Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair to Koga that was a liver blow and no amount of burning samurai spirit or martial arts magic will let you no sell an actual direct hit to the liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
A sucker punch to the liver no less

Some pretty good faces in this chapter even for Kengan.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fabricated posted:

To be fair to Koga that was a liver blow and no amount of burning samurai spirit or martial arts magic will let you no sell an actual direct hit to the liver.

I'm guessing that's what Koga's finishing move will be.

Jose's a real cool guy

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Magissima posted:

A sucker punch to the liver no less

Some pretty good faces in this chapter even for Kengan.

Seriously, Jose's face was fantastic, as was Toyoda's reproachful face.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at Jose getting upset that koga talks poo poo at everyone but him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Daromeon, I have one question.

WHAT ARE THOOOOOSE!!
Seriously I forgot that feet are occasionally a problem in this series until this page

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kogas gonna become ippo and master the gazelle punch

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love how much of a cocky shitbag the 6th fang is, he's somehow more petulant than Raian was in the annihilation tournament. He's also scared of Toyoda to an extent which goes to show you just how powerful he is.

I also really like how Koga is mellowing out and maturing so quickly. He was consistently the measured voice of reason through that whole conflict, not falling for the provocations like Jose or getting flustered like Kazzy. Even after the liver sucker punch he kept his cool, continuing to defuse the situation and taking notes of how effective the liver shot was. It's similar to Ohma's arc but he's way better with people. I hope he gets to land a liver shot on big rear end in a top hat later down the line.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is this the most unpleasant/assholish face of the entire series so far?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

tweet my meat posted:

I love how much of a cocky shitbag the 6th fang is, he's somehow more petulant than Raian was in the annihilation tournament. He's also scared of Toyoda to an extent which goes to show you just how powerful he is.

I also really like how Koga is mellowing out and maturing so quickly. He was consistently the measured voice of reason through that whole conflict, not falling for the provocations like Jose or getting flustered like Kazzy. Even after the liver sucker punch he kept his cool, continuing to defuse the situation and taking notes of how effective the liver shot was. It's similar to Ohma's arc but he's way better with people. I hope he gets to land a liver shot on big rear end in a top hat later down the line.

I'd like that too but I think we all know Agito is going to murder this guy

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

frajaq posted:

Koga's real power is making strong friends

Clearly he understood the real lesson of Kengan Asura, and intends to win by making friends with the all the competitors before fighting them.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

frajaq posted:

He looks like he's wearing a mask made of another person face-flesh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

It's a strong runner up

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

His face may be modelled after a leaner and eyebrow-less Andre the Giant:

Andre with his scary face on (the third ones a statue but you get the point).

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Reminds me of an apostle from Berserk. Maybe Wyald before he went full demon ape?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell, the former Fang dude's motivation isn't that unreasonable in the first place.

Leaving a company for another one that offers better benefits is not a bad thing????

I believe there's a bit of a cultural dissonance with this. Even if it's ultimately your own life, if you immediately move away from the person/company/country that has taken care of your professional upbringing you'll be seen as a piece of poo poo in many places.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Petiso posted:

I believe there's a bit of a cultural dissonance with this. Even if it's ultimately your own life, if you immediately move away from the person/company/country that has taken care of your professional upbringing you'll be seen as a piece of poo poo in many places.

Doesn't really apply when the profession you're moving away from is death matches.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
It may be a break week for omega, but there are no breaks on the Kengan Train.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/707755/1

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JamMasterJim posted:

It may be a break week for omega, but there are no breaks on the Kengan Train.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/707755/1

I'm really liking the silent friendship between Gaolang and Fisherman Grandpa.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
these omakes are masterpieces

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Gaolang's weird association with fishing grandpa is amazing.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

Gaolang's weird association with fishing grandpa is amazing.

I imagine Gaolang finds it soothing to spend time with someone who never talks, after having spent a lifetime associating with Saw Paing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okubo and Agito hanging out really needs to happen more.

And I loving love the quartet.

Though I feel like 2 of the comics in particular can't work within the Kengan Ashura canon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kindred spirits...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
These are magical, I love punchmans

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think you can read this one two ways

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I dont thing Gaolank is in any position to judge.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Doesn't really apply when the profession you're moving away from is death matches.

The last thing I think of when looking at Hikaru is a guy who has a problem with taking a life.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

No Wave posted:

I think you can read this one two ways
Please explain because all I see Gaolong looking depressed while cooking a mushroom?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I don't think there's anything to this aside from that Cosmo looks like a matsutake mushroom but gay connotations could certainly be made.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://mangadex.org/chapter/712731/1

Koga... :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I don't care what anyone says, I'm hyped for what Akoya is going to do next.
So it seems like the company set up to fight Ryuki is one that's more heavily been infiltrated by the Worms. Meanwhile Koga has his own match coming up but just got completly put off balance by Ryuki shattering their bromance in one afternoon. And Akoya is about to conduct Justice on Ryuuki. And I actually have no doubt that Akoya of all people can take down Ryuki given the guy was an absolute monster in the tournament and really only didn't make it farther because Cosmo had plot armor.

but the real takeaway from all this is Worm is really dumb. If you're going to go through the labor of incredibly elaborate cosmetic surgery, infiltrating multiple businesses and possibly doing this on a national level, all for some unknown goal. Why would you leave/give your members identifying tattoos? Do you want your consipracy to be uncovered? Because that's how your conspiracy gets uncovered. Would be real telling if a bunch of bodies started showing up with DNA that doesn't match the records and everyone seems to like bugs too

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Because rule of cool, "Hey wouldn't it be cool if we all had matching tattoos?" "gently caress yeah bro pound it"

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

great stuff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
When you start dating someone and you find out they're a cold-blooded murderer.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am actually hopeful. Discovering an uncomfortable secret about your boyfriend sucks, but it can also be foundation for a far healthier and equitable relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Is he cold blooded? That other man attacked him after trailing him for a while. I would say its fair play at that point.