumail, pos3 yawar on whatever the team ends up being

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

96 spacejam posted:

Ha, finally. Someone with a few brain cells.

After being into this game since release, cutting myself off to finally better my life, and then coming back in out of curiosity, it loving blows my mind how many people loving talk like this. Just the douchiest nerds concentrated into one game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Angrymantium posted:

After being into this game since release, cutting myself off to finally better my life, and then coming back in out of curiosity, it loving blows my mind how many people loving talk like this. Just the douchiest nerds concentrated into one game

You think it’s bad in just this game? Thankfully context is important and he chilled out in later posts. People can learn from their mistakes.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
lol if you dont play with 'mute all incoming chat' on

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

emdash posted:

pos1 sumail

Why. Why. Why.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

This legitimately makes no sense.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

mikeraskol posted:

Why. Why. Why.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

This legitimately makes no sense.

pretend i posted the tweet that said "i've already been playing offlane my entire career" followed by the one that said "the king is back to mid"

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Señor Pipi

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Rewatching TI8, I'd just like to mention: Topson is a GOD

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Since PGL announced that Secret is booked to play a tourney in December, I'm guessing that tamps out any trade rumors for MidOne (for now).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not necessarily. Secret is still a big name and will still have puppey and whoever he's recruited.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.22g

rip carry io turning into a murder machine at 15 (carry io turns into a murder machine at 20 now)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

edit wait wait wait. so the 90gpm talent at level 10 gets you the Aghs/helm faster...so you just have to wait a few more levels to get the +75 damage. Why not add a mana-draining cost to the scepter spirits so you can just run around killing everything?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's a much later go time. Other poo poo is online by then.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
TI9 has inspired me to play DOTA again and my favorite hero Lycan just got buffed.

That is fantastic!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After discovering that I get points from morokai even if I lose I am now only 50 points from planetfall :toot:

Kind of bummed that the patch dropped before the battlepass closed though since I can unlock three nodes with two ench wins and now that's gonna be Real Hard.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
It's actually a massive nerf because you need to buy an actual armor item or you just get shredded.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

JackDarko posted:

TI9 has inspired me to play DOTA again and my favorite hero Lycan just got buffed.

That is fantastic!

I mean, kinda

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Lycan went from giving 40 gold to enemy teams for free to now giving 45 gold to enemy teams for free. This is a buff.

I don't think the shapeshift changes are a meaningful buff but maybe they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I can feel it in my bones. Veno is back.